Page 66 of 162 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Poison was ROBBED... I felt that she was actually the most interesting villain in that film. I'm also surprised how her look and raspy whisper like voice hasn't really carried over into comics...well maybe I understand how her voice didn't carry over into comics... Oh well, at least she survived in the film in comparison to her male villain counterparts.
    I SO wanted the mask to be incorporated into Poison's comic look. The mask is just so striking yet terrifying. However, I also like the caduceus birthmark they have Colonel/Dr. Poison. I can understand why they wouldn't want to incorporate both.

I would love for Dr. Poison to get another storyline where she is the main villain.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I SO wanted the mask to be incorporated into Poison's comic look. The mask is just so striking yet terrifying. However, I also like the caduceus birthmark they have Colonel/Dr. Poison. I can understand why they wouldn't want to incorporate both.

I would love for Dr. Poison to get another storyline where she is the main villain.
    Yeah, with both there'd be too much going on with her face. It's funny as the original disguised design has something going on with both the eyes and mouth (domino mask and odd smile).

In the movie she REALLY seemed into her work. I was hoping that Ludendorff was a pawn...well he was...but he wasn't simply Poison's muscle as I would hope.

Well, first of all, she’s working in a lab. She needs some protection. Same as she wears protection with her boots and gear. But also, she doesn’t want to be seen. She’s like a shade, always in the background. She works day and night in her lab. She’s only trying to erase what happened to her face so she won’t get much attention. She needed to know how deep the gas would go. Okay, she got that, now she needs to keep working. She has no time to give explanations to anyone about what happened. She just doesn’t like to be looked at. She doesn’t like to be the center of any conversation. She works alone. She has hundreds of people building bombs outside of her lab, but the only person authorized to get inside is Ludendorff.

She’s obsessive. She’s a maniac. And she doesn’t care about her face. It’s not important to her. She just doesn’t want attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    She was supposed to show up in JL 2 as part of the Legion of Doom. She had found a way to prolong her life and wanted revenge on Diana for stopping her plans, so she didn't die for a reason.
    Too bad that won't see the light of day due to the failings of Diana's trinity counterparts. Though I do think they could use her part in the Legion of Doom for Villainy Inc... The only issue with that is trying to establish more of Diana's non mythical baddies who would join such an organization.

Too bad that won't see the light of day due to the failings of Diana's trinity counterparts. Though I do think they could use her part in the Legion of Doom for Villainy Inc... The only issue with that is trying to establish more of Diana's non mythical baddies who would join such an organization.
    Honestly, shouldn't be too hard. They could re-include Dr. Poison and Cheetah, saving time on origin stores and long intro's, add Giganta as a simple baddie-for-higher who might have a grudge against Diana for stopping her once or twice before (maybe feature her in a cold opening), and throw in a more complex villainesses (whoever you wanna flesh out) and you got Villainy Inc.

I think 4 members is a good number because it would get too crowded after that for a movie.

Incredible Member

Honestly, shouldn't be too hard. They could re-include Dr. Poison and Cheetah, saving time or origin stores and long inrto's, add Giganta as a simple baddie-for-higher who might have a grudge against Diana for stopping her once or twice before (maybe feature her in a cold opening), and throw in a more complex villain (whoever you wanna flesh out) and you got Villainy Inc.

I think 4 members is a good number because it would get too crowded after that for a movie.
    Circe is my initial thought, but if we're doing a 4th Wonder Woman movie. Dr. Cyber and Dr. Poison can be co-leads with Cheetah and Giganta as muscle like the Bloodlines film. Seems like a great team up and Dr. Cyber is the only one who'd need an origin - if Giganta is just hired muscle no need for a backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Circe is my initial thought, but if we're doing a 4th Wonder Woman movie. Dr. Cyber and Dr. Poison can be co-leads with Cheetah and Giganta as muscle like the Bloodlines film. Seems like a great team up and Dr. Cyber is the only one who'd need an origin - if Giganta is just hired muscle no need for a backstory.
    Wonder Woman fighting a techno villain is always a cool premise.

Unrelated side-tangent though, Cheetah in Bloodlines made no sense. She was there to stop Wonder Woman, but why? Kale needed Diana to go into the ruins to find Themyscira, did Cheetah just go rouge after getting her steroids? Just made no sense, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    IDC how cheesy that scene is, I love it every time I watch the movie.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-15-2021 at 01:29 PM.

Unrelated side-tangent though, Cheetah in Bloodlines made no sense. She was there to stop Wonder Woman, but why? Kale needed Diana to go into the ruins to find Themyscira, did Cheetah just go rouge after getting her steroids? Just made no sense, lol.
    A lot of that movie didn't make sense. I rewatched it recently and ended up disliking it a lot more than when I first watched it.

Poison was ROBBED... I felt that she was actually the most interesting villain in that film. I'm also surprised how her look and raspy whisper like voice hasn't really carried over into comics...well maybe I understand how her voice didn't carry over into comics... Oh well, at least she survived in the film in comparison to her male villain counterparts.
    She kind of had a voice like that in Bloodlines.

IDK how cheesy that scene is, I love it every time I watch the movie.
    Same, only thing missing was Ludendorff needing a moustache to twirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    A lot of that movie didn't make sense. I rewatched it recently and ended up disliking it a lot more than when I first watched it.
    I thought the best part about that movie was Diana herself. I thought her character had improved from the previous movies. Also the action was good.

The only villain to have any depth was Silver Swan, which is fine because if you're going to have 7 villains in less than 90 minutes most of them are going to have to be flat characters. But yeah, that movie was defiantly trying to fit a lot in.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-15-2021 at 01:31 PM.

I thought the best part about that movie was Diana herself. I thought her character had improved from the previous movies. Also the action was good.

The only villain to have any depth was Silver Swan, which is fine because if you're going to have 7 villains in less than 90 minutes most of them are going to have to be flat characters. But yeah, that movie was defiantly trying to fit a lot in.
    Yeah, said it elsewhere but reminded me a lot of what Hush is for Batman in that it tried to be a "Wonder Woman: Greatest Hits" story by trying to cram in a lot of big WW moments into a single story.

Mighty Member

Honestly, shouldn't be too hard. They could re-include Dr. Poison and Cheetah, saving time on origin stores and long intro's, add Giganta as a simple baddie-for-higher who might have a grudge against Diana for stopping her once or twice before (maybe feature her in a cold opening), and throw in a more complex villainesses (whoever you wanna flesh out) and you got Villainy Inc.

Yeah agreed. I would also say that if writers realize that not all villains need to be on the field at the same time it helps as well. While someone like Giganta would ALWAYS be on the field (She's the muscle for when things like negotiations and stuff get rough), someone like Poison would be on base 9 times out of 10. The only issue I could see is making sure the villains who DON'T need to get in a physical spat with Diana still has a major presence. (i.e. Remember how Tinkerer was in the MCU Spider-Man Homecoming? No? Me neither)

Yeah agreed. I would also say that if writers realize that not all villains need to be on the field at the same time it helps as well. While someone like Giganta would ALWAYS be on the field (She's the muscle for when things like negotiations and stuff get rough), someone like Poison would be on base 9 times out of 10. The only issue I could see is making sure the villains who DON'T need to get in a physical spat with Diana still has a major presence. (i.e. Remember how Tinkerer was in the MCU Spider-Man Homecoming? No? Me neither)
    You could do that by giving Poison and Giganta a connection. I know a lot of people would want Cyber and Poison to have the connection but Giganta would make more sense considering how she buffed Ludendorff in the first movie.

You could also make Poison the middle-man of sorts since she would be the only one to need outside help in a physically fight against Wonder Woman. I would avoid having any one of them be the true leader but I think Poison assembling the team would make sense, since she would be the oldest, and again, would need help with Diana in a physical fight. WW84 Cheetah didn't really strike me as the kind of person who would form a whole team or even think about partnering up with someone to fight Diana, because why would she need to. But if given the offer she might consider.

You could do that by giving Poison and Giganta a connection. I know a lot of people would want Cyber and Poison to have the connection but Giganta would make more sense considering how she buffed Ludendorff in the first movie.

You could also make Poison the middle-man of sorts since she would be the only one to need outside help in a physically fight against Wonder Woman. I would avoid having any one of them be the true leader but I think Poison assembling the team would make sense, since she would be the oldest, and again, would need help with Diana in a physical fight. WW84 Cheetah didn't really strike me as the kind of person who would form a whole team or even think about partnering up with someone to fight Diana, because why would she need to. But if given the offer she might consider.
    Cheetah is usually in villain teams not as a full partner, but as someone who cut some sort of deal with the other bad guys. IE they have something she wants.

If Giganta's in a team like that it'd be a neat plot twist if they don't introduce her as Doris Zuel. Maybe mention Doris Zuel exists in some way, but set it up so Diana doesn't know they're the same person. Then have a revea (some time after WW has fought Giganta at least once) that Giganta is the alter-ego of Dr. Zuel. Heh, maybe have WW try to attack Poison and Zuel while they're working, then have WW get a shock as Zuel tosses her lab coat to the floor and "Hulks out".