Page 69 of 162 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2427
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Barbara's plan of stealing the lasso by basically saying "hey, can I see that?" was pretty funny.
    I have no idea what the plan was going to be beyond that.

Because good luck escaping from Wonder Woman while trying to navigate the Hell maze that is Boston.

Barbara's plan of stealing the lasso by basically saying "hey, can I see that?" was pretty funny.
    And she would have gotten away with too if weren't for that meddling lasso.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I have no idea what the plan was going to be beyond that.

Because good luck escaping from Wonder Woman while trying to navigate the Hell maze that is Boston.
    Plus, like, it was her hotel room they went to. You can see her as Cheetah climbing out the same pent house floor later the same issue (unless she had a second hotel room with a pent house floor). So were they just gonna ditch Urzkartaga or did they have a plan to get that giant potted plant in a taxi too?

Granted, post-crisis Barbara was cuckoo-for-cocoa-puffs so who the hell knows what was going through her noggin. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    And she would have gotten away with too if weren't for that meddling lasso.
    She should have just put it on a serving saucer, lol. Than she wouldn't have had to touch it.

Plus Cheetah says she wants the lasso because of it's power...but we all know she really wants it because it's a shiny string.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-18-2021 at 01:04 PM.

Plus, like, it was her hotel room they went to. You can see her as Cheetah climbing out the same pent house floor later the same issue (unless she had a second hotel room with a pent house floor). So were they just gonna ditch Urzkartaga or did they have a plan to get that giant potted plant in a taxi too?

Granted, post-crisis Barbara was cuckoo-for-cocoa-puffs so who the hell knows what was going through her noggin. XD
    I think she said "there is no Barbara"? What did THAT mean? That she WAS the Cheetah now and Barbara was a shadow of who she used to be?

Oh also... in terms of the lasso getting used in interesting ways.... It can't a be a win button. One thing I loved was when Deva got caught in it and was like "Thanks for the lasso!" and used it to read WW's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I’ve been working on updates to these characters and continuing to have them as mortal minions of Ares, but also including Deimos, Phobos, Eris, and Harmonia as Ares’s Children. I love the idea of the Duke, Earl, and Lord and Ares’s Children having their own rivalries, relationships, and intrigues with and against one another.
    Oh nice!
    If I may Ask, what are your thoughts on that whole 'Ares Buchanan: Warmaster' thing and the whole 'Gods of Gotham' story concept?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Oh nice!
    If I may Ask, what are your thoughts on that whole 'Ares Buchanan: Warmaster' thing and the whole 'Gods of Gotham' story concept?
    I’m was down with the whole Aristotle Buchanan avatar-of-sorts (I guess), because it played with the myths of gods transforming themselves into mortal forms and messing with mortal lives - despite it being very on-the-nose that it was Ares. The true fun came when Ares didn’t realize Donna Milton was Circe in mortal drag and that they had Lyta together. Rucka had some fun with their relationship, which was great, as again the myths again and again pair gods and other gods, and demigods, and mortals together. The Circe and Ares romance and Lyta could have led to lots of interesting things for Diana, the Amazons, the gods, Ares’s children, Aphrodite, and the DCU, but I guess we’ll leave that up to other creators.

Gods of Gotham was fun and a great intro to Jimenez’s run - it’s about family in so many ways. The Wonder family, the Bat family, the Titans family, the Young Justice family, the Trinity family, and Ares’s family. Ares’s children escaping Tartarus and possession/mingling with Batvillains was fun through that same focus of family - whether loving or dysfunctional by the personality of each individual involved.

Acknowledging the Duke of Deception, Earl of Greed, and Lord Conquest alongside Deimos, Phobos, Eris, Harmonia, Eros, and Eros’s half-sibling Atlantiades just broadens and deepens the villainous or benign relationships between Diana, the Olympians, their kids, and their earthly agents in potentially interesting and dramatic ways.

30972977-8CE9-4277-8BB1-7F5DC7C1D184.jpg

Fireworks Man has earned a spot in my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee. I love reassessing and revamping these villains.

6BEED7F4-917F-47E8-B7EC-A1D2DFF9E947.jpg

Much like Jimenez’s superb take on Angle Man, I’ve found a few angles to approach Paper Man anew in my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee. And no, they don’t involve him being defeated by a stapler.

800B27BD-25B3-43E6-8872-E87BB57AC222.jpg

I enjoyed the Crimson Centipede that showed up briefly in the Steve Trevor one-shot comic, so I’ve been building on that for the character in my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee. Honestly though, where’s Formicida when you need her?

4BA29DCC-4D03-4CDB-BE01-F7EEF8CB1BC9.jpg

Glop has been a lot of fun to consider and reinterpret for the modern era of Wonder Woman... and I think I’ve cracked it’s role in the Wonderverse. Which is due to the effect of a whole other event in the DCU. Luckily Glop didn’t come alone as it arrived with some other historical, albeit updated, Wonder adversaries.

I’m was down with the whole Aristotle Buchanan avatar-of-sorts (I guess), because it played with the myths of gods transforming themselves into mortal forms and messing with mortal lives - despite it being very on-the-nose that it was Ares. The true fun came when Ares didn’t realize Donna Milton was Circe in mortal drag and that they had Lyta together. Rucka had some fun with their relationship, which was great, as again the myths again and again pair gods and other gods, and demigods, and mortals together. The Circe and Ares romance and Lyta could have led to lots of interesting things for Diana, the Amazons, the gods, Ares’s children, Aphrodite, and the DCU, but I guess we’ll leave that up to other creators.

Gods of Gotham was fun and a great intro to Jimenez’s run - it’s about family in so many ways. The Wonder family, the Bat family, the Titans family, the Young Justice family, the Trinity family, and Ares’s family. Ares’s children escaping Tartarus and possession/mingling with Batvillains was fun through that same focus of family - whether loving or dysfunctional by the personality of each individual involved.

Acknowledging the Duke of Deception, Earl of Greed, and Lord Conquest alongside Deimos, Phobos, Eris, Harmonia, Eros, and Eros’s half-sibling Atlantiades just broadens and deepens the villainous or benign relationships between Diana, the Olympians, their kids, and their earthly agents in potentially interesting and dramatic ways.
    An enjoyable start to his run imo, probably one of the few times I've enjoyed WW's world crossing over with Bat's. Didn't consider pairing off Artemis and Huntress, though I guess they occupy similar positions in their respective franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    An enjoyable start to his run imo, probably one of the few times I've enjoyed WW's world crossing over with Bat's. Didn't consider pairing off Artemis and Huntress, though I guess they occupy similar positions in their respective franchises.

Jimenez definitely had some fun balancing out the respective members of the Wonder and Bat family that were in place at that time.

4BA29DCC-4D03-4CDB-BE01-F7EEF8CB1BC9.jpg

Glop has been a lot of fun to consider and reinterpret for the modern era of Wonder Woman... and I think I’ve cracked it’s role in the Wonderverse. Which is due to the effect of a whole other event in the DCU. Luckily Glop didn’t come alone as it arrived with some other historical, albeit updated, Wonder adversaries.
    Okay now I'm curious. What are your ideas?

Jimenez definitely had some fun balancing out the respective members of the Wonder and Bat family that were in place at that time.
    Yeah, fun story and pairings though could have been improved if the Bat-office hadn’t made the edict that the story had to take place only in one building.