Page 113 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2427

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I hate that in the description there is not a single reference to Wonder Woman, I mean that she is HER enemy.
    Yeah, I didn't need her to fight Wonder Woman in the story but a reference in the bio would have been sufficient.

In fairness, I don't recall Giganta being portrayed as a villain specific to Wonder woman in Super-Friends which that story is an obvious "grown up" version of. So it's taking cues from that.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I also think he didn't want to write the "Wonder Woman's Twin Brother" story.

Since he was selling well, DC probably would have let him procrastinate for a while longer but I doubt he wanted to touch that with a 10 foot poll. He was already skirting around Daddy Zeus as much as possible, lol.
    Oh, man. We need to have Rucka come back for at least one issue to nuke that plot point like he did all of New 52.

I also think he didn't want to write the "Wonder Woman's Twin Brother" story.

Since he was selling well, DC probably would have let him procrastinate for a while longer but I doubt he wanted to touch that with a 10 foot poll. He was already skirting around Daddy Zeus as much as possible, lol.
    I’m sure the very concept of Jason made him ill lmao. He was not happy with how Diana was handled during the New 52, and Diana having a brother was a stupid carryover from that era that editorial wasn’t willing to drop because of how well Johns JL sold.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, I didn't need her to fight Wonder Woman in the story but a reference in the bio would have been sufficient.

In fairness, I don't recall Giganta being portrayed as a villain specific to Wonder woman in Super-Friends which that story is an obvious "grown up" version of. So it's taking cues from that.
    Yeah, most of the heroes had a villain counterpart. Giganta, got used as the villain to oppose apache Chief, and even had a modified origin that was tied to his. They were literally powered by the same form of magic... and thus had identical powers.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, most of the heroes had a villain counterpart. Giganta, got used as the villain to oppose apache Chief, and even had a modified origin that was tied to his. They were literally powered by the same form of magic... and thus had identical powers.
    Yes, after all, didn't Giganta steal Apache Chief's (magic) pouch?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

She is one nose piercing away from, “It’S nOT A pHAsE MoM!”
    We're getting to that point where moms will most likely be able to produce hi-def pictures of them rocking the same style and reply "oh honey, it is."

I'm ready for it.
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I think the best Giganta origin is her Superfriends one but it makes her out to be more of an enemy of Apache Chief than Diana and it mirrors too closely with how Barbara Minerva got her powers. Likewise I think Ross's take, while great design wise, ties her too closely with the Atom and Flash through Gorilla City and Grodd.

I like the 'hyper evolved Gorilla' aspect but I also like the scientist aspect of the character as well. My suggestion would be that she was a gorilla but was hyper evolved or grown from a test tube using gorilla tissue samples into a human woman. Said human woman becomes a scientist but she still retains certain some of her gorilla like primitive instincts which leads her to a life of crime. In the end she decides she likes being a villain but is not opposed to helping Diana out every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I think the best Giganta origin is her Superfriends one but it makes her out to be more of an enemy of Apache Chief than Diana and it mirrors too closely with how Barbara Minerva got her powers. Likewise I think Ross's take, while great design wise, ties her too closely with the Atom and Flash through Gorilla City and Grodd.

I like the 'hyper evolved Gorilla' aspect but I also like the scientist aspect of the character as well. My suggestion would be that she was a gorilla but was hyper evolved or grown from a test tube using gorilla tissue samples into a human woman. Said human woman becomes a scientist but she still retains certain some of her gorilla like primitive instincts which leads her to a life of crime. In the end she decides she likes being a villain but is not opposed to helping Diana out every now and then.
    My problem with that is that having her START as a gorilla makes her identity as "Doris Zuel"... less important. Unless you're going to go with her having a time period of over a decade trying to live as an ordinary Human...

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Wonder Woman and Giganta did face off in the 11 minute short episode of the Super Friends titled Two Gleeks Are Deadlier Than One.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I remember the profile for Giganta from my childhood Superfriends DVDs listed both Apache Chief AND Wonder Woman as her archenemies, so.... heyyy that's something!

Pitch art for Dr. Poison for Eric Luke's run, by Matthew Clark.

Such a shame that nobody took serious advantage of that Dr Poison revamp. Jimenez at least used the design but there was so much potential with the demented scientist that used the blood of the gods for her horrific creations.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Such a shame that nobody took serious advantage of that Dr Poison revamp. Jimenez at least used the design but there was so much potential with the demented scientist that used the blood of the gods for her horrific creations.

Right? I feel like so many writers have skipped over her or used her in only cameo form, overlooking the vast potential that she has. I'm glad they chose the design on the right. The one on the left is way too 90s dated.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    hmmm not a fan of that look for Circe, but I love the characterization.
    I actually do not completely dislike that look, but I just wish that her revamped costume had been dark green and her hair had been purplish instead of red.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I actually do not completely dislike that look, but I just wish that her revamped costume had been dark green and her hair had been purplish instead of red.
    Hmmm sure. green dress, purple hair, and less pale skin, that'd work yeah.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Purple hair on Circe is a must.
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.