Page 33 of 162 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Mighty Member

Are we desperate enough to have minor Wonder Woman rogues in a movie like The Suicide Squad? I mean Mr. Polka Dot/Polka Dot Man is making a Silver Screen appearance...(Never thought he'd get in a movie before the likes of Circe, but here we are) Who do we got that can be thrown in that role?

We've had discussions about this before. I think Giganta is a visually distinctive character who could stand out if put in the Suicide Squad, to the point where she could become a permanent replacement to King Shark and Killer Croc as the muscle, since a giant cavewoman is such a funny way of replacing those two. And her personality could be developed in a charismatic way to hit off Captain Boomerang, Harley Quinn, etc. She could gather some legitimate followers off of that title.

Ans it's not like any writer on Wonder Woman is gonna write a great Giganta story as a villain in the following years. At most they will turn her into a sympathetic and redeemed character. Putting on the Suicide Squad allows her to bend the line one way ans opens the door for her to get popular enough to then be used in Wonder Woman as a serious villain.

Suicide Squad can have Egg Fu or Max Lord as the obligatory person killed off instantly to establish “The Stakes are High”.
    Last edited by Gaius; 02-04-2021 at 12:06 PM.

I feel like Angle Man or Giganta would work well in a Suicide Squad movie.

Angle Man more-so because I feel like Giganta might be too mainstream. Suicide Squad works best when it's a bunch of nobody C-listers, with the exception of Harley Quinn, who's a somebody C-lister.

Giganta I think is too big (hurhur) for Suicide Squad, and too powerful. I mean how can a woman who can lift skyscrapers be on the same team as Harley Quinn, Deadshot, or Captain Boomerang?

Angle Man is a good choice. Others I'd add to the pool: Hypnota, Warmaster, Minister Blizzard, Kung, the Mask, Mouse Man, Mayfly, Liar Liar, Tigra Tropica, Aegeus, and Cat Eye. I'd add Blue Snowman but I couldn't stomach mah gurl getting off'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Most likely never. There's some hope for Clea, but Eviless is just too goofy of a character and she doesn't really fit in the DCU.
    Wasn’t Eviless (dumb name for sure) recently repurposed as Saturna for that Steve Trevor one shot? If I remember correctly, she could reanimate the dead and was searching for some fountain of eternal youth? I thought there was some potential there, but she just disappeared after that...

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    Wasn’t Eviless (dumb name for sure) recently repurposed as Saturna for that Steve Trevor one shot? If I remember correctly, she could reanimate the dead and was searching for some fountain of eternal youth? I thought there was some potential there, but she just disappeared after that...
    Yup, and she was leader of the Crimson Men which I believe was established before that story. Hopefully someone will bring her back in the near future, though I don't care what anyone says - keep the name Eviless. It's no sillier than Sinestro, Dr. Doom, or Mr. Sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Giganta I think is too big (hurhur) for Suicide Squad, and too powerful. I mean how can a woman who can lift skyscrapers be on the same team as Harley Quinn, Deadshot, or Captain Boomerang?

Angle Man is a good choice. Others I'd add to the pool: Hypnota, Warmaster, Minister Blizzard, Kung, the Mask, Mouse Man, Mayfly, Liar Liar, Tigra Tropica, Aegeus, and Cat Eye. I'd add Blue Snowman but I couldn't stomach mah gurl getting off'd.
    Given I think Orlando made Aegeus an arms dealer in magical weapons, that actually wouldn't be a bad fit for something like the Suicide Squad.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Please, please NO to Giganta or Angle Man on any Suicide Squad film. YOU KNOW that the WW villains will be the designated cannon fodder to prove to the audience and the other Suicide Squaders that Amanda Waller is not playing. No, thanks!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Please, please NO to Giganta or Angle Man on any Suicide Squad film. YOU KNOW that the WW villains will be the designated cannon fodder to prove to the audience and the other Suicide Squaders that Amanda Waller is not playing. No, thanks!
    Hmm...I wonder if that is more dignified than playing backup dancer to Harley Quinn...Have any of the characters from Suicide Squad or Birds of Prey become more popular since the Harley featuring [insert team here] movies? So the question changes to "is it worth it?" Kind of like how we would rather Cheetah not appear at all than to show up just to get punked by the Bat crew.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    How do we know this? Hypnotic Woman and Cheetah are currently in two different teams of the Future State Squad. Neither is dead; Giganta has also been a part of the Squad before. If Suicide Squad is going to continue to be a huge franchise for WB/DC, then I want some Wonder Woman representation.

I remember the Saturna revamp, and I didn't much care for the design or the story. Eviless has been gone for so long that a creative writer can revamp her any way he/she/they like. Also, keep the name. It's unique, and it's hardly the worse name I've heard in superhero comics.

Mighty Member

Regarding the DCAU creating expy villains, could Volcana from Superman the Animated Series have been Zara? (Especially since she basically became a fodder villain after her first episode)...They had no problem using Green Arrow villain Count Vertigo for a Batman episode.