Page 80 of 162 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2427
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    "Make Themyscira Great Again"?
    Alkyone sucks, but she doesn't suck that much. She has some standards.

She just wants to build an invisible barrier against man's world to protect them from the rapists (like Heracles) and make them pay for it.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Nobody's done more for women than she has with the possible exception of The Presence, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    She just wants to build an invisible barrier against man's world to protect them from the rapists (like Heracles) and make them pay for it.
    Shouldn't she be as or more concerned, with protecting us from Azzarello Hera the baby-killer, who turns Amazons into snakes, ..or with Circe, who hates Amazons for no conceivable reason? Besides, ..since the Amazons forgave Hercules, who fought beside them, against Circe in WOGS, and being confident in Queen Hippolyta's judgment, ..I'm okay, with him. That's usually where the 'cancel Hercules' thing runs out of gas.

Aren't we really leaving Hercules out because he's a powerful man, who knows and expresses his power, and, even when that benefits Diana, the Amazons and mankind, that makes him a threat or affront to Wonder Woman, somehow? Hercules doesn't know his place; so, out he goes?

It feels uneven. If it is uneven, shouldn't we say so?

Are we holding Hercules accountable, because he's a man, ..while forgiving the super-villainesses, because they're female, for doing far worse? This presumption that reason and accountability is too prickly a thing, for weighing the actions of women, ..is troublesome for the most feminist of my sensibilities.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-13-2021 at 12:04 AM. Reason: clarity
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Shouldn't she be as or more concerned, with protecting us from Azzarello Hera the baby-killer, who turns Amazons into snakes, ..or with Circe, who hates Amazons for no conceivable reason? Besides, ..since the Amazons forgave Hercules, who fought beside them, against Circe in WOGS, and being confident in Queen Hippolyta's judgment, ..I'm okay, with him. That's usually where the 'cancel Hercules' thing runs out of gas.

Aren't we really leaving Hercules out because he's a powerful man, who knows and expresses his power, and, even when that benefits Diana, the Amazons and mankind, that makes him a threat or affront to Wonder Woman, somehow? Hercules doesn't know his place; so, out he goes?

It feels uneven. If it is uneven, shouldn't we say so?

Are we holding Hercules accountable, because he's a man, ..while forgiving the super-villainesses, because they're female, for doing far worse? This presumption that reason and accountability is too prickly a thing, for weighing the actions of women, ..is troublesome for the most feminist of my sensibilities.
    By that point Hercules was a villain again and even tried to rape Diana herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

I’m digging Psycho’s role and characterization in the current run, even if I really enjoy Perez’s unnerving version of him.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I’m digging Psycho’s role and characterization in the current run, even if I really enjoy Perez’s unnerving version of him.
    Hopefully more of the villains from the group shot show up in the run (save for Max and LL obviously )

I liked Perez's Psycho though it made me wish he just revamped a few more of WW's pre-Crisis rogues.

I don't dislike Liar Liar, even if she was obviously included just to sink Lords hooks into the Wonder Woman mythos. But I didn't like Wonder Woman fighting a teenage kid (although she didn't really "fight" her)... especially since it lasted for so long, should have been 2 issues max honestly.

But I think part of it was editorial making Takami drag it out since Future State was on the horizon.

If they bring Liar Liar back, she should be a Wonder Girl villain. Cassie or Yara, either works.

-

I'm wondering how they are going to bring other villains into the story arc...since none besides Psycho and the gods are known for astral projection...

Circe I could see doing it rather easily. Cheetah...maybe because she's a demi-god she figures it out?

Giganta, no way would she figure that out, lol, I doubt she'd care about the Sphere of the Gods anyway. Same with Silver Swan, unless Psycho himself drags her with him (he still made her Silver Swan in this universe.)

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I don't dislike Liar Liar, even if she was obviously included just to sink Lords hooks into the Wonder Woman mythos. But I didn't like Wonder Woman fighting a teenage kid (although she didn't really "fight" her)... especially since it lasted for so long, should have been 2 issues max honestly.

But I think part of it was editorial making Takami drag it out since Future State was on the horizon.

If they bring Liar Liar back, she should be a Wonder Girl villain. Cassie or Yara, either works.

-

I'm wondering how they are going to bring other villains into the story arc...since none besides Psycho and the gods are known for astral projection...

Circe I could see doing it rather easily. Cheetah...maybe because she's a demi-god she figures it out?

Giganta, no way would she figure that out, lol, I doubt she'd care about the Sphere of the Gods anyway. Same with Silver Swan, unless Psycho himself drags her with him (he still made her Silver Swan in this universe.)
    I'm open to being surprised but I don't think we'll much more 'till after the Sphere of the Gods stuff is wrapped up.

Here's hoping for Gundra at least in the next issue at least.

Yes, Gundra for this story arc plz. (I would also like for her to be a reoccurring villain if it is her...)

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hopefully more of the villains from the group shot show up in the run (save for Max and LL obviously )

I liked Perez's Psycho though it made me wish he just revamped a few more of WW's pre-Crisis rogues.
    I really wish Perez had brought back the rest of Villainy Inc. in his run.

He also seemed to equate the original Shim'tar with pre-Crisis Dr. Cyber. At least on his "Wonder Woman Through the Ages" poster they are right next to each other. All the Cheetahs, Circes and Psychos etc are positioned near each other, so I guess that was deliberate.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I really wish Perez had brought back the rest of Villainy Inc. in his run.

He also seemed to equate the original Shim'tar with pre-Crisis Dr. Cyber. At least on his "Wonder Woman Through the Ages" poster they are right next to each other. All the Cheetahs, Circes and Psychos etc are positioned near each other, so I guess that was deliberate.
    Yeah, feel if he had just done a few more, like Giganta for ex, her rogues would be more consistent as his run is what people usually refer back to for a lot of WW stuff.

Never considered it before but yeah, Shim'tar does kind of look like an 80s revamp of Cyber by him would be (design wise at least).

Incredible Member

I know it's the 80s but Shimtar has an extremely bold design.

Shim'tar as Dr Cyber could've been a cool concept, too bad nobody followed up on it. The story just writes itself: an Amazon who's so obsessed with defeating Wonder Woman that she keeps augmenting her body until it becomes a full cyborg.