Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Destiny's aim is to ensure Krakoa exists for mutants to live and survive...she wouldn't then theoretically form a group to oppose it.
    She may have been a villain in the past, and she's married to a villain, but that doesn't mean she has villainous intent towards mutants...unlike Moira who created a mutant "cure" and clearly still has her notes.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-28-2021 at 12:45 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Why would it imply that?

It's not as if Xavier is now the ruler of Krakoa or anything, as this issue made quite clear. He's not even the only one handling resurrections anymore.
    Well there's the conversation between Destiny and Mystique in this issue where Mystique admits Charles and Mags' influence over Krakoa and the Quiet Council places them in a position that's definitely not equal to any of the other members. Sure it's not a dictatorship but when one thinks of Krakoa's leaders, it's Charles and Erik. Honestly tho... it practically is true. At least in regard to the ginormous scale of the game they're playing considering that Mutantdom's current situation is all based off of an amalgamation of various timelines; possibly thousands of years worth of information. The event Inferno is just Xavier and Magento's grip on Krakoa weakening (or being quite literally incinerated off).

As for Emma, She's one of the 6 mutants who know just how vast the scope of their current situation is. The exact panel parallels suggest that she'll do at the very least SOMETHING with the information and won't just sit there and bite her tongue. Charles decided to start a mutant nation. Maybe Emma wrests control and secures a position similar to his post-inferno? She might do something else, who knows? But with everything I've read of Hickman, it doesn't seem likely that the parallels will amount to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Destiny's aim is to ensure Krakoa exists for mutants to live and survive...she wouldn't then theoretically form a group to oppose it.
    She may have been a villain in the past, and she's married to a villain, but that doesn't mean she has villainous intent towards mutants...unlike Moira who created a mutant "cure" and clearly still has her notes.
    Oh I meant more Krakoa's leadership rather than the nation itself. I think this could be the actual start of a divide in terms of mutants. Now they have achieved a true Nation, now is time to really decide how to run it. I expect those in the know of the Moira thing will have vastly different opinions on how to handle it, hence maybe Krakoa becomes maybe different regions with different ways of living at some point.

To be honest I am quite worried with Emma post Inferno. There are no previews with her....Im not sure she will not die/disappear.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I do wonder if Moira is for mutants after all this, I mean when did she become pro-mutant again?I know Destiny tortured her into it, but now that all the cards are on the table and she's on her possibility of this being her last life.

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    To be honest I am quite worried with Emma post Inferno. There are no previews with her....Im not sure she will not die/disappear.
    Means she'll do something big which they aren't spoiling.She the one person alongside Destiny who won't die rn IMO

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. That's what seems confusing to me. Technically Moira and Destiny should be on the same page but they're not. So the question becomes...who's the good guy and who's the real villain? My money is on Moira playing them all but....it's HiX-Man, it's never that cut an dry.

They hinted they have something planned for Emma. Revealing it now would most likely spoil Inferno's ending.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-29-2021 at 04:17 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    If this era has proven anything is that the current crop of writer really like using her even if it's for a cameo. I doubt we're going back to the dry spell we had during the Inhuman Killing cloud era. Emma will show up somewhere, I'm sure.

What I'm not convince is that she will have an on going, but she will definitely still be in comics regularly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    If this era has proven anything is that the current crop of writer really like using her even if it's for a cameo. I doubt we're going back to the dry spell we had during the Inhuman Killing cloud era. Emma will show up somewhere, I'm sure.

What I'm not convince is that she will have an on going, but she will definitely still be in comics regularly.
    I just love how Emma is a constant fixure in this Krakoan era she's not too far behind Moira, Xavier, and Mags. And the fact that Hickman is positioning her in a way that implies big things for her character on his way out.

Spectacular Member

Dear lord man the cloud era giving me some horrendous flashbacks lmao

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicHobo View Post
    Dear lord man the cloud era giving me some horrendous flashbacks lmao
    At least I didn't bring up the screengrap of the Death of X helmet outfit from hell.

IMO the HiXman Krakora era really wonderful things for:

1) Expanded her familial ties: Christian and the Cuckoos
    2) Gave her a separate but equal personality to Cyclops
    3) Acknowledges Generation X
    4) Cements her a central figure with the franchise and within the X-Verse.

As a long time Emma fan, I was worried when Fraction took over because I saw the generic decline of becoming trophy girlfriend would happen. It was slow but I always knew we were going to get IvX Emma. Luckily they dumbed that quickly but didn't have a real narrative for her till Black King into now.

I'm expecting big things for Emma in the future. At the very least to remain a prominent figure. I would love to see her and Destiny interact. And lots not forget Namor seems to keep reappearing as well.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    By Valerio Schiti

Ugh i cant wait to see the context of this panel
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

The new writer of Marauders said Emma will be heavily featured elsewhere

timthumb (1).jpg
    DEVIL’S REIGN: X-MEN #2 (OF 3)

Written by GERRY DUGGAN

Art and Cover by PHIL NOTO

DEALS WITH THE DEVIL!

Turns out attending Hellfire Club soirees was not the naughtiest thing Emma Frost was up to in the time before she joined the X-Men… And the dirty deeds she did for Wilson Fisk are coming back to haunt her.

Quote Originally Posted by RadarBlackout View Post
    timthumb (1).jpg
    DEVIL’S REIGN: X-MEN #2 (OF 3)

Written by GERRY DUGGAN

Art and Cover by PHIL NOTO

DEALS WITH THE DEVIL!

Turns out attending Hellfire Club soirees was not the naughtiest thing Emma Frost was up to in the time before she joined the X-Men… And the dirty deeds she did for Wilson Fisk are coming back to haunt her.
    Hmm are those older versions of the characters on the cover? If so im extremely excited to see how Emma bumped heads with them while working under Fisk
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer