Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Selene is my favourite X-villain and sad to say I've completely given up expecting any X-writer wanting to do anything with her. (X-Crap doesn't exist in my universe)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Just read it and I sure am disappointed that Selene wasnt in the issue given that spoilers:
    Leland, and Shaw both were
    end of spoilers i would have killed to see Selene and Emma interact some more especially in the context of this issue.
    I'd say Emma's reaction to Selene would be trying to drive a stake through her heart for Wither and Onyx
    And Selene is probably still hung up on the Black Queen/King costume

So looks like Emma will be apart of Immortal Xmen written by Kieron Gillen and art by Lucas Werneck, a book about the quiet council and the council on arrako by the looks of the teaser.

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Finally, a book built almost exclusively for me.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I very rarely ever do this but...YAASSS QUEEN!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member

Woooo I loved Gillen's Emma back in the day.
    He wrote one of my favorite fighting scenes of hers, the one in which she defeats Sinister telepathically... just a few moments after she lost an arm due to a Celestial attack.

He did want to make her a villain again, but from the interviews he said Emma wouldn't accept staying in the background while Cyclops prioritized leading Utopia. It'll be interesting to see what he has in store for her now in this era.

Yeah looks like good times ahead.

I also read Devils Reign looks like Kingpin is gonna take Kilgraves power

Quote Originally Posted by OldManLogan View Post
    He did want to make her a villain again, but from the interviews he said Emma wouldn't accept staying in the background while Cyclops prioritized leading Utopia. It'll be interesting to see what he has in store for her now in this era.
    In that case Gillen will probably be quite happy with where Hickman leaves her after Inferno.

This is my biggest worry. Gillen can write a good Emma, but he was also willing to make her a villain again.

However, I don't think Gerry or Leah, if she's still in the X-Office, would allow that. Also, social media is so huge these days that the blow-back on Emma being forced into villainy again or another character assassination (IvX) attempt would be huge.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    In that case Gillen will probably be quite happy with where Hickman leaves her after Inferno.
    I think so too. Back then, we had just left Fraction's era and Emma was too tame, defanged even. Completely opposite to nowadays where this is one the best eras for her in terms of characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Krew View Post
    This is my biggest worry. Gillen can write a good Emma, but he was also willing to make her a villain again.

However, I don't think Gerry or Leah, if she's still in the X-Office, would allow that. Also, social media is so huge these days that the blow-back on Emma being forced into villainy again or another character assassination (IvX) attempt would be huge.
    I wont say there's no need to worry, after all this is comics and anything can happen. But back when Gillen had his book Emma was very stagnant, which is the complete opposite of what we have now. Also, when he talked about turning her into a villain it was about her development as a character, not to be used for the betterment of another (IvX...) - he said he didn't believe Emma wouldn tolerate weakness or allow herself to be sidelined.

Guys, Marvel won't try the traditional villain route after the failed attempt during the IvX and beyond stories really were inconsistant and badly done.

And mutants in general have move on beyond those types of categories. Emma's a political figure and that's where she shines. That's where she can be an anti hero and do bad thing for greater causes. This is where she can really play in the shades of gray. I think we're in for fun times ahead, honestly. Emma's not supposed to be purely good or purely evil, she's supposed to dance between the two at her, and hers, convinience.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Guys, Marvel won't try the traditional villain route after the failed attempt during the IvX and beyond stories really were inconsistant and badly done.

And mutants in general have move on beyond those types of categories. Emma's a political figure and that's where she shines. That's where she can be an anti hero and do bad thing for greater causes. This is where she can really play in the shades of gray. I think we're in for fun times ahead, honestly. Emma's not supposed to be purely good or purely evil, she's supposed to dance between the two at her, and hers, convinience.
    THIS!

if shes written well I honestly wont have any qualms with how she is portrayed as long as it makes a semblance of sense with her character progression so far. The only thing i do hope to see is some cool fight scenes, which i doubt we'd see many of, Kieron did so good with her action scenes when he had her a part of the Extinction Team.
    Last edited by Diammandis; 12-09-2021 at 07:37 PM.
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    THIS!

if shes written well I honestly wont have any qualms with how she is portrayed as long as it makes a semblance of sense with her character progression so far. The only thing i do hope to see is some cool fight scenes, which i doubt we'd see many of, Kieron did so good with her action scenes when he had her apart of the Extinction Team.
    Her losing her arm and still doing her job in the first arc was just stellar stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Her losing her arm and still doing her job in the first arc was just stellar stuff.
    That whole little arc was just so badass, i hope she goes against some Arrakis from the Great Ring or something, I would love to see another moment like that again by Gillen.
    Last edited by Diammandis; 12-09-2021 at 07:34 PM.
    She's A Lifebringer

I dunno, I really like Gillen as a writer but I'm nervous about his take on Emma. I do agree with most of you that Emma is obviously not a totally morally "good" character, but I would still like her to be portrayed as heroic overall, and specifically as a member of the X-men and not just a part of their universe as a third party. It becomes too easy for her to get excluded in other media like shows or movies or games if she isn't framed as an X-men member. Or worse, framed as a villain lol. Just my 2 cents.