Page 116 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2427

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    That head-dress on Circe needs to go, lol.
    Disagree. It's the sort of ridiculous and ostentation thing that mere mortals would never be ABLE to wear, which is why Circe would wear it: just to flaunt her powers.
    Uh-ggg yeah what's up with his face. It's like they tried to make him handsome but then gave him zombie skin-care, which in that case just give him a skull for a face.
    He's a Greek god. If he was to dress and act like Fabio people would line up just to pay him for his autograph.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Disagree. It's the sort of ridiculous and ostentation thing that mere mortals would never be ABLE to wear, which is why Circe would wear it: just to flaunt her powers.
    To flaunt her neck muscles.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

She seemingly is strong enough to count as superhuman there, even when not using her powers to enhance her natural strength.

Witch of Steel.

Anyways, Bat-God courtesy of Phobos.

Chris Marinnan.

Todd Nauck

k0raKumori

Alan Kupperberg

Joseph Mackie

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

The problem with Circe is that she doesn’t have a definitive look. Her looks are so drastic that she wouldn’t be instantly recognized in a lineup or a Legion of Doom situation. As far as powers go she is perfect for Wonderwoman though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    The problem with Circe is that she doesn’t have a definitive look. Her looks are so drastic that she wouldn’t be instantly recognized in a lineup or a Legion of Doom situation. As far as powers go she is perfect for Wonderwoman though.
    Ehh, that just takes one popular film. Then, comics, animation, merchandise, etc., will adapt to the look. We see that already with the 2017 Wonder Woman and even the Golden Armor Wonder Woman from 1984 is easily recognizable and was even translated into the comics, merchandise, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I very-much agree. The Perez look is still the most iconic, but if you hold up a picture to a casual fan who only knows the most basic Wonder Woman lore, they probably wouldn't know who she is.

Another problem with Circe, (which her constantly changing appearance plays heavily into) is that she's probably the least-known, of the popular Wonder Woman villains (again, among more casual audiences who probably never picked up a comic book).

The way I see it, the top 5 most well known and recognizable Wonder Woman villains are:

- Cheetah: The most used WW villain in DC, the most merchandised, the most appearances in outside media (by a lot).

- Max Lord: (pains me to say it) Pedro Pascal is at the height of his carrier, so even if casual people don't recognize Max Lords name, they will still know him as "the guy Pedro played in the movie" Plus both Cheetah and Max Lord have an advantage being the most recent WW villains in the movies.

- Ares: Still a well known Wonder Woman villain. First movie aside, everyone already knew she fights him, despite other outside appearances being slim.

- Giganta: Has the second most outside media uses after Cheetah, plus a very recognizable and unforgettable power-set and look.

- Dr. Psycho: Got a lot of recognition because of the Harley Quinn show and being a series regular and all that, coupled with funny moments that made him memorable.

Unfortunately Circe has almost no presence outside of Wonder Woman comics (and Silver Age, Superman and Supergirl). She has one episode in Justice League: Unlimited (it was quite memorable, though), one episode in Justice League Action. A small handful of video game appearances, all of which are obscure. She's not even in Lego: Super Villains...

Circe needs some of that outside media attention, that will help give her get a definitive look along with just being more recognizable in general. (Recognizable in relation to DC anyway, not pop culture. She's already got the latter. )
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 08-09-2021 at 08:30 PM.

Unfortunately Circe has almost no presence outside of Wonder Woman comics (and Silver Age, Superman and Supergirl). She has one episode in Justice League: Unlimited (it was quite memorable, though), one episode in Justice League Action. A small handful of video game appearances, all of which are obscure. She's not even in Lego: Super Villains...

Circe needs some of that outside media attention, that will help give her get a definitive look along with just being more recognizable in general. (Recognizable in relation to DC anyway, not pop culture. She's already got the latter. )
    I'd say a part of it's because there's comparatively little solo Wonder Woman multimedia material. So since her lion's share of appearances are going to be team/ensemble stuff Diana's villain counterpart will default to Cheetah because of Super Friends. And most don't even know Giganta is a WW villain.

Ares of course pops up in stuff in '09 and the 2017 film because of it being an origin adaptation.

JL Action and that DC Universe MMO flipped the script and made Circe Diana's villain rep over Cheetah but those things aren't really the first things that come to people's minds of DC products.

Could be solved by stuff like an WW animated show but we all saw this year how WB/DC decided to go with Diana's next animated incarnation...

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Ehh, that just takes one popular film. Then, comics, animation, merchandise, etc., will adapt to the look. We see that already with the 2017 Wonder Woman and even the Golden Armor Wonder Woman from 1984 is easily recognizable and was even translated into the comics, merchandise, etc.
    See also: Bloodsport. His comic costume sucked but his TSS costume is quickly becoming a fan favorite. If Circe shows up in a movie I expect whatever she wears will become her iconic “look” just like how Diana wears Gal’s outfit.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I think it's pretty easy to come up with something memorable for Circe as long as they don't take any inspiration from Rebirth.

I prefer something green and purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's pretty easy to come up with something memorable for Circe as long as they don't take any inspiration from Rebirth.

I prefer something green and purple.
    I prefer Circe having multiple looks since I think it does with her personality, so I didn't mind that look, but I realize that's also not good for WB/DC's merchandising and branding.

I liked this as an update of her Perez look.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'd say a part of it's because there's comparatively little solo Wonder Woman multimedia material. So since her lion's share of appearances are going to be team/ensemble stuff Diana's villain counterpart will default to Cheetah because of Super Friends. And most don't even know Giganta is a WW villain.

Ares of course pops up in stuff in '09 and the 2017 film because of it being an origin adaptation.

JL Action and that DC Universe MMO flipped the script and made Circe Diana's villain rep over Cheetah but those things aren't really the first things that come to people's minds of DC products.

Could be solved by stuff like an WW animated show but we all saw this year how WB/DC decided to go with Diana's next animated incarnation...
    Yeah that's defiantly 90% of the problem. (Honestly, with Wonder Woman mythos in general, not just Circe, lol.)

Yeah that's defiantly 90% of the problem. (Honestly, with Wonder Woman mythos in general, not just Circe, lol.)
    Given how much Bloodlines threw everything but the kitchen sink in to it, I was surprised they didn't find a way to work her in also.