Page 18 of 162 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

Hypnotic Woman is in tomorrow's Future State: Suicide Squad. Although I have a bad feeling that she and the other "Justice League" copies aren't gonna fare too well.

True. I'm just shocked and glad to see her actually used outside of the Wonder Woman comic.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post

Cheetah on the variant cover of Future State: Suicided Squad #2. Guess she's on the Suicided Squad again.

They'll probably kill her off with an ordinary bullet.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    They'll probably kill her off with an ordinary bullet.
    *Apokolips War flashbacks intensify*

Evil Star! Haven't seen him in a while.

Cheetah was also in Future State: The Next Batman or whatever. She looked like her New 52 version though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Evil Star! Haven't seen him in a while.

Cheetah was also in Future State: The Next Batman or whatever. She looked like her New 52 version though.

Nabbed a picture of her...playing piggy back with Killer Croc? LOL, Did the artist run out of room? Thank goodness these are only possible futures."
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 01-25-2021 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Where are these from? They're pretty cool.
    Just some fanart. There's more here from the artist.

Cheetah on the variant cover of Future State: Suicided Squad #2. Guess she's on the Suicided Squad again.
    For a second I thought they forgot to draw the lower jaw but I see it's just closed. Looks a bit weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Just some fanart. There's more here from the artist.

For a second I thought they forgot to draw the lower jaw but I see it's just closed. Looks a bit weird.
    Lol yeah, she looks surprisingly chill? Usually if Cheetah's on a cover she's snarling, or at least has her teeth showing. Also her right hand looks like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle hand from that angle.

Nabbed a picture of her...playing piggy back with Killer Croc? LOL, Did the artist run out of room? Thank goodness these are only possible futures."
    She at least spent most of her time hanging out with Jason Blood, who is more on her level than Killer Croc or Mister Freeze. But yeah, it sucks that she's treated as just another Gotham criminal. And the next issue looks like it'll be a battle between the inmates and the riot squad which... hello, Cheetah would mop the floor with them on her lonesome let alone with Killer Frost, Orca, Poison Ivy, et al.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

What is this weird fascination writers have with putting Cheetah in Gotham? Why would she give a crap about anything that happens there?

I like interesting interactions between the Trinity and their respective arch enemies, at least in theory. I would LOVE a story of Batman vs. Cheetah if it actually treated her as legitimate threat. Metahumans who can take hits from Wonder Woman should be causing Bruce to crap his pants if they are starting stuff in Gotham. Batman can even defeat Cheetah in a fight but he should use strategy and should look like he came out of a meat grinder afterwards and need weeks to recover. But I guess that's too hard for writers to come up with, so they give us what they give us. Despite the fact that there are a copious amount of Gotham villains that can take over the roles she usually plays in these dumb stories.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    What is this weird fascination writers have with putting Cheetah in Gotham? Why would she give a crap about anything that happens there?

I like interesting interactions between the Trinity and their respective arch enemies, at least in theory. I would LOVE a story of Batman vs. Cheetah if it actually treated her as legitimate threat. Metahumans who can take hits from Wonder Woman should be causing Bruce to crap his pants if they are starting stuff in Gotham. Batman can even defeat Cheetah in a fight but he should use strategy and should look like he came out of a meat grinder afterwards and need weeks to recover. But I guess that's too hard for writers to come up with, so they give us what they give us. Despite the fact that there are a copious amount of Gotham villains that can take over the roles she usually plays in these dumb stories.
    It could be interesting, B:TBAB actually probably did the idea the best with the Trinity swapping arches.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It could be interesting, B:TBAB actually probably did the idea the best with the Trinity swapping arches.

Omg, I would love an in-comics version of that episode where they swap arches.

And even then they only way he should survived the encounter is if he knew it was Cheetah going in, or she was just toying with him and unknowing gave him time to come up with a plan.

...but not like how she toyed with Wally in issue #214 pre-rebirth... that was ew, and wouldn't really be in character anymore.

Cheetah is the go-to Wonder Woman villain for when someone wants to include a nod to Diana’s corner of the DCU, but they don’t actually care about her as a character.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Cheetah is the go-to Wonder Woman villain for when someone wants to include a nod to Diana’s corner of the DCU, but they don’t actually care about her as a character.
    It begs the question of why they are even giving nods to Wonder Woman if they don't care about anything related to her. Who is asking for stuff like the cameo in the Red Hood DTV?

It begs the question of why they are even giving nods to Wonder Woman if they don't care about anything related to her. Who is asking for stuff like the cameo in the Red Hood DTV?
    Not being brave enough to have Catwoman or Harley get put in Jason's crosshairs or give them an L.