Page 81 of 95 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1415
  1. #1201
    Astonishing Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hopefully more of the villains from the group shot show up in the run (save for Max and LL obviously )

    I liked Perez's Psycho though it made me wish he just revamped a few more of WW's pre-Crisis rogues.
    Agreed. I wish he’d have rounded out his takes on Ares, Cheetah, Doctor Psycho, and Circe with Giganta, Doctor Cyber, and Villainy Inc.

  2. #1202
    Mighty Member I'm a Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    1,965

    Default


  3. #1203
    Extraordinary Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    6,046

    Default

    Love the headdress on Clea.

  4. #1204
    Astonishing Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,461

    Default






  5. #1205
    Extraordinary Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    6,046

    Default






  6. #1206
    Astonishing Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    So according to an article I read, Villainy Inc is the first super-villain team (as in a group of villains made of up of characters introduced individually before bringing them all back as a team). Is there any truth to this claim?


  7. #1207
    Incredible Member Fuzzy Mittens's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    So according to an article I read, Villainy Inc is the first super-villain team (as in a group of villains made of up of characters introduced individually before bringing them all back as a team). Is there any truth to this claim?

    Its up for some debate, but it comes down to either Villainy Inc, or Captain Marvels 'Monster Society of Evil'
    Certainly the first in DC however, as either story released decades before Fawcett would be merged in.

  8. #1208
    Mighty Member I'm a Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    1,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    So according to an article I read, Villainy Inc is the first super-villain team (as in a group of villains made of up of characters introduced individually before bringing them all back as a team). Is there any truth to this claim?

    The Injustice Society got there before them in 1947 in All-Star Comics.

    And so did Captain Marvel Adventures with The Monsters Society of Evil. But I don’t think every member was introduced separately before appearing in that group.

    So I guess you could argue Villainy Inc. was the first villain team to appear in a superhero’s solo comic, where every villain had been introduced in separate stories before forming a team. (Besides them being the first female villain team of corse.)
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 05-22-2021 at 01:20 AM.

  9. #1209
    Extraordinary Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    6,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    So according to an article I read, Villainy Inc is the first super-villain team (as in a group of villains made of up of characters introduced individually before bringing them all back as a team). Is there any truth to this claim?

    There was a group called The Hand, iirc, that was an enemy of the Seven Soldiers of Victory that pre-dates Villainy Inc and the Monster Society of Evil (usually the other claimant to the title of first).

    Though yes, like I’m a Fish said. Villainy Inc is the first one where everyone on the team debuted before the group coming together.

    Of course villains team up/interacting wasn’t entirely new. Joker and Catwoman and then Joker and Penguin had team ups in issues of Batman.

  10. #1210
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post




    I did not know that Queen Clea had super strength.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  11. #1211
    Incredible Member Fuzzy Mittens's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I did not know that Queen Clea had super strength.
    Yup~ I recall back in the golden age Wonder Woman even commenting that Clea was stronger than she was during a fight. Marstons take on the Atlanteans was that they could essentially do anything the Amazons could do.
    I think all Jiminez added with his adaption was giving her the ability to breath underwater.

  12. #1212
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Yup~ I recall back in the golden age Wonder Woman even commenting that Clea was stronger than she was during a fight. Marstons take on the Atlanteans was that they could essentially do anything the Amazons could do.
    I think all Jiminez added with his adaption was giving her the ability to breath underwater.
    Thanks.

    It does make sense (in comics anyway, lol) for an Atlantean to be able to breathe underwater, see underwater, etc. I am glad that was added.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  13. #1213
    Incredible Member Fuzzy Mittens's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thanks.

    It does make sense (in comics anyway, lol) for an Atlantean to be able to breathe underwater, see underwater, etc. I am glad that was added.
    Yeah~ Marstons take on Atlantis was pretty different from what DC would do later on

  14. #1214
    Astonishing Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,550

    Default

    Queen Clea is such a great character - a fantastic foe for Diana and/or Hippolyta.

  15. #1215
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Yeah~ Marstons take on Atlantis was pretty different from what DC would do later on
    To be fair, having multiple undersea cities with different political leanings fixes the problems of trying to fit Aquaman and Clea into the same mould. She may be the same RACE, but she's not part of HIS kingdom.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •