Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Wait, is this still a thing? I thought this was hard core dropped. Especially after their last interaction in the Trial
    yeah i dont think thats happening, and i believe almost that it probably never was
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I know it’s probably unlikely but i would love to see emma using like a telepathic fencing sword or something, i wish she carried her fencing skills over to how she fights.

What comic is this from? Also I totally agree with a telepathic fencing sword idea! That’d be sick. Although I’m partial to her gaining some ability to extend her diamond form to make powerful weapons

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicHobo View Post
    What comic is this from? Also I totally agree with a telepathic fencing sword idea! That’d be sick. Although I’m partial to her gaining some ability to extend her diamond form to make powerful weapons
    Its from Herc #8! And yeah i would love for writers to expand on her diamond form, i wouldnt mind if she could like control diamond constructs or something like in xmen unlimited, like we know she’s incredibly durable but shes lacking a lot in offense while in her diamond form, i wish they’d work on that a little
    Last edited by Diammandis; 10-01-2021 at 07:14 PM.
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member

Emma was one of my favorite characters until they had her lead Generation. She just makes a better villain than a hero.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Emma was one of my favorite characters until they had her lead Generation. She just makes a better villain than a hero.

Meh, people that say that are 100% based on nostalgia for their childhoods. As a villain, she's just a poor man's Selene. As a hero or anti-hero, she's one a kind.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post

Yeah for this I'm gonna have to disagree she was a terribly boring villain, shes more interesting fleshed out as a hero/anti hero. Her moral complexities and willingness to do whatever it takes to protect mutant kind is something that just makes her a rich and interest character.
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    As a villain, she's just a poor man's Selene. As a hero or anti-hero, she's one a kind.
    Poor man's Selene in what way?

Even as a villain I think Emma Frost got to appear more and had a more fleshed out personality than Selene.

Yeah for this I'm gonna have to disagree she was a terribly boring villain, shes more interesting fleshed out as a hero/anti hero. Her moral complexities and willingness to do whatever it takes to protect mutant kind is something that just makes her a rich and interest character.
    Hardly boring, in that case Loddell would not have gotten the idea to use her for Generation X.

In particular her role in New Mutants as a villain was pretty good.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I loved her as Villain, she wasn't boring at all. I loved more her as Teacher/Hero in Gen-X.
    I absolutely LOVE her as Anti Hero, now.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Compared to how she has been written for nearly 2 decades i just find that she was not as interesting to me as a villain. I think because i was introduced to Emma more as a hero/anti-hero i just have a preference for that type of characterization for her
    She's A Lifebringer

As White Queen of the HFC she was your basic villain doing and saying basic villainous things. I loved her back then because she was so different to Shaw and the others at the time with her own distinct voice and motives (mainly as a New Mutants rogue). The trauma of losing her Hellions then being cast in the role of teacher/protector of the Gen-X students really added some beauty-full layers and complexity to her character which were solidified when she became a full-fledged X-Man later on under Morrison (my favourite) and Fraction and Whedon (admittedly not my favourite iterations of the character).
    What I love about this era's Emma is that she is one of the few characters who feels truly three-dimensional because she still carries all those elements from her past (even the villain mindset) into this present.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

What I like about Emma is her story involves changes but feels linear. (Which a slight derailment with IvX). She also has impact on the franchise which has seem to grown; perhaps to a boil now in the Hickman era. In a series about evolution; she's evolved; and I'd argue generally for the bigger and better.

She's a yin to a lot of yangs within X-Men:
    - Wolverine is hyper masculine, Emma is hyper femme
    - Jean is emotional; Emma is intellectual
    - Kitty's creating a new system; Emma working within the current system
    - Iceman's insecure bottom; Emma is a power bottom
    - Xavier teaches his dream; Emma teaches practicality

She has a lot of ties to the larger Marvel Universe: House of M, Civil War, Secret Invasion, Age of Ultron, Original Sin, Secret Empire. Namor, Iron Man, Kingpin, Invisible Woman, Doom, Captain America.

The Hickman era has really brought on her family back with the Cuckoos and Christian as well.
    It an exciting time to be an Emma fan!

Three dimensional, philosophical, Mama taking Krakoa for her own! Can't wait!
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Can't argue with any of that. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    What I like about Emma is her story involves changes but feels linear. (Which a slight derailment with IvX). She also has impact on the franchise which has seem to grown; perhaps to a boil now in the Hickman era. In a series about evolution; she's evolved; and I'd argue generally for the bigger and better.

She's a yin to a lot of yangs within X-Men:
    - Wolverine is hyper masculine, Emma is hyper femme
    - Jean is emotional; Emma is intellectual
    - Kitty's creating a new system; Emma working within the current system
    - Iceman's insecure bottom; Emma is a power bottom
    - Xavier teaches his dream; Emma teaches practicality

She has a lot of ties to the larger Marvel Universe: House of M, Civil War, Secret Invasion, Age of Ultron, Original Sin, Secret Empire. Namor, Iron Man, Kingpin, Invisible Woman, Doom, Captain America.

The Hickman era has really brought on her family back with the Cuckoos and Christian as well.
    It an exciting time to be an Emma fan!

Three dimensional, philosophical, Mama taking Krakoa for her own! Can't wait!
    How very well writen. Well done! Many thanks
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

House of Frost is coming!

When the inevitable happen who you want Emma in Emma´s goberment?

I know it’s probably unlikely but i would love to see emma using like a telepathic fencing sword or something, i wish she carried her fencing skills over to how she fights.

so here we have her uniform and cape made diamond too.. it´d be interesting if she can diamond up and control objects (or more)
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare