Page 48 of 162 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Thank you! Even on Challenge of the Super Friends, Giganta was depicted as a bulky, muscular woman. When Luthor introduced her and the rest of the Legion of Doom in the first episode, he referred to her as the "feminine yet ferocious Giganta" and Giganta just gave him this look like "Damn right you better say something like that or I would have kicked you in the junk!"

I remember during Infinite Crisis, she was depicted as being strong enough to hold Power Girl from escaping. That should be her usual power-level. Nothing less will suffice.

Well, yes and no. CotSF had an interesting paradox that you notice in the scene where she's "just" Doris Zuel.
    CotSFG1.jpg
    She's NOT super buff here. The magic that gives her her powers is also not depicted as making you super buff either. How/why did she change?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Thank you! Even on Challenge of the Super Friends, Giganta was depicted as a bulky, muscular woman. When Luthor introduced her and the rest of the Legion of Doom in the first episode, he referred to her as the "feminine yet ferocious Giganta" and Giganta just gave him this look like "Damn right you better say something like that or I would have kicked you in the junk!"

I remember during Infinite Crisis, she was depicted as being strong enough to hold Power Girl from escaping. That should be her usual power-level. Nothing less will suffice.

Man...That poor table.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I definitely think Giganta should be portrayed as one of the stronger villains in terms of brute force. And it's not like she's never been depicted this way... she did take on a Titan in GWW's run.

Out of her core rogues, Giganta should definitely be the heaviest-hitting. While on the topic, I loathe when artists depict Giganta as thin or even just a tiny bit athletic. She's not here to fulfill fantasies of giant pinups, she's a big bruiser and should be depicted with a bodybuilder's physique.
    Yeah I think Giganta should be the strongest physically out of all Diana's villains, but is physically slower to balance it out. Not slow compared to regular people, I think she should move way faster than a regular person, but slower compared to super-beings like Diana.

Like, she doesn't actually hit Wonder Woman often, but when she does it's gonna ring her bell.

Also they need to stop giving Giganta such a glass jaw. Yeah her physical strength has been pretty consistent over the years, but oh boy do they love to make Giganta a one-hit K.O.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, yes and no. CotSF had an interesting paradox that you notice in the scene where she's "just" Doris Zuel.
    CotSFG1.jpg
    She's NOT super buff here. The magic that gives her her powers is also not depicted as making you super buff either. How/why did she change?
    She does a lot of cross fit?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    She does a lot of cross fit?
    Well, It's an important thing to question when you are deciding what she "should" look like. Why would Doris Zuel have burly muscles? In some of her many origins it makes sense... in some it doesn't.

Most notably the "mutant gorilla" version... in that one she's rather literally a monster. Oh wait... that's the origin they used in DCAU where she wasn't bulked up... hmmm... yeah... lol wut? Much inconsistency, such comic books.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Or worse, her being drawn as a dainty woman who just becomes a giant. When did small Giganta start to become common by the way? I normally just assume that artists don't know how to draw a muscular woman's physique, as even characters like BIG Barda suffer from this...

Heck look at the two variations of Giganta in the children's show Superhero Girls.

Hell of a difference.
    Same VA though .

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Or worse, her being drawn as a dainty woman who just becomes a giant. When did small Giganta start to become common by the way? I normally just assume that artists don't know how to draw a muscular woman's physique, as even characters like BIG Barda suffer from this...

Heck look at the two variations of Giganta in the children's show Superhero Girls.

Hell of a difference.
    Looking at this again...
    A: I like the G1 better than G2. G1 only needs a small bulk up to be perfect, while G2 needs a lot of changes.

B: this kinda illustrates that part of why some Giganta looks are bulked and some aren't... has an in-universe explanation... albeit an inconsistently applied one. In some version Giganta literally does the Hulk-style personality shift when she becomes huge, and these are usually the massively bulked up ones.

I keep forgetting that Circe costume was a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A short-lived one as after Amazons Attack, I don't think Circe appeared in the main WW book until like Rebirth.

Giganta is such an under-imagined and underutilized villain.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Giganta is such an under-imagined and underutilized villain.
    The untapped potential of golden age WW villains hurts my soul. If writers just sifted a little they'd find a diamond.

But honestly that's true for any character.

I liked what Simone did with Giganta in her Atom and WW runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's not even her most interesting one.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/File:Circe_004.jpg
    BWAHAHAAHAHA!