Page 19 of 162 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

So I see Cheetah is still treated like crap

They're probably going to pit Cheetah and Hypnotic Woman against each other instead of pitting Cheetah against the Flash, which would have made more sense...

I'm betting that Cheetah has a higher chance of serving than Hypnotic Woman since she seems to be on the main team, the one with Peacemaker. But maybe they'll cut us Wonder Woman fans a break and they'll both survive? Or they'll both die, which is more likely than them both surviving.

After so many terrible showings in the movies, animated shows and comics I kinda lost faith in Cheetah as an adequate arch-enemy. DC will never stop treating her like fodder. Ares/Circe, you're up!

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    After so many terrible showings in the movies, animated shows and comics I kinda lost faith in Cheetah as an adequate arch-enemy. DC will never stop treating her like fodder. Ares/Circe, you're up!
    Ares got treated worse than Cheetah in the first movie. At least Barbara was a character and not a one-dimensional " I WILL DESTROY YOU" villain. Ares also hasn't shown up in a Wonder Woman comic in years and almost never appears in a comic outside of Wonder Woman.

Circe might have a better shot, but she's barley made an appearance outside of the comics. And even in the comics, she's rearly shown in more mainstream issues. She's agurably too much of a powerhouse, it would be like a smart doomsday being superman's arch enemy.

Cheetah, like Lex and Joker, has remained Wonder Woman's arch through overwhelming popularity. She's been viewed as Diana's arch for the better part of 50 years, even non-wonder Woman fans see her as Diana's main rival. No matter how many times they put her through the wringer, that part always sticks.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 01-26-2021 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    What is this weird fascination writers have with putting Cheetah in Gotham? Why would she give a crap about anything that happens there?
    It cuz she's a cat. And there's a cat woman in Gotham. And the writers gotta have a cat fight.... Which is some lazy writing.

Also all the animal themed villains Batman seems to gather. Both are dumb reasons. I never see any Superman villains chilling out in Gotham.

I would love, just love, for one issue of cat woman to have Cheetah just casually let Selena punch her in the face, and Selena breaks her wrist on impact because it would be the equivalent of punching a steel wall. Just let Selena be completely humble by a meta for once, like that one time Cheetah slapped Bane aside.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 01-26-2021 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Ares got treated worse than Cheetah in the first movie. At least Barbara was a character and not a one-dimensional " I WILL DESTROY YOU" villain. Ares also hasn't shown up in a Wonder Woman comic in years either and almost never appears in a comic outside of Wonder Woman.
    That last part is actually a blessing. Appearing in a comic outside of Wonder Woman rarely does anything good for Cheetah. Ares has much better showings and less embarrassing moments in comparison. It's true that Cheetah was better characterized in the movies compared to Ares but she was also a secondary villain (essentially a bodyguard for Max Lord) while Ares was the big bad in the first movie.

Circe might have a better shot, but she's barley made an appearance outside of the comics. And even in the comics, she's rearly shown in more mainstream issues. She's agurably too much of a powerhouse, it would be like a smart doomsday being superman's arch enemy.
    Again, not appearing as much is actually a good thing. Each time she appears in and outside of comics she's treated like a powerhouse she is, while Cheetah gets defeated by street levelers. And I'd argue that being too powerful is actually more of a problem for Ares who is one of the Olympian gods while Circe isn't as big of a deal.

Cheetah, like Lex and Joker, has remained Wonder Woman's arch through overwhelming popularity. She's been viewed as Diana's arch for the better part of 50 years, even non-wonder Woman fans see her as Diana's main rival. No matter how many times they put her through the wringer, that part always sticks
    Non-Wonder Woman fans don't even know any of her villains besides Cheetah

Non-Wonder Woman fans don't even know any of her villains besides Cheetah
    Lol, too true. Wonder Woman really just needs her own animated series. That's what brought Joker up the the level he is now.

Lol, too true. Wonder Woman really just needs her own animated series. That's what brought Joker up the the level he is now.
    I'm afraid it's too late. DC Animation is mostly crap these days. And I doubt we'll be seeing anything other than more Bat-related stuff anyway.

DC animation isn't crap at all. It's not doing DCAU, but it's doing lots of interesting things that in a lot of ways are more interesting. Young Justice and Harley Quinn are great. There are still interesting animated films, and while I am not the audience for Teen Titans Go and DC Superhero Girls, they are still fun and well made shows with respect for the characters.

That last part is actually a blessing. Appearing in a comic outside of Wonder Woman rarely does anything good for Cheetah. Ares has much better showings and less embarrassing moments in comparison. It's true that Cheetah was better characterized in the movies compared to Ares but she was also a secondary villain (essentially a bodyguard for Max Lord) while Ares was the big bad in the first movie.
    While I'm not totally on board with the way she was treated in WW84, Cheetah was also the only villain in any of the Wonder Woman movies to be left an open door. She was basically treated how Black Manta was treated in Aquman. Of course it's hard to know if she's going to be the main villain in the 3rd movie or what her roll is going forward.

Maybe arch frenemy is a better term for Cheetah at this point, lol. And Circe can be Diana's arch nemesis.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 01-26-2021 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    DC animation isn't crap at all. It's not doing DCAU, but it's doing lots of interesting things that in a lot of ways are more interesting. Young Justice and Harley Quinn are great. There are still interesting animated films, and while I am not the audience for Teen Titans Go and DC Superhero Girls, they are still fun and well made shows with respect for the characters.
    I really don't want to argue about this but the only good season of YJ is the first one, TT Go is an abomination, most animated movies are average at best and treat Wonder Woman and everything Wonder Woman-related like crap.

Ypu can definitely say that you prefer season 1 of Young Justice, but to say that it's the only good season must be hyperbole. But ok let's not argue any further.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Yeah, The 2019 DC Superhero Girls has actually treated its villains with a fair amount of respect. Especially considering it's primarily an action/comedy aimed at children. It arguably has the best Diana vs Cheetah fight to date.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 01-26-2021 at 06:05 AM.

Yeah, The 2019 DC Superhero Girls has actually treated its villains with a fair amount of respect. Especially considering it's primarily an action/comedy aimed at children. It arguably has the best Diana vs Cheetah fight to date.
    Her introduction was good but then she lost to Catwoman
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5FmtKxD_NQw

Her introduction was good but then she lost to Catwoman
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5FmtKxD_NQw
    Not really upset by that since Catwoman had to use her brains to win.
    Also, again action/comedy cartoon for kids, at that was an action/comedy fight for sure.