Page 144 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2427
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

From Mikel Janin via Twitter:

Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Looks like a call-back to Rucka and Johns' WW/Flash team up.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post

Wow! This looks like a Wonder Woman/Giganta fight that's actually worth seeing. Super excited for it, and I like Giganta's design, except for the hair.

It turns out that this was actually done by one of Mikel's friends who goes by zayasartist.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

It is nice seeing her require two heroes to beat her, but I still want to see a story utilize her in a way that isn't just a three page fight.

Thank you for bringing back some villains that have been sitting in limbo for too long. So often with Wonder Woman, creators tend to just introduce new villains or rely on threats from Greek myth, both of which have becoming rather boring IMO. There are so many WW villains with potential that are just itching to be modernize and expanded upon. Well done, Kurt!
    Thanks for the kind words, folks.

New villains are indeed cool, but I think WW has a lot of potential in her rogues gallery. The recurring villains get revamped and updated over time, so they almost always feel "current." The older, forgotten villains often get left in the past because they feel dated, but if they got the kind of modernizing that the recurring villains do, they wouldn't need to feel that way at all.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post

New villains are indeed cool, but I think WW has a lot of potential in her rogues gallery. The recurring villains get revamped and updated over time, so they almost always feel "current." The older, forgotten villains often get left in the past because they feel dated, but if they got the kind of modernizing that the recurring villains do, they wouldn't need to feel that way at all.

kdb

You nailed it IMO. Some villains get used every 2 to 5 years while others go unused for decades which makes them seem irrelevant. Some Wonder-rogues that could use some modernizing include Queen Clea, Osira, Zara, Kung, Minister Blizzard, and Sharkeeta. I love what you did with the Human Firework and Mouse Man. You turned the Human Firework into a powerhouse able to go toe to toe with Diana which is a nice change as usually she only gets a real physical challenge from her villains with super-strength based powers.

kdb
    WOW
    That is so refreshing to see: a master storyteller comic book pro singing the praises of WW's classic villains? Thanks, Mr. Busiek!!! DC, please give this man a regular gig as a WW writer!!!

kdb
    One thing I've noticed is that, while there are several characters that get reused a lot... many time writers will make up a new character.... and use them to do the same thing as an old character. which is probably why so many of them get dumped. Later writers aren't going to use both.

The Rebirth design for Venessa’s Silver Swan is my favorite, but I also kinda dig the Johnson design.

Maybe it’s because I like horror movies and I find the way the razor blades are imbedded into her fingertips to be disturbing.

~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Yeah, I wished we saw some body horror elements in her current design, which they kind of went with in Bloodlines.

Just sucks that's Vanessa's role now in current WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, I wished we saw some body horror elements in her current design, which they kind of went with in Bloodlines.

Just sucks that's Vanessa's role now in current WW.
    The real tragedy of Venessas character is that she was created for young girls to relate too, but her legacy is now being a supervillain and the most popular version of Silver Swan.

She’s almost the Jason Todd of the Wonder Family.

One of the things I like about Perez's run is the redemption of Valerie, in War of the Gods she becomes a heroine or at least she tries. I think they could take that reference and create an arc with Psycho and Vanessa where she finally gets rid of that curse. They owe us that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    One of the things I like about Perez's run is the redemption of Valerie, in War of the Gods she becomes a heroine or at least she tries. I think they could take that reference and create an arc with Psycho and Vanessa where she finally gets rid of that curse. They owe us that.
    Yeah, Rucka did a good job with concluding Venessa’s villainy arc in his first run.

Everything Rebirth has done with Venessa has just felt like them trying to emulate Post-Crisis and was kinda “meh”. Even the concussion, which was done in the #750 issue, felt like Rucka’s arc on fast forward. Plus Diana never found out Psycho was behind the whole thing which annoys me, lol.

So her arc feels over but not over.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    The real tragedy of Venessas character is that she was created for young girls to relate too, but her legacy is now being a supervillain and the most popular version of Silver Swan.

She’s almost the Jason Todd of the Wonder Family.
    I think actually Artemis would closer to a "Jason Todd" of the the Wonder Woman family.

But yeah, seems whenever the Swan pops up it's Vanessa so I think that's who DC settled on.