Page 133 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2427

Them. The most ungooglable group name ever.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Them. The most ungooglable group name ever.
    In comics? Probably. But I've seen bands with much worse names. There are dozens of bands called "No" and one wonderful musician unfortunately called "Q"

That's not what I meant.

I've tried googling 'Them villain group', 'Them Wonder Woman DC comics' and got nothing on these characters.

That's not what I meant.

I've tried googling 'Them villain group', 'Them Wonder Woman DC comics' and got nothing on these characters.
    Here ya go. Glad they're back, often thought of THEM! as a unique team worthy of a revamp.

WW V TheM 6.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/THEM!_(comics)

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/won...-and-weirdest/

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Here ya go. Glad they're back, often thought of THEM! as a unique team worthy of a revamp.

WW V TheM 6.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/THEM!_(comics)

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/won...-and-weirdest/
    Ah, I remember them. I found the way them to be a bit predatory and questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Nice to see Giganta in her classic costume. None of her newer ones have impressed me much.
    I actually prefer her post-Infinite Crisis look.

THEM! was slightly prescient, in the most stereotypical fashion at the time, of gender-nonconforming and nonbinary identities.

How far we’ve come and how far we still have to go in honoring and celebrating and not stigmatizing how individuals identify themselves.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Luke Daab. If posted already sorry for the double post.

GigantaLukeDaab.jpg

Mighty Member

I actually think her design in JLU and Batman: TBATB were the best:

Those are my favorite looks for Cyber myself... if gives of a Dr. Doom vibe

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Nice to see Giganta in her classic costume. None of her newer ones have impressed me much.
    I'm all about modernizing hokey costumes...but I will agree that anytime they try to give Giganta a new look it kind of falls flat. Also, I guess people tend to give her cheetah print or leopard print instead of the more unique giraffe print, which makes people think it's too similar to Cheetah.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Luke Daab. If posted already sorry for the double post.

GigantaLukeDaab.jpg

Very cool! I love the references to her gorilla past and her size.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

For me, Queen Clea and Dr. Cyber are the two most wasted WW villains ever. Both of them have so much potential to be world-class threats! They could be threats that, like Luthor, Joker, and Dr. Doom, have the potential to become gigantic forces of evil strong enough to impact all heroes across DC, and yet, DC does/has done nothing with them.

I don't see the potential in the Rebirth Dr Cyber. The evil A.I. robot is in so many stories already. What makes her special in a world with someone like Braniac, and Grid, not to mention Ultron in the Marvel universe.

Clea could probably be taken in various directions, and I do like her unique look, but there has to be something more to her than just a desire to conquer. Either a special talent/ resource, a special goal or desire, a special personality, whatever. But right now we already have Ocean Master as an undersea conqueror, not to mention all the other space conquerors there are.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    For me, Queen Clea and Dr. Cyber are the two most wasted WW villains ever. Both of them have so much potential to be world-class threats! They could be threats that, like Luthor, Joker, and Dr. Doom, have the potential to become gigantic forces of evil strong enough to impact all heroes across DC, and yet, DC does/has done nothing with them.
    Given how writers recently try have Aquaman and Diana paired off, I'm surprised no one's tried to bring Clea out of the mothballs as a villain for some sort of team up. Seems like a no-brainer.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I don't see the potential in the Rebirth Dr Cyber. The evil A.I. robot is in so many stories already. What makes her special in a world with someone like Braniac, and Grid, not to mention Ultron in the Marvel universe..
    She is an evil AI based on the memories of a dead woman, and she has personal ties to Veronica, Cheetah and a human sister (if they ever want to bring Leslie back, which they should IMO). I think she has more potential than the pre-Crisis Dr. Cyber, who was always a cool name attached to a cool design with potential that was never realized. She was a generic baddy and never an actual character unfortunately. Bloodlines took her best feature (the design) and mixed it with the AI.

Brainiac and Grid aren't problems because even though they exist in the same world, it's not like they will feature much in WW stories. Grid is so minor it's barely worth mentioning. Ultron is even less of an issue as similar characters across companies have never provided issues before.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Given how writers recently try have Aquaman and Diana paired off, I'm surprised no one's tried to bring Clea out of the mothballs as a villain for some sort of team up. Seems like a no-brainer.
    I think editorial has decided to simplify by not have multiple heroes with similar villains.... :/ which ends up pigeonholing everyone.

I mena... Superman once actually FOUGHT Ocean Master! But nope "Aquaman villain"......

Oooohh.... Clea vs Mera.... Who needs WW and Aquaman?