Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
I think part of it is that dressing in skimpy outfits is considered normal now, and thus not something people feel the need to fight for the ability to do. It's a weird thing but yeah... cultural approaches to im-modest attire changed from "you can't do that" to "don't dress like a slut". The first one people felt the need to rebel against in fiction... the second.... not so much. It's no longer hip or trendy to push the boundaries of what's acceptable... so they don't.
Or make the cybernetics more sleek and less like prosthetics, and more integrated?
I think the cybernetic bases should be covered with Dr. Cyber and maybe Cyborgirl. What made Helen Alexandros so compelling is she was an "ugly" duckling that was turned into a beautiful swan. She reveled in her new persona, wanted revenge on mankind which she felt had rejected her and was willing to do whatever it took to hold onto her new status. That's immensely relatable, understandable and to a degree sympathetic. All that has been lost in favor of duplicating Barbara Ann's scorned best friend angle with increasingly diminishing results.

As for the slut shaming and changing cultural attitudes someone needs to inform the people on Tic Tok, Instagram and freak Twitter where showing skin is still alive and well. I'm not saying Silver Swan should commit crimes in a negligee like a comic book version of a Victoria's Secret angel. She could get a new costume and retain her original motivation. Though as a bad girl she really doesn’t have to cover up, Amora the Enchantress, Emma Frost and the Goblin Queen Madelyne Pryor haven’t lost their popularity due to being scantily clad. Sex will always sell.