Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 414748495051
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Her losing her arm and still doing her job in the first arc was just stellar stuff.
    Cosigned

He wrote a fantastic Emma

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    I dunno, I really like Gillen as a writer but I'm nervous about his take on Emma. I do agree with most of you that Emma is obviously not a totally morally "good" character, but I would still like her to be portrayed as heroic overall, and specifically as a member of the X-men and not just a part of their universe as a third party. It becomes too easy for her to get excluded in other media like shows or movies or games if she isn't framed as an X-men member. Or worse, framed as a villain lol. Just my 2 cents.
    Does it really? Emma was part of the 92 cartoon, had plans to be on the cancelled season of Evolution and was a main character of Wolverine and the X-Men. She was a main part of the X-Men Anime. She was done in live action 3 times. And was even part of the Pryde of the X-Men cartoon. And a ton of video games, where her unique powerset often make her a much wanted character in some of them.

And in all of these she has been portrayed as a hero or villain. I mean, even the now dead Marvel Super Heroes Squad, a game targeted heavily to younger children, had her as a character dispite her usually being affiliated with a more mature audience.

To me, as long as Emma is present in the comics, she'll have adaptations for years to come.

So really the only real gripe here is if you prefer her as heroic or not. I'm just not comfortable when its the extreme of either.

Extraordinary Member

Emma made this WatchMojo list of the "20 sexiest characters of all time" alongside James Bond, Lara Croft, Elvira, etc.

"The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Does it really? Emma was part of the 92 cartoon, had plans to be on the cancelled season of Evolution and was a main character of Wolverine and the X-Men. She was a main part of the X-Men Anime. She was done in live action 3 times. And was even part of the Pryde of the X-Men cartoon. And a ton of video games, where her unique powerset often make her a much wanted character in some of them.

And in all of these she has been portrayed as a hero or villain. I mean, even the now dead Marvel Super Heroes Squad, a game targeted heavily to younger children, had her as a character dispite her usually being affiliated with a more mature audience.

To me, as long as Emma is present in the comics, she'll have adaptations for years to come.

So really the only real gripe here is if you prefer her as heroic or not. I'm just not comfortable when its the extreme of either.
    I am thinking that not making the cut for the cancelled season of Evolution was a blessing to all involved - the script reads like Character Assassination 101. I liked her portrayal is Wolverine and the X-Men - Emma was one of the few bright spots in that show, and I consider her second only to Nightcrawler is how well she was portrayed, even though she tops everyone not named Logan in relevance to the story (and is pretty close to being more relevant than everyone other than Logan combined.)
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I am thinking that not making the cut for the cancelled season of Evolution was a blessing to all involved - the script reads like Character Assassination 101. I liked her portrayal is Wolverine and the X-Men - Emma was one of the few bright spots in that show, and I consider her second only to Nightcrawler is how well she was portrayed, even though she tops everyone not named Logan in relevance to the story (and is pretty close to being more relevant than everyone other than Logan combined.)
    What was the script

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    What was the script
    Scott betrays the X-Men and joins the Inner Circle of the Hellfire Club - no, it's not part of some "destroy them from the inside" gambit. I'd actually like that. Also, Emma is a full on villain and stays that way.
    Dark does not mean deep.

That's exactly what I mean though, most of those examples like the WatXM cartoon and the anime came out back when she was the female lead of the X-men and very much framed as a definitive part of the X-men, including as a representative of them in other Marvel books and events. So naturally other media was inclined to included her as such. My worry is more about the future. Like how when discussions about a totally new X-men cartoon happen, a lot of people leave her out of rosters completely or just include her a villain, usually more casual fans who don't consider her to be an X-man. And I personally don't want her future inclusion to just be as a Hellfire Club villain or even the in between limbo state she was in right before HoXPoX.

Lucas’ Emma is soo gorgeous I literally cannot wait to see what he does for her in Immortal, like she was drawn perfect in todays issue of ToM

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    That's exactly what I mean though, most of those examples like the WatXM cartoon and the anime came out back when she was the female lead of the X-men and very much framed as a definitive part of the X-men, including as a representative of them in other Marvel books and events. So naturally other media was inclined to included her as such. My worry is more about the future. Like how when discussions about a totally new X-men cartoon happen, a lot of people leave her out of rosters completely or just include her a villain, usually more casual fans who don't consider her to be an X-man. And I personally don't want her future inclusion to just be as a Hellfire Club villain or even the in between limbo state she was in right before HoXPoX.
    I wouldn't worry about the future. Outside of Wolverine, she's one of the most used characters. Even before Hickman when she was in Inhuman hell, she was written well...outside the X office. I think she has a great future ahead. She's in a rare position where the XMen needs her more than she needs them (other examples of characters on these positions are Logan, Deadpool, Storm...).

I don't need her to be on an XMen team, as long as she is still a power player. It seems all sorts of writers have fun with her too.