Page 124 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2427

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I quite enjoy Tsarina, the Queen of Fables. I’ve been working on a story idea for her - I think she’s vastly underestimated.

(The comical version in the Harley Quinn animated series is fun too. I love Wanda Sykes.)

Attachment 112921
    Can't say I've ever really been won over on Queen of Fables. Always came off as kind of one-note or just discount Circe.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Bilquis Evely

Really hoping Cloonan and Conrad do more with the Cheetah/Cale feud. It was one of my favorite developments in Rucka's run, and Robinson and Wilson touched upon it but in lame unsatisfying ways.

And where the holy hell is Dr. Cyber at.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Really hoping Cloonan and Conrad do more with the Cheetah/Cale feud. It was one of my favorite developments in Rucka's run, and Robinson and Wilson touched upon it but in lame unsatisfying ways.

Yeah, lot of wasted stuff since Rucka's Rebirth run.

Gundra and Psycho's appearances in the Norse arc were a good sign but hoping once the book's back on Earth that means more use of her rogues.
    Last edited by Gaius; 08-22-2021 at 10:47 AM.

Wilson did just drop Dr. Cyber off the Cale dynamic all together, didn’t she…

Also if Cheetah’s first appearance since the whole Infinity Frontier stuff started in is Deathstroke of all things, not sure how I’m gonna feel about that. Don’t really wanna read a non WW adjacent series to understand what she’s been up to since Diana croaked.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 08-22-2021 at 11:08 AM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Yeah, lot of wasted stuff since Rucka's Rebirth run.

Gundra and Psycho's appearances in the Norse arc were a good sign but hoping once the book's back on Earth that means more use of her rogues.
    I’m glad they said they are interested in “building upon” Diana’s existing characters than just ignoring them and making up their own all the time.

Well I for one don't. I liked the Rucka run for the most part, but Cale just doesn't really have anywhere interesting to go, and the things I liked about that version of Barbara Minerva/ Cheetah don't really make her useful for further stories. I mean, what new story would one tell with her at this point? I don't really wanna see Diana struggle again with Barbara's redemption, nor do I wanna see Cheetah look for some kind of power up just to kill Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Wilson did just drop Dr. Cyber off the Cale dynamic all together, didn’t she…

Also if Cheetah’s first appearance since the whole Infinity Frontier stuff started in is Deathstroke of all things, not sure how I’m gonna feel about that. Don’t really wanna read a non WW adjacent series to understand what she’s been up to since Diana croaked.
    The only Deathstroke solo stuff I've ever read is some of Priest's stuff, so yeah I wouldn't check out this issue unless it has Cheetah giving Slade a worse mauling than Cale got.

I’m glad they said they are interested in “building upon” Diana’s existing characters than just ignoring them and making up their own all the time.
    Well, Janus and Siggy are ones they did make up for this run.

But I do have more faith they'll building on Diana's pre-existing stuff.

Well, Janus and Siggy are ones they did make up for this run.

But I do have more faith they'll building on Diana's pre-existing stuff.
    Well, Janus has primary been a means to have Diana go multiverse hopping more than being an actual character.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Well I for one don't. I liked the Rucka run for the most part, but Cale just doesn't really have anywhere interesting to go, and the things I liked about that version of Barbara Minerva/ Cheetah don't really make her useful for further stories. I mean, what new story would one tell with her at this point? I don't really wanna see Diana struggle again with Barbara's redemption, nor do I wanna see Cheetah look for some kind of power up just to kill Diana.
    One of Barbara’s most constant character traits is her desire for adventure. Plenty of chaos could ensue from that, especially with a super-powered sociopath involved.

Plus the Deathstroke issue she’s appearing in has her in charge of an entire realm, you really Cheetah’s is that close to a dead end narratively speaking? Other writers don’t seem to think so.
    Heck, plenty of writers still find ways to make Joker and Luthor, relevant.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 08-22-2021 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Typo

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I don't really see how Rebirth Barbara is any more ill suited for future stories than Perez's version of Barbara or the classic Priscilla. Both of those were always looking for power ups to kill Diana (same as any villain), and going back and forth on redemption was a classic set up for Cheetah going all the way back to Priscilla (and Rebirth Barbara had aspects of Priscilla folded into her). So what's diferent?

Cale is basically Golden Age Paula von Gunther in reverse. She has her daughter back, but one good thing Wilson at least touched upon was that it wasn't a magical redemption for her nor does that mean she and Diana are going to be ok with each other. Cale could continue their feud because her pride was so damaged by the whole ordeal and Diana is the only one she can take her anger out on (along with being misplacing the blame for all of it on Diana in the first place). Which, as her daughter has no issue with Diana and even bonded with the Amazons, Cale's ongoing villainy would drive a further wedge between her and her daughter that could lead to good drama. They could also bring in Leslie Anderson as Adrianna's sister, establish what her relationship with Veronica is like in this continuity, and have her react to Veronica making a villainous A.I. based on her dead sister (plus all the interactions Dr. Cyber could have with Leslie). And finally Circe had some of Izzy's blood that she is keeping for insurance that has yet to be picked up on. There are a LOT of interpersonal dynamics between Cale and the other villains a good writer could play with

The only Deathstroke solo stuff I've ever read is some of Priest's stuff, so yeah I wouldn't check out this issue unless it has Cheetah giving Slade a worse mauling than Cale got.
    Apparently Deathstroke has been hired by a new organization called T.R.U.S.T to take down heavy-hitting villains along with Black Canary, and their first target is Cyborg-Superman, with Cheetah being their second target.

Although Deathstroke and Black Canary taking down villains that strong seems weird to me. Even if this organization is giving them “Deus Ex Machina” gadgets.

Apparently Deathstroke has been hired by a new organization called T.R.U.S.T to take down heavy-hitting villains along with Black Canary, and their first target is Cyborg-Superman, with Cheetah being their second target.

Although Deathstroke and Black Canary taking down villains that strong seems weird to me. Even if this organization is giving them “Deus Ex Machina” gadgets.
    Shame it's not Black Canary vs. Cheetah.

'Cause now we lose out of the all the Cat and the Canary puns.

Shame it's not Black Canary vs. Cheetah.

'Cause now we lose out of the all the Cat and the Canary puns.
    A shame indeed.

Strap Canary into the golden eagle armor would’ve been a bonus.

"Like the rat hates the weasel."

lol what?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    "Like the rat hates the weasel."

lol what?
    I guess cuz weasels eat rats?

Oh Perez and his extravagant phrases, lol.