Page 145 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2427

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I think actually Artemis would closer to a "Jason Todd" of the the Wonder Woman family.

But yeah, seems whenever the Swan pops up it's Vanessa so I think that's who DC settled on.
    Yeah, Artemis kinda is the Jason Todd character, lol.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    I think Wonder Woman's got a lot of villains who could be modernized and made useful.

I put Mouse Man and the Human Firework in this story because I like them a lot, and knew how I'd want to revise them, and while I may not ever do an ongoing WW series, why not take advantage of this opportunity to show off a little bit of how I'd play them.

Mouse Man is not a lot of use in a fight, but he makes a dandy industrial spy/saboteur. The Human Firework blows up! What's not cool about that?

And Dr. Cyber I'd already revamped, with Tom Grummett doing the new design, in POWER COMPANY, and so I was happy to use her, too. Her motivations are actually more complex than "I want to rule the world," but this is a simple story and I didn't have much room, so why muddy it up?

Revamping WW's old foes could be a lot of fun. It was here, even for just a few pages.

kdb
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I think it must be very hard, creating a natural enemy for WW, since we haven't really figured out what she's doing, since World War II.

I've heard writers present multiple reasons to justify Cheetah's villainy.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Does the axe have to be a W/eagle sign? XD

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    "Put your logo on everything. It's good branding." -Myndi Mayer probably.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

From Drew Johnsons' DA page:

Scans from an unpublished Diana vs Cheetah story.

I'm guessing it's on the toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The supervillain's heart's desire must always threaten what is most important to the superhero. I look at this idiosyncratically iconic George Perez work, and I ask myself, "What the #"(* does Circe want? Enough ground-up pig people to make a skin cream? What the #"(* does she want?"

No wonder he blew her @$$ up, at the end of WOGs.

https://wondabunga.blogspot.com/2021...crash-lab.html

I love George, as an accomplished Latino and an artist. He redeemed Hercules, who left Olympus to fight at the side of his Amazon sisters, in their darkest hour, in WOGS. He gave Wonder Woman a human family and a city to care about - wrong family and wrong city, but, he had the right idea, giving the WW comic, a regular cast and iconic setting, like the other great superhero comics. He established sisterhood, between Diana and Donna Troy. Writers should listen to him, more, because George knew what the hell he was doing.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 10-28-2021 at 01:51 PM. Reason: clarity
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

From Drew Johnsons' DA page:

Scans from an unpublished Diana vs Cheetah story.
    That story was eventually published in Sensational WW and it's quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I'm guessing it's on the toilet paper.

The supervillain's heart's desire must always threaten what is most important to the superhero. I look at this idiosyncratically iconic George Perez work, and I ask myself, "What the #"(* does Circe want? Enough ground-up pig people to make a skin cream? What the #"(* does she want?"

No wonder he blew her @$$ up, at the end of WOGs.

https://wondabunga.blogspot.com/2021...crash-lab.html
    Well, one of the tenets of character writing 101: what does the character want? This doesn't need to be precisely defined. That can actually limit your options. But there needs to be at least a vague idea as to what it should be. what is that for Circe? Well that varies a LOT by the story Circe is used in. In some cases it seems to be little more than boredom. In one story she wanted to rescue her daughter from Wonder Woman. Yeah it varies quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    That story was eventually published in Sensational WW and it's quite good.
    Thanks. I'll check it out.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    "Put your logo on everything. It's good branding." -Myndi Mayer probably.
    If you're going to have a logo, you might as well post it on your stuff. If we are going to have Wonder Weaponry, might as well make it profitable...

Do any of Wonder Woman's foes have logos? Things like the Lex Corp "L" or Harley's diamonds could go a long way.

Say you were the Edna Mode or Wonder Supervillainy, what logos or themes would fit Wonder Woman's rogues? I'm thinking a Blue snowflake or snowman for Byrna Brillyant, perhaps a Crimson Flame for Zara...

Cheetah spots for both Cheetah and Giganta.

Cheetah spots for both Cheetah and Giganta.
    I thought Giganta was Giraffe?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I thought Giganta was Giraffe?
    The patches that artists put on Giganta’s costume are supposed to evoke giraffes (at least I think so) but every time I see them I think of Cheetah’s spots!
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.