Page 141 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2325
  1. #2101
    Fishy Member I'm a Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    3,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    If I didn't know she was the villain, I would have an entirely different interpretation of those last 3 panels.
    Well Diana didn’t know she was the villain, sooooooo.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

  2. #2102
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Occupied Klendathu
    Posts
    8,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    If I didn't know she was the villain, I would have an entirely different interpretation of those last 3 panels.
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Well Diana didn’t know she was the villain, sooooooo.



  3. #2103
    Fishy Member I'm a Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    3,151

    Default

    ^ ^ ^

    And from then on, Cale became sexually confused and vowed revenge! Or a second date with Diana, whichever came first.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

  4. #2104
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    ^ ^ ^

    And from then on, Cale became sexually confused and vowed revenge! Or a second date with Diana, whichever came first.
    I never really thought about it, but did they ever establish her as queer or is it just implied? If I recall, the date was treated like a charity thing Cale bid on more than a romantic interest, but it's been a while since I read the issue.
    May we never forget:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

  5. #2105
    Fishy Member I'm a Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    3,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I never really thought about it, but did they ever establish her as queer or is it just implied? If I recall, the date was treated like a charity thing Cale bid on more than a romantic interest, but it's been a while since I read the issue.
    No, Cale has never been confirmed as queer. During either of Rucka's runs or otherwise. Though, from what I've read of Rucka's work, I don't think he's ever been one to completely box his character in when it comes to that sort of thing.

    And yeah, the date was a charity that Cale won and used the date as a front to get close to Diana so she could steal some data.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 10-20-2021 at 05:14 PM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

  6. #2106
    Moderator Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post


    God I really didn't like that art for the story.

  7. #2107
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Occupied Klendathu
    Posts
    8,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I never really thought about it, but did they ever establish her as queer or is it just implied? If I recall, the date was treated like a charity thing Cale bid on more than a romantic interest, but it's been a while since I read the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    No, Cale has never been confirmed as queer. During either of Rucka's runs or otherwise. Though, from what I've read of Rucka's work, I don't think he's ever been one to completely box his character in when it comes to that sort of thing.

    And yeah, the date was a charity that Cale won and used the date as a front to get close to Diana so she could steal some data.
    The "date" with Diana and her interactions with Adriana definitely made me think something's implied, at least when in comparison to her in his first run. Though in both versions I definitely get the sense Cale doesn't have much use for men either way, we never learn who Izzie's father was and I could buy Cale having some sort of artificial insemination.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    God I really didn't like that art for the story.
    It wasn't my favorite but I liked it more than other fill-in art (the issue that introduced Poison).

  8. #2108
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    God I really didn't like that art for the story.
    Huh. I very much enjoyed the art. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.
    May we never forget:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

  9. #2109
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,859

    Default

    I view Veronica as straight in the first run, IDK why. The second one is a little more up for debate, as some of her interactions with Diana and Adrianna make things murky.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    God I really didn't like that art for the story.
    I think it'd be serviceable as part of something else, but yeah it does interrupt the flow of the arc without Evely. It always seems like the most skippable chapter because of this.

  10. #2110
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I view Veronica as straight in the first run, IDK why. The second one is a little more up for debate, as some of her interactions with Diana and Adrianna make things murky.
    More or less my thoughts as well.
    May we never forget:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

  11. #2111
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Occupied Klendathu
    Posts
    8,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I view Veronica as straight in the first run, IDK why. The second one is a little more up for debate, as some of her interactions with Diana and Adrianna make things murky.
    Probably because she was banging that Senator, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think it'd be serviceable as part of something else, but yeah it does interrupt the flow of the arc without Evely. It always seems like the most skippable chapter because of this.
    Huh, actually thought that issue was one of the more “fun” ones with stuff like Lex and Bruce competing at the auction.

  12. #2112
    Mighty Member Psy-lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    I'm pretty sure Rucka writes all of his female characters as queer

  13. #2113
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I'm pretty sure Rucka writes all of his female characters as queer
    As far as I'm aware, he writes Lois as Clarksexual. lol

    But yeah, by and large, he likes to write queer women.
    May we never forget:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

  14. #2114
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I'm pretty sure Rucka writes all of his female characters as queer
    100 % this.

  15. #2115
    Fishy Member I'm a Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    3,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I'm pretty sure Rucka writes all of his female characters as queer
    I noticed after he wrote Kate Kane this became true, lol.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •