Page 20 of 162 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

I’ll give credit to the earlier version of Superhero Girls for doing an amusing adaptation of Ares and the only one so far that doesn’t screw up his Perez design by giving him a visible face under the helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Not really upset by that since Catwoman had to use her brains to win.
    Also, again action/comedy cartoon for kids, at that was an action/comedy fight for sure.
    I wouldn't be upset about it either if being treated like fodder for the Bat-characters wasn't an unfortunate trend for Cheetah.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I’ll give credit to the earlier version of Superhero Girls for doing an amusing adaptation of Ares and the only one so far that doesn’t screw up his Perez design by giving him a visible face under the helmet.
    I'm convinced the real villain in the first Wonder Woman movie was the mustache growing on Ares upper lip.

I'm convinced the real villain in the first Wonder Woman movie was the mustache growing on Ares upper lip.
    I didn't mind Thewlis as the human form but yeah should have gone the faceless route and use the look from story time scene when he suits up.

At least he'll look better in the Snyder cut.

It cuz she's a cat. And there's a cat woman in Gotham. And the writers gotta have a cat fight.... Which is some lazy writing.

Also all the animal themed villains Batman seems to gather. Both are dumb reasons. I never see any Superman villains chilling out in Gotham.

I would love, just love, for one issue of cat woman to have Cheetah just casually let Selena punch her in the face, and Selena breaks her wrist on impact because it would be the equivalent of punching a steel wall. Just let Selena be completely humble by a meta for once, like that one time Cheetah slapped Bane aside.
    Yeah, Simone was weird in that she probably did better with Wonder Woman villains on her other books than in her time on the actual WW book.

Incredible Member

Barbara_Minerva_Wonder_Woman_Dead_Earth_0001.jpg

This is one of my favorite designs of Cheetah ever. I hope more artists lean into making her truly monstrous. This is a rogue everyone must take seriously.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

Hypnotic Woman is in tomorrow's Future State: Suicide Squad. Although I have a bad feeling that she and the other "Justice League" copies aren't gonna fare too well.
    Did anyone read today's issue? I'm curious how Hypnotic Lady was depicted in the issue? I'm also curious does the issue make it explicit that this is just a renamed Hypota or is this a new rogue?

Ares is easily the worst part of the first WW. I also struggle to think of a Top 10 for him whereas Cheetah and Circe are easy.

As for Hypnotic Woman... spoilers:
    She survives! She actually has a decent characterization -- she seems to really want to be Wonder Woman. You only see her real body once and it's her Post-Crisis look. Cheetah also shows up at the end as part of the Suicide Squad and fares much better than poor Black Manta.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Ares is easily the worst part of the first WW. I also struggle to think of a Top 10 for him whereas Cheetah and Circe are easy.

She survives! She actually has a decent characterization -- she seems to really want to be Wonder Woman. You only see her real body once and it's her Post-Crisis look. Cheetah also shows up at the end as part of the Suicide Squad and fares much better than poor Black Manta.
    end of spoilers
    Thank you! And that's great to hear!

Top 10 stories? Honestly, I can't even think of a top 10 for these two either. I mean genuinely good stories, not just the ones where they show up as the main villains. But in this case Ares actually has an advantage by being the main villain in Gods and Mortals - one of the most well-known and well-liked Wonder Woman stories.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm sad about Black Manta, my poor bagel-headed boy is an arch-nemesis too dang it! I was pleasantly surprised that Hypnotic Woman got any developed. I'm hopething these doesn't mean they are doing the thing were, by revealing more about the character you are building a relationship between that character and the audience, so when you kill them off the audience feels sad.

They do that all the time in movies. Fingers crossed this isn't the case.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Barbara_Minerva_Wonder_Woman_Dead_Earth_0001.jpg

This is one of my favorite designs of Cheetah ever. I hope more artists lean into making her truly monstrous. This is a rogue everyone must take seriously.
    That design is boss, it really only fits the Death Earth theme though. I wish she got to do a little more fighting in that series, she still had some cool moments though. And at least the writer remembers Cheetah has a prolonged lifespan. That was the whole reason Barbara became Cheetah post-crisis after all, for immortality.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Top 10 stories? Honestly, I can't even think of a top 10 for these two either. I mean genuinely good stories, not just the ones where they show up as the main villains. But in this case Ares actually has an advantage by being the main villain in Gods and Mortals - one of the most well-known and well-liked Wonder Woman stories.
    But beyond that story and a couple Golden Age stories where he usually let his minions do his dirty work, he wasn't really a prominent villain. He's spent more time in his comic book history as a neutral figure or a straight-up ally to Diana. They even left him off the big splash page for post-Future State. I'm not sure DC cares about Ares as a villain, at least any more than they do Cheetah.

I don't think Cheetah being on the Suicide Squad in this alternate universe Future State thing is that bad. The issue killed off spoilers:
    Black Manta, Brainiac, Sinestro, and Mongal without batting an eye while Hypnotic Woman and Cheetah are still alive (for now), so I think we should wait until next issue to get riled up.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

end of spoilers

I was shocked that she made it past page 5. Hopefully this writer is really invested in her and continues to build her up in part 2.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.