Page 112 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1978
  1. #1666
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Circe is the kind of villain who will seek world domination one day and poof out of nowhere just to spit in Diana’s coffee the next.
    That's why she's the best one.

    Her and Giganta.








    What?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    And if the gorilla origin is too "goofy" for some folks, I'm fine with Giganta simply being a mercenary who can grow, maybe even given the powers by Veronica Cale or something. I don't think every supervillain has to have some grandiose origin story. She can just be a big bitch who wants money.
    Big time this. I liked her in the All-New Atom just being kind of a weirdo professor who gets real big and robs banks. I don't need her to be particularly deep. Not every villain need make you weep at their great tragedy.

    Sometimes the world needs some big bitch who wants money.
    May we never forget:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

  2. #1667
    Moderator Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    And top it off with the horrifying body transformation she has when she gets bigger, lol.

    Absolutely! This is exactly how Giganta's powers need to work if she makes it to the big screen.

  3. #1668
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    And if the gorilla origin is too "goofy" for some folks, I'm fine with Giganta simply being a mercenary who can grow, maybe even given the powers by Veronica Cale or something. I don't think every supervillain has to have some grandiose origin story. She can just be a big bitch who wants money.
    She really should have been part of Godwatch in Rucka's run, as the field supervillain instead of Dr. Poison. Maru should stay in a lab.

    Though maybe Rucka would have gotten to her eventually if he stuck around. Despite the overall "meh" execution of Maru, I would have liked to see him use more classic Villainy Inc members. Particularly Giganta and Clea.

  4. #1669
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, I think a more obvious comparison would be what Perez was going for in his run where they're both superpowered, god-like, women with ties to Greek myth. Circe even has her own little island domain in contrast to Themyscira initially.
    In some ways... Circe is more like an arch-enemy for Hippolyta than WW in that regard. Leader of Themiscryra, vs leader of Aeaea... Which is why I wish the writers would do more with the people of Aeaea.

  5. #1670
    Fishy Member I'm a Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    2,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    In some ways... Circe is more like an arch-enemy for Hippolyta than WW in that regard. Leader of Themiscryra, vs leader of Aeaea... Which is why I wish the writers would do more with the people of Aeaea.
    In Circe's first ever appearance of DC comics, it was basically that Hippolyta and the Amazon's banished Circe to another planet because she was too mischievous and wouldn't stop.

    Wonder Woman found her later and took her back to Paradis Island for rehabilitation since it was clear prolonged isolation only made Circe worse and not better (like it does to real people ). So I can see that Circe having much more beef with Hippolyta than Diana.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

  6. #1671
    Astonishing Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,588

    Default

    Cruelty, not mischief. If Hippolyta has a problem mischief then Diana would be on another planet too.


  7. #1672
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    5,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    And top it off with the horrifying body transformation she has when she gets bigger, lol.


    This origin and appearance are perfect for Giganta. Grodd can't be the only gorilla from Gorilla City that's evil. Maybe after she leaves Gorilla City and becomes human, she can still meet up with Apache Chief and get ahold of the magic Indian growth powder that gives her powers.
    Currently/Soon Reading: Black Manta, Blue & Gold, Infinite Frontier, Justice League/Justice League Dark, Justice League Infinity, Nubia & the Amazons, & Wonder Woman.

  8. #1673
    Mighty Member Primal Slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    I feel weird about Giganta being a former gorilla. Just like Grodd cant be the only evil Gorilla....Gig cant be the only Gorilla turned human? At least for a movie/tv adaption I feel it wouldnt work that well.

    I like to connect things to a degree so Id say if she is given the Gorilla origin in comics again...have her seek out Circe and it's a Little Mermaid/Ursula type deal.

  9. #1674
    Spectacular Member Sebastianne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    243

    Default

    I hate that in the description there is not a single reference to Wonder Woman, I mean that she is HER enemy.

  10. #1675
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I feel weird about Giganta being a former gorilla. Just like Grodd cant be the only evil Gorilla....Gig cant be the only Gorilla turned human? At least for a movie/tv adaption I feel it wouldnt work that well.

    I like to connect things to a degree so Id say if she is given the Gorilla origin in comics again...have her seek out Circe and it's a Little Mermaid/Ursula type deal.
    Yeah if I was to write a Giganta origin, I'd start with: Doris Zuel was a terminally ill scientist trying to cure her own illness. How? well.... weird genetic experiments... things normal people wouldn't even think of.... Then she eventually gets a tiny sample of DNA from one of the Titans of Myth, and tries to infuse herself with it, but realizes her dying body can't handle it and that she has to create a new body for herself, and swap her mind into it. And the only one available is a gorilla.... sooo....

    It's something that would work nicely in a movie since you could simply compress it to "scientist did weird experiments on herself."

  11. #1676
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    7,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    She really should have been part of Godwatch in Rucka's run, as the field supervillain instead of Dr. Poison. Maru should stay in a lab.

    Though maybe Rucka would have gotten to her eventually if he stuck around. Despite the overall "meh" execution of Maru, I would have liked to see him use more classic Villainy Inc members. Particularly Giganta and Clea.
    I think he did have plans to continue his run longer but he couldn't keep up with the double-shipping. Don't think he'd have done something with Clea but Giganta would have been nice as she's one of the few notable rogues he's never done his own spin on between either of his runs (Ares, Deimos/Phobos, Circe, Poison, Cheetah, Dr. Psycho, Dr. Cyber).

    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    In some ways... Circe is more like an arch-enemy for Hippolyta than WW in that regard. Leader of Themiscryra, vs leader of Aeaea... Which is why I wish the writers would do more with the people of Aeaea.
    Well like others said there has been stuff that's given Hippolyta and Circe some history. There's that first appearance but DCAU also had Circe going after Diana because of her past history with Hippolyta. Even New 52 did when Circe popped up in the Superman/Wonder Woman


  12. #1677
    Spectacular Member Sebastianne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    243

    Default

    I remember some stories from Vol. 1 that I really enjoyed:
    The one against Nikos Aegeus, Skeletor Wonder Woman (Artemis) and Circe pulling the strings.
    And the other numbers 288-290 against Silver Swan and Psycho (Cap. Wonder).

  13. #1678
    Fishy Member I'm a Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    2,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I think he did have plans to continue his run longer but he couldn't keep up with the double-shipping. Don't think he'd have done something with Clea but Giganta would have been nice as she's one of the few notable rogues he's never done his own spin on between either of his runs (Ares, Deimos/Phobos, Circe, Poison, Cheetah, Dr. Psycho, Dr. Cyber).
    I also think he didn't want to write the "Wonder Woman's Twin Brother" story.

    Since he was selling well, DC probably would have let him procrastinate for a while longer but I doubt he wanted to touch that with a 10 foot poll. He was already skirting around Daddy Zeus as much as possible, lol.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

  14. #1679
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Well like others said there has been stuff that's given Hippolyta and Circe some history. There's that first appearance but DCAU also had Circe going after Diana because of her past history with Hippolyta. Even New 52 did when Circe popped up in the Superman/Wonder Woman

    hmmm not a fan of that look for Circe, but I love the characterization.

  15. #1680
    Fishy Member I'm a Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    2,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    hmmm not a fan of that look for Circe, but I love the characterization.
    She is one nose piercing away from, “It’S nOT A pHAsE MoM!”
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •