Page 87 of 162 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2427

I think Circe found the one thing Max is more afraid of than getting his neck snapped. LAWSUITS!!!

Last edited by I'm a Fish; 05-30-2021 at 09:03 AM.

I’m trying as hard as I can to like and enjoy Devastation and Genocide, but I’ve never been enthralled by the characters. If you like or appreciate them, what’s that about for you? (Not a judgmental question, but one out of curiosity.)

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I think Circe found the one thing Max is more afraid of than getting his neck snapped. LAWSUITS!!!
    William Messner-Loebs is definitely my favorite person to ever write the character of Diana, with Greg Rucka in second place. His plots weren't always the most interesting, but he wrote Diana like nobody else.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I’m trying as hard as I can to like and enjoy Devastation and Genocide, but I’ve never been enthralled by the characters. If you like or appreciate them, what’s that about for you? (Not a judgmental question, but one out of curiosity.)
    There was something appealing (to me) about how Diana would deal with a despicably evil supervillain whose form was that of a child. I feel that this specific detail of the whole Deva premise was fascinating (it should throw Diana off having to fight a foe who looks like a little girl. I also loved the idea of Deva being a very literal dark "version" of Diana. I also LOVE the costume.

As for Genocide, even though her backstory was a tad overcomplicated, I feel the essential premise was also fascinating: a golem created (through a magic/science combo) with soil from various regions of Earth where acts of genocide took place. That is, in a way, another twisted "version" of Diana (at least of the Diana-created-from-clay). One thing I profoundly dislike about Genocide is the costume. It was so...generic...so undewhelming, so forgettable.

I guess there's always some appeal in the "Evil Counterpart" trope.

Green Lantern: Sinestro
    Flash: Reverse-Flash
    Superman: Bizzaro, Zod
    Batman: Too many to count or care

From what I read, I prefer Devastation of the two. Genocide is where Simone's run started to get derailed imo. Her design and complicated backstory didn't help (which the latter seems to be on editorial) but I also didn't care for the detail of being made from soils of where real-world genocides took place.

Incredible Member

And the long and deep connection between Maxwell Lord and Wonder Woman continues.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    And the long and deep connection between Maxwell Lord and Wonder Woman continues.
    Well he did sign her paychecks, lol.

I agree with Gaius and HestiasHearth.

Deva and Superwoman are the only "evil" Wondy clones I care about. you could argue that Clea is too but she seems more representative of the "dark mirror" to the amazons then just Diana.

I do like Deva more then Genocide mainly due to her look and overall appearances. But as Hestia said, Genocide's origin while complicated can be a cool blood summoning ritual type thing, maybe instead of a pure "evil Wonder Woman clone" she's a legit Demon from Dooms doorway that's brought into the real world via a blood summoning/sacrifice at a spot where mass genocide was committed and all the demonic/pure evil energies and souls of the dead were taken physical form?
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I guess there's always some appeal in the "Evil Counterpart" trope.

Green Lantern: Sinestro
    Flash: Reverse-Flash
    Superman: Bizzaro, Zod
    Batman: Too many to count or care

From what I read, I prefer Devastation of the two. Genocide is where Simone's run started to get derailed imo. Her design and complicated backstory didn't help (which the latter seems to be on editorial) but I also didn't care for the detail of being made from soils of where real-world genocides took place.
    Deva is a very... skill oriented villain. Beating her isn't a contest of who punches harder, you need to out THINK her, and that is NOT easy at all. Diana seems to have shattered Deva's sense of self in the first defeat she handed her. And THAT is a very interesting story hook in and of itself. Should we consider Hippolyta to be a grandmother?

Genocides an odd one. According to Simone she was orginally supposed to be a New God, but editorial vetoed it because of something else going on

I quite liked Devestation. However going back and rereading that run, I found it rather disturbing that this small child had the power to turn into whatever a mans definition of an attractive woman was, and make men lust after her.

Genocide was supposed to be Knockout right?

Genocide was supposed to be Knockout right?
    Yeah, going by her color scheme and hair it looks editorial made the edict for the change very late.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    it's okay but I have issues with how small Giganta's head is.
    Sigh an orange cheetah huh.. looks like an orangutan. Giganta could've traded spots with her & still wouldn't be a cheetah smdh

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

The concept of Genocide sounds very promising imo. There’s people that are into things like voodoo, conjuring, and necromancy that I think she could appeal to. Just needs the right set up. Def keep her in the reserves.

I can't say I like them either. I groaned when I heard Genocide being described as 'Wonder Woman's Doomsday', like why do we need to have exact equivalents to what Superman and Batman have? Does she need a Wonder-Mobile too? Or her equivalent of a Joker? I rather writers take advantage of what's already unique about the characters and her mythology.