Page 68 of 162 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2427

Huh, interesting how someone had the idea to give Minerva's Cheetah a more, well, cheetah like design before Sharp did. And both worked with Rucka.

I remember Sharp saying it was because her curse makes her more animalistic longer she has it, but that obviously didn't keep when you look at issue #18. (Although with Infinite Frontier I guess it could be true across multiple iterations of the character/universe.)
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-17-2021 at 05:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I think a writer really needs to make it to where she has stages.

Barbara Minerva - average woman, no real mythical abilities

Barbara Cheetah - this is the Cheetah that still has human characteristics such as long hair, can still speak perfectly, is much stronger/faster

Cheetah - at her most powerful, feral. She starts to lose all sense of her humanity the longer she is full on Cheetah. If she stays in this form to long it gets harder and harder to revert back to her human form.

Apollo, First Born, and Max Lord? That list can go away forever.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Huh, interesting how someone had the idea to give Minerva's Cheetah a more, well, cheetah like design before Sharp did. And both worked with Rucka.

I remember Sharp saying it was because her curse makes her more animalistic longer she has it, but that obviously didn't keep when you look at issue #18. (Although with Infinite Frontier I guess it could be true across multiple iterations of the character/universe.)
    Seems to be an idea a lot of artists have had. DCAU Cheetah from the same time was also pretty much an upright walking Cheetah.

Though I have to say I prefer Sharp's design over what looks like Johnson would have gone with.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

Barbara Cheetah - this is the Cheetah that still has human characteristics such as long hair, can still speak perfectly, is much stronger/faster

Cheetah - at her most powerful, feral. She starts to lose all sense of her humanity the longer she is full on Cheetah. If she stays in this form to long it gets harder and harder to revert back to her human form.
    I've thought this too. Could be a work as a medium between Perez's and Rucka's versions.

BANNED

I have hardly read any Wonder Woman comic, but Dr psycho is my favorite for being funny in the Harley Quinn show.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Seems to be an idea a lot of artists have had. DCAU Cheetah from the same time was also pretty much an upright walking Cheetah.

Though I have to say I prefer Sharp's design over what looks like Johnson would have gone with.

I've thought this too. Could be a work as a medium between Perez's and Rucka's versions.

I feel like it'd be the best thing to start putting her on the same level as Lex and Joker. It'd be nice if the character was treated with some respect.

Some unused Cheetah concept designs by Drew Johnson from his time on Rucka's run and for WW'77

Top right Cheetah looks like she’s posing for Vogue’s Spring Villainess Sportswear issue.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Top right Cheetah looks like she’s posing for Vogue’s Spring Villainess Sportswear issue.
    It fits with the aesthetic the run gave for the redesigns for Ares and Circe, so I can see what it was going for.

Yes, I like Sharps half Cheetah face more than a full on Cheetah head. Cheetah's have small flat heads, so it doesn't quite work if you have a complete Cheetah head sitting on a human body.

Also, with Sharp, he actually had her face change to become more animal like the angrier she got, which I though was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

As cool as that concept is, and one I completely agree with, DC would never remember that. They can't even remember she's a Demi-goddess.

But they have gotten better after Rebirth. So I do think Sharp's design helped, since even John's having her take on the entire League solo wasn't enough. But I haven't seen any terrible Cheetah jobbing the past 5 years, so fingers crossed it stays that way.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-18-2021 at 03:00 AM.

I really like the original set of Mars/Ares and his minions. The Duke of Deception, the Earl of Greed, and the Lord of Conquest.

They were presented as these embodiment's of forces which Mars/Ares used to further the cause of war and rule those he had conquered. This was the god of war with a space empire who had consumed the planet Mars in war and enslaved the astral selves of the planets inhabitants. Who had minions furthering his cause of war and traveling to other worlds to collect the souls who perished in war to break them, turning them into more astral slaves to further his conquest.

You had the Lord of Conquest. A symbol for colonialism and the desire to take and subjugate the survivors to ones will. The very embodiment of imperial drive and the belief that everyone will learn to love being under the heel of their conquerors where they belong. As slaves to his will.

You have the Earl of Greed. The very want for more and desire for what one cannot possibly have. He is the voice whispering in ones ear to take what you want no matter the cost. Hes the one encouraging the wealthy to hoard their wealth and commit unspeakable atrocities without a care so long as you can get what you want. In a world where people unironically declare Greed is Good, the Earl of Greed is a powerful force for evil.

And then you have the Duke of Deception. The embodiment of falsehoods. Propaganda. The very concept of lies. A villain who in many ways could be considered Wonder Womans polar opposite. One who would go on to topple war from its throne and rule in an era of false peace and suspicion of the unknown. If Wonder Woman could be considered the embodiment of truth, then the Duke of Deception is her polar opposite. One who would attack and destroy not through a frontal attack. But through deciet and concentrated effort to turn allies into enemies. Destroying any good will people might have with his falsehoods. Conquering people not through force. But by convincing them that the truth is little more than fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    I really like the original set of Mars/Ares and his minions. The Duke of Deception, the Earl of Greed, and the Lord of Conquest.

They were presented as these embodiment's of forces which Mars/Ares used to further the cause of war and rule those he had conquered. This was the god of war with a space empire who had consumed the planet Mars in war and enslaved the astral selves of the planets inhabitants. Who had minions furthering his cause of war and traveling to other worlds to collect the souls who perished in war to break them, turning them into more astral slaves to further his conquest.

You had the Lord of Conquest. A symbol for colonialism and the desire to take and subjugate the survivors to ones will. The very embodiment of imperial drive and the belief that everyone will learn to love being under the heel of their conquerors where they belong. As slaves to his will.

You have the Earl of Greed. The very want for more and desire for what one cannot possibly have. He is the voice whispering in ones ear to take what you want no matter the cost. Hes the one encouraging the wealthy to hoard their wealth and commit unspeakable atrocities without a care so long as you can get what you want. In a world where people unironically declare Greed is Good, the Earl of Greed is a powerful force for evil.

And then you have the Duke of Deception. The embodiment of falsehoods. Propaganda. The very concept of lies. A villain who in many ways could be considered Wonder Womans polar opposite. One who would go on to topple war from its throne and rule in an era of false peace and suspicion of the unknown. If Wonder Woman could be considered the embodiment of truth, then the Duke of Deception is her polar opposite. One who would attack and destroy not through a frontal attack. But through deciet and concentrated effort to turn allies into enemies. Destroying any good will people might have with his falsehoods. Conquering people not through force. But by convincing them that the truth is little more than fake news.
    I’ve been working on updates to these characters and continuing to have them as mortal minions of Ares, but also including Deimos, Phobos, Eris, and Harmonia as Ares’s Children. I love the idea of the Duke, Earl, and Lord and Ares’s Children having their own rivalries, relationships, and intrigues with and against one another.

Barbara's plan of stealing the lasso by basically saying "hey, can I see that?" was pretty funny.