Page 139 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2427
    Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

I’ve always thought one of the things that have always held Circe back was her lack of a consistent look. Shes kind of hard to identify in a crowd of heroes because she has very few signifying markers. The Joker has his grin and green hair Lex Luther has his bald head. Circe’s defining characteristic was her purple hair, but then they changed it.

Yeah, I like some of Circe's more "sexy" looks because... well.... she seduced people as part of her evil witch gimmick in the old myths. It makes sense as part of the character concept.

I do think some of them are a bit much, but the idea is fine. Oh and Wonder-Circe was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I’ve always thought one of the things that have always held Circe back was her lack of a consistent look. Shes kind of hard to identify in a crowd of heroes because she has very few signifying markers. The Joker has his grin and green hair Lex Luther has his bald head. Circe’s defining characteristic was her purple hair, but then they changed it.
    I will never understand the reasoning behind that. One of the most basic principles of creating/maintaining a brand is consistency. Joker is an awesome character, sure, but a big part of why he is iconic is that year after year, his look has remained consistent. Circe should always have purple hair and some sort of green/dark green getup with gold accents. Every artist that worked after Perez's WW reboot should have retained that look. I think this current lack of a universally recognizable look for Circe is something that DC comics should have adressed a long time ago. How the eff are WW's villains supposed to become iconic if nobody can recognize them?

I think JLD showed that Circe dresses according to her mood at the time:

There was also a flashback showing her dressed like the Perez version.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I think JLD showed that Circe dresses according to her mood at the time:

There was also a flashback showing her dressed like the Perez version.
    Wait that lesbian Dr. Who outfit is way better here than in Rucka's arc

Oh it's the slimmer black vest and pants, and I think the make up too is sexier

I like Circe changing outfits depending on her mood/whim but I’d hair keep the purple hair as a constant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I always wonder why they draw the line at a sorceress like Circe’s hair color being an unnatural color of purple… we could have inhuman looking chalk white skin, but purple hair is too unrealistic, better make it red.
    Her hair was red in the Bronze Age before it was purple. (And I don’t know if I’d call that shade of red natural, lol.)
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 10-14-2021 at 05:55 AM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

Who-Circe rocks!

This is the Circe, the Marston-Rucka-Tynion Circe, that makes me want 'Young Circe' stories - the Circe, who suggests depth and experience. This is the Circe, who felt her unborn baby die inside of her, in the middle of that last beating, from her Greek hero-king husband, ..after she begged him to stop. This wealthy, hero prince, whom her poor nation demanded she marry, to pay off its debts, was no hero, that night, ..and Circe's cries for mercy only spurred him to kick and beat her harder...

Until, without deliberate thought, her celebrated healing power, known throughout the ancient world, ..bent backwards and split him open, from just under his rock-hard jaw to his maleness.

This is the Circe, whose cowardly nation chased her into the Underworld, and who would pay for their betrayal, with being turned into and slaughtered, like beasts, ..until the Olympians cast her out, one final time, to the farthest star - farthest from the wonderment and adoration of mortals...from hope. To Sorca.

This is the sorceress, whose appetite for our torment would keep Wonder Woman up, at night.

I've woven her Golden Age, New 52 and Rebirth origins, together, but, this is definitely Greg Rucka's and James Tynion's Who-Circe, and this is the Circe, with the most promise, ..if only some skilled writer would give her another chance, in the pages of Wonder Woman. Not the diva trollop-sorce'whoress cliche...

I guess I don't really care, if her hair is purple.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 10-14-2021 at 04:36 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I've woven her Golden Age, New 52 and Rebirth origins, together, but, this is definitely Greg Rucka's and James Tynion's Who-Circe, and this is the Circe, with the most promise, ..if only some skilled writer would give her another chance, in the pages of Wonder Woman. Not the diva trollop-sorce'whoress cliche...
    What made Post-Crisis Circe a whore?

A diva, yeah. Don’t know if she’s a whore because she had game with Ares and a 2 month fling with Lex (which was as short lived and forgotten as it deserves to be). Was she flirty with any other men besides those two?

Or are we playing to the the stereotype that a confidant woman in revealing clothing is, by default, a whore? (I know she’s a villain, but her seductress tendencies are fairly sparse in the comics.)

-

Personally, I like both the Post-Crisis and Rebirth characterizations.

Post-Crisis Circe was like a Disney villainess (in a good way). Though, mostly under Perez and Jimenez penmanship.

Rebirth Circe is less agro towards Diana, which I feel gives her certain writing paths that Post-Crisis did not.

Golden Age Circe was fun too, but I more-so like the message of that story than anything. That being, prolonged isolation is only damaging to the psyche and in no way beneficial.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 10-14-2021 at 09:13 AM.

I was wondering if someone was going to comment on that bit.

Jenny Frison.

^^^

Love that cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

Well, that's one thing to call it .

(Still my least favorite Circe look).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, that's one thing to call it .

(Still my least favorite Circe look).
    We live in a world where the goons at NRS have concept art of Circe.

There can and currently exist worse looks.

Her hair colour should be primarily purple and occasionally red. If it's set in the days she met Odysseus then her hair should be black (or whatever colour she was said to have in myth).

As for her wardrobe, and this might be a minority opinion but I think her wardrobe should be based off of Cher's.