Page 86 of 162 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2427

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What I like about the ape origin is the idea that Giganta is a monster that turned into an attractive giant woman, a reverse Jekyll and Hyde. And this connects with her feminine identity in such an interesting way. I wouldn't have Giganta be an actual ape though.

In my headcanon Doris Zeul is the Ayn Rand of Sociologists with a focus on Gender Studies, and she was born with a deformity that makes her look like a cavewoman, similar to Dorothy Spinner from Doom Patrol but even more hairy. Her growing powers don't only change her size, they also make her look more attractive the bigger she is. I'm not quite sure what her agenda should be, but I'm not a fan of her having a a family tragedy.
    There's a lot of things you can do when you mash up the various conflicting origins. When you break the origins into pieces, the pieces can get re-assembled to make combinations of them.

Pretty cool villains, here! Jeez, what the hell happened to the wild, imaginative FUN in Wonder Woman?! Clonrad is bringing so much of that back!
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Especially what with Clea having a villainous daughter in Ptra who was kinda like a villainous counterpart to Diana.
    Aren't DC Comics' Atlanteans born with extraordinary strength? Or am I misremembering my comic book lore?

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Aren't DC Comics' Atlanteans born with extraordinary strength? Or am I misremembering my comic book lore?
    im honestly not sure?
    Like I know Aquaman has super strength and ive seen nothing to suggest hes different from other Atlanteans. On the other hand ive never seen Mera or Ocean Master pull off physical feats on the same level as Aquaman....

Queen Clea certainly has super strength, but DC is kinda weird about this

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I love this redesign.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    im honestly not sure?
    Like I know Aquaman has super strength and ive seen nothing to suggest hes different from other Atlanteans. On the other hand ive never seen Mera or Ocean Master pull off physical feats on the same level as Aquaman....

Queen Clea certainly has super strength, but DC is kinda weird about this
    Mera certainly has impressive strength, perhaps less than Aquaman, but better than most.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    They are super strong and durable because they have to survive intense underwater pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I love this redesign.
    There was no where to go but up from that original look. Heh
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I loved the Four Horsewomen. I hope we see them again. The revamps of Armageddon and Paula Von Gunther were great and Orlando made Devastation and Genocide tolerable after years of ridicule.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Super ionic ice. Potential inspiration for all you working on your Blue Snowman stories:

https://www.quantamagazine.org/black...ater-20190508/

The jumps between lattice sites are so fast that the hydrogen atoms — which are ionized, making them essentially positively charged protons — appear to move like a liquid.

This suggested superionic ice would conduct electricity, like a metal, with the hydrogens playing the usual role of electrons. Having these loose hydrogen atoms gushing around would also boost the ice’s disorder, or entropy. In turn, that increase in entropy would make this ice much more stable than other kinds of ice crystals, causing its melting point to soar upward.

L'Shea Malloy

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    L'Shea Malloy

it's okay but I have issues with how small Giganta's head is.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    it's okay but I have issues with how small Giganta's head is.
    It’s perspective I believe.