Page 61 of 162 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Isn't that similar to the Kirby esque (I don't know...it reminds me of the New Gods...it must be the circles) DCAU Justice League outfit.

You know...I'm also surprised that Blakfu doesn't even have the status of Fantastic 4's Mole Man...

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Isn't that similar to the Kirby esque (I don't know...it reminds me of the New Gods...it must be the circles) DCAU Justice League outfit.

You know...I'm also surprised that Blakfu doesn't even have the status of Fantastic 4's Mole Man...
    Timm and co were Kirby fans, so yeah I always got Kirby Asgardian/Fourth World vibes off it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Alex Ross's Giganta is totally Belinda Carlisle...totally!

She's a good template.

Meanwhile can you imagine being a trans stripper in 1960's Reno? And an actress and scholar?

GIGANTA D3.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleshia_Brevard

Aleshia Brevard's story is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    She's a good template.

Meanwhile can you imagine being a trans stripper in 1960's Reno? And an actress and scholar?

GIGANTA D3.jpg

I just found out about her last week! So awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Timm and co were Kirby fans, so yeah I always got Kirby Asgardian/Fourth World vibes off it.

She's totally Fourth World which makes it confusing, but it's still a great design. Love how the gown repeats some of the same elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

She's a good template.

GIGANTA D3.jpg

What an accomplished woman! She made a great Giganta in the Legends of the Super Heroes roast special. I wish she had been included in part 1 as well.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Not sure if this should go in this thread or the Giganta thread but here is Giganta's Superfriends origin:

Not bad for a 70's Hannah-Barbera cartoon even though it skews too close post-Crisis Barbara Minerva origin (wealthy white woman steals her power from an indigenous tribe).
    Decent origin but (at least back then) it makes Gigantia more of a Apache Chief villain then WW so would definitely need to be re-worked to involve her somehow.

She's totally Fourth World which makes it confusing, but it's still a great design. Love how the gown repeats some of the same elements.
    Yeah, wouldn't make a bad design for a movie version. Hopefully with the purple hair also.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Absolutely! And I loved her going undercover as a nurse as well. Giganta was a well-rounded criminal in the Justiceverse. Everyone is gaga for Ross's Cheetah but I think his Giganta deserves a ton of love too.
    Giganta was pretty great in that. The only thing I dislike is the minimal interaction she got with Diana herself, and her origin was tied to Grodd, but that'd be an easy fix by just using her more in WW's book and basing it off this.

Yeah, I dug a lot of Ross' versions of the Legion of Doom characters reading through Justice about a year ago.

if I could change anything about Rucka's second run I'd swap out the Poison he did for a Giganta revamp based off this.
    I'm about due for a re-read of Justice myself soon. I understand why we absolutely can't hit the nostalgia button too much, particularly for that era that is way less diverse, but I do a wistful sigh every time I read it: all the characters (on both sides) look great, and none have the accumulated baggage they have currently.

Col. Poison in Godwatch seemed like a role better filled by Giganta (bodyguard and muscle for Veronica), a revamped Paula von Gunther or Eviless leading the Crimson Men under Veronica's payroll. Basically anybody but Maru.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Giganta was pretty great in that. The only thing I dislike is the minimal interaction she got with Diana herself, and her origin was tied to Grodd, but that'd be an easy fix by just using her more in WW's book and basing it off this.

I'm about due for a re-read of Justice myself soon. I understand why we absolutely can't hit the nostalgia button too much, particularly for that era that is way less diverse, but I do a wistful sigh every time I read it: all the characters (on both sides) look great, and none have the accumulated baggage they have currently.

Col. Poison in Godwatch seemed like a role better filled by Giganta (bodyguard and muscle for Veronica), a revamped Paula von Gunther or Eviless leading the Crimson Men under Veronica's payroll. Basically anybody but Maru.
    Yeah, Ideally I'd split the role and have Giganta be the merc-muscle for the modern day Godwatch portions but have a more traditional Poison be present in the Year One portions since the virus they were trying to stop was called the Maru Virus but Maru herself never appeared there.

Pretty cool reinvention of The Mask from the past few Sensational Wonder Woman issues

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Pretty cool reinvention of The Mask from the past few Sensational Wonder Woman issues

Ooh yeah, I actually really like that!

Yeah, that's a nice look for her. (Maybe have her put on a shirt though, lol)

I liked Vanessa's design for the Silver Swan even if bringing her and Julia back the way they did was done so poorly.

I liked the '77 disco band version of Silver Swan. Feels like something the show would have done if they actually adapted the costumed villains.