Page 146 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2427

Can we get a petition for a limited series by Kurt Busiek set in his Black and Gold WW universe?
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I think it must be very hard, creating a natural enemy for WW, since we haven't really figured out what she's doing, since World War II.
    I don't think it's that hard.

Just pick something important about Wonder Woman and build a villain who threatens that or bring out that aspect of her.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post

Just pick something important about Wonder Woman and build a villain who threatens that or bring out that aspect of her.

kdb
    Well, many years ago, MaRo(Mark Rosewater) who, at least at the time, spent most of his writing thinking up flavor text for Magic the Gathering cards wrote a blog about how to write villains. This wasn't an in-depth analysis of good story directions, or bad tropes to use. This was a very simple analysis of what make a villain relevant in the story you wrote. He takes 4 bullet points and discusses why they are significant in a story(then after discussing story writing applies that to MtG card design). And despite the article ostensibly being about Nicol Bolas and MtG card design, he actually uses some comic book examples in the piece. https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...col-2009-04-06

But anyways, one of his bullet point is: "#4 – The Villain Should Be More Powerful Than the Hero" This doesn't mean that the hero doesn't have SOME advantage. Obviously they need to have a way to win, but more that in order to be a proper threat the Villain needs some "unfair" advantage that the hero can't match.

The other three points are about the way the hero and villain relate to each other. What is the focus of the conflict, what is the cause of the conflict, what about the hero and villain causes them to have a conflict? It's a simple look at it, but still salient.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post

kdb
    This makes quite alot of sense. ^.^

A villain to challenge Wonder Womans 'faster than Mercury'? Bring in Cheetah
    Besting Wonder Womans 'Stronger than Hercules?' Toss in Giganta
    Wonder Womans 'Wise as athena'? Doctor Cyber
    As beautiful as Aphrodite even has a contemporary in that original Silver Swan.

An evil counterpart to the Amazons who are like a dark mirror to the Amazons and their way of life? Queen Clea and her Atlantean nation of Venturia in a nutshell.
    A villain who directly opposes Wonder Womans efforts of bringing peace to the world? Ares so very much
    A baddy who parralels Wonder Womans definition as 'the spirit of truth'? Thats the Duke of Deception.

Villains like Decay, Eviless and Doctor Psycho go after people and places Wonder Woman cares about.

Possibilities are quite endless from Wonder Womans expansive rogues gallery

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    This makes quite alot of sense. ^.^

A villain to challenge Wonder Womans 'faster than Mercury'? Bring in Cheetah
    Besting Wonder Womans 'Stronger than Hercules?' Toss in Giganta
    Wonder Womans 'Wise as athena'? Doctor Cyber
    As beautiful as Aphrodite even has a contemporary in that original Silver Swan.

An evil counterpart to the Amazons who are like a dark mirror to the Amazons and their way of life? Queen Clea and her Atlantean nation of Venturia in a nutshell.
    A villain who directly opposes Wonder Womans efforts of bringing peace to the world? Ares so very much
    A baddy who parralels Wonder Womans definition as 'the spirit of truth'? Thats the Duke of Deception.

Villains like Decay, Eviless and Doctor Psycho go after people and places Wonder Woman cares about.

Possibilities are quite endless from Wonder Womans expansive rogues gallery

Well said. There are so many missed opportunities for the Wonder-rogues.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Phil Jimenez

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Phil Jimenez

IS that one of the original Silver Swans (Valerie, Helen) and Ares?

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    IS that one of the original Silver Swans (Valerie, Helen) and Ares?
    Nah, Cassie.

Nah, Cassie.
    Oh!, this is based on that arc where Cassie was the champion of Ares isn't it?

Nah, Cassie.
    Thanks! I don't know why the first thing I thought was "Ares and SS" (maybe cuz of the SS's original connection to Mars?)

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Thanks! I don't know why the first thing I thought was "Ares and SS" (maybe cuz of the SS's original connection to Mars?)
    Probably an alternate world out there where Vanessa is Wonder Girl and Cassie is the Silver Swan.

Probably an alternate world out there where Vanessa is Wonder Girl and Cassie is the Silver Swan.
    Sounds like a cool Elseworlds story we'll never get.

I kind of miss the Silver Swan/Cassie rivalry. Lotta drama in those stories.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Oh!, this is based on that arc where Cassie was the champion of Ares isn't it?
    Probably

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I kind of miss the Silver Swan/Cassie rivalry. Lotta drama in those stories.
    Yeah, seemed Jimenez wanted her to be as much as Cassie villain as for Diana.