Page 110 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2427

Woops: wrong thread.
    Last edited by Gaius; 08-03-2021 at 08:08 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Been putting together something of a Wonder Rogues recommended reading list. Any of you have any stories you’d like to see put on it? Doesn’t have to be the most important ones or stuff from the main book, just anything you got some enjoyment out of.
    Probably Rucka's Rebirth run is my go to at this point, since it features Cheetah, Veronica, Circe, Deimos and Phobos, Dr. Cyber and Dr. Poison. And his first run is great for Ares, Psycho, Circe, Veronica and Medusa.

Cheetah:
    Wonder Woman (Vol 1). #6
    Wonder Woman (Vol. 2) #9, 28-31
    Justice, perhaps as a separate general recommendation though since she's only one part of it.

Circe:
    Wonder Woman (Vol. 2) #17-19, 174-176

Ares:
    Gods and Mortals, natch
    Wonder Woman Earth One Volume 3

Dr. Psycho:
    Wonder Woman (Vol. 1) #5
    Wonder Woman (Vol. 2). #54-55
    Wonder Woman Earth One Volume 2

Villainy Inc.
    Wonder Woman (Vol. 1). #28
    Wonder Woman (Vol. 2) #179-185

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Probably Rucka's Rebirth run is my go to at this point, since it features Cheetah, Veronica, Circe, Deimos and Phobos, Dr. Cyber and Dr. Poison. And his first run is great for Ares, Psycho, Circe, Veronica and Medusa.

Cheetah:
    Wonder Woman (Vol 1). #6
    Wonder Woman (Vol. 2) #9, 28-31
    Justice, perhaps as a separate general recommendation though since she's only one part of it.

Circe:
    Wonder Woman (Vol. 2) #17-19, 174-176

Ares:
    Gods and Mortals, natch
    Wonder Woman Earth One Volume 3

Dr. Psycho:
    Wonder Woman (Vol. 1) #5
    Wonder Woman (Vol. 2). #54-55
    Wonder Woman Earth One Volume 2

Villainy Inc.
    Wonder Woman (Vol. 1). #28
    Wonder Woman (Vol. 2) #179-185
    Yeah, Rucka's two runs made up a big part of what I've put together so far. If he had a better Poison in his second, he'd have a mostly spotless record with her rogues

I was also going to put Justice for Giganta but same logic as Cheetah for that since she's only a part of that but also doesn't face Diana in it.

Been putting together something of a Wonder Rogues recommended reading list. Any of you have any stories you’d like to see put on it? Doesn’t have to be the most important ones or stuff from the main book, just anything you got some enjoyment out of.
    Sensation Comics Vol 1 #22 for Pricilla/Cheetah is one I highly recommend as well.

And Wonder Woman Vol.2 #9 of course, for Barbara. I also kind-of like Wonder Woman Vol.4 #23.1.

And I guess for like, and amalgam Cheetah, Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman #40 is fun.

(Is that too much Cheetah? Is there such a thing?)
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 07-31-2021 at 02:36 PM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Sensation Comics Vol 1 #22 for Pricilla/Cheetah is one I highly recommend as well.

And Wonder Woman Vol.2 #9 of course, for Barbara. I also kind-of like Wonder Woman Vol.4 #23.1.

And I guess for like, and amalgam Cheetah, Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman #40 is fun.

(Is that too much Cheetah? Is there such a thing?)
    Good stuff.

Good stuff.

Huh! "The Dance of the Cheetah!" Who knew, lol?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Good stuff.

Look at Diana, cheering her on in the background. So cute! So supportive!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Huh! "The Dance of the Cheetah!" Who knew, lol?
    The best part is, after cutting-a-rug on the dance floor, Wonder Woman compliment Cheetah on her dancing which caused her to switch to her Pricilla personality and save the day.

Wonder Woman will kill you…with kindness and compliments!
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 07-31-2021 at 03:30 PM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Look at Diana, cheering her on in the background. So cute! So supportive!

The best part is, after cutting-a-rug on the dance floor, Wonder Woman compliment Cheetah on her dancing which caused her to switch to her Pricilla personality and save the day.

Wonder Woman will kill you…with kindness and compliments!
    That is what makes WW so special and why I love her!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

For Cheetah: Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman #12-13 (one of her best fights)

For Dr Psycho: WW vol. 2 #65, 114

For Duke of Deception: Legend of Wonder Woman

Does Shim'Tar count as a version of Dr Cyber? If so, then the Bana-Mighdall arc is a good showing both for her and for Cheetah. IIRC, Cyber was also the main villain in the WW 77'/ Bionic Woman team-up, but I don't know if it's any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    For Cheetah: Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman #12-13 (one of her best fights)

For Dr Psycho: WW vol. 2 #65, 114

For Duke of Deception: Legend of Wonder Woman

Does Shim'Tar count as a version of Dr Cyber? If so, then the Bana-Mighdall arc is a good showing both for her and for Cheetah. IIRC, Cyber was also the main villain in the WW 77'/ Bionic Woman team-up, but I don't know if it's any good.
    Eh, I think there'd need to be bit more evidence on the page of Shim'Tar being a reboot of Cyber than just sharing base concepts like being a female cyborg.

Definitely was going to put down LoWW for the Duke, should have used something like that for a movie adaptation.

The recent Batman/Superman book positioned Zod and Ra's al Ghul as their respective equivalents in their rogues galleries, I thought Circe would make good equivalent to that also as an alternate "evil trinity" that usually pops up with Lex, Joker, and Cheetah.
    I’m not sure Circe actually works thematically in that Trinity though. Ra’s and Zod are both “evil counterparts” to their respective heroes. Ra’s is a nut who is both a genius and a master of combat, who has devoted himself to a higher cause no matter the cost. Zod is a Kryptonian survivor who has the same powers as Kal but lacks any empathy for humanity, only caring about restoring Krypton. Circe isn’t really a direct “evil counterpart” like either of those two, Diana’s most obvious “evil counterpart” would probably be Grail but Grail sucks lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m not sure Circe actually works thematically in that Trinity though. Ra’s and Zod are both “evil counterparts” to their respective heroes. Ra’s is a nut who is both a genius and a master of combat, who has devoted himself to a higher cause no matter the cost. Zod is a Kryptonian survivor who has the same powers as Kal but lacks any empathy for humanity, only caring about restoring Krypton. Circe isn’t really a direct “evil counterpart” like either of those two, Diana’s most obvious “evil counterpart” would probably be Grail but Grail sucks lol.
    Devastation is truly Diana's evil counterpart, right down to the totem-is-given-life-and-powers-by-deities part.

I wouldn't say it's as consistent as those two but Circe's usually been positioned as something of an "evil counterpart" by writers. Perez probably did this the most in his run with the origin he gave her there, Jimenez also went with this in his run on contrasting the mother/daughter relationship of Diana and Hippolyta with Circe and her daughter. More recently a story in Black and Gold even went this route.

I'd say the main thing she lacks that makes her comparable is not really a sympathetic, "well, your not wrong" motivation. Ra's = humans are ruining the planet, Zod = Krpyton was destroyed, I want to build a new one. While Circe's motivations range pretty greatly depending on the writer.

From the old characters I think Queen Clea is the most suited for an evil counterpart (though I guess more to Hippolyta than Diana). And maybe Gundra to some extent.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I think with Diana being all about "truth", Circe being about "deceit" is a good parallel to have. I wouldnt mind Grail as I still very much enjoy her and she just needs a proper writer again.