Page 148 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2427
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Creative team info for the 'Tis The Season To Be Freezin' special which will feature two WW villains (Minister Blizzard will be in the JLQ story):

Preview of the JLQ story.

Pyscho is in the preview for issue #781

Excuse me, what is Psycho doing on a talk show? Lol.

And he wrote a book?! XD
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Vordan did a write up on some Wonder Woman villains (and Max Lord) on their blog. Some interesting pitches.
    Last edited by Gaius; 11-06-2021 at 12:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Vordan did a write up on some Wonder Woman villains (and Max Lord) on their blog.

I love their idea for Dr. Poison:

Ok I think this is a rare case where Rucka’s Rebirth revamp wasn’t an improvement. Look at her, Poison looks cool and fucking terrifying. Roll with her being an absolute sociopath who is only interested in creating better and better bioweapons. All Poison cares about is continuing her research into toxins, plagues, and all kinds of sicknesses. There’s no one she won’t work with, no job she won’t take, no man, woman, or child she won’t experiment on to finish her life’s work. Her dream is to create the ultimate poison, one utterly incurable, and who better to be a test subject upon which to test her creations than the immortal Princess of Themyscira? God help us all if Poison succeeds in achieving her goal, for the probability of her simply storing such a creation on a shelf is.. unlikely.

They posted this design for Red Panzer. Does anyone know where it's from?

Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post

Ok I think this is a rare case where Rucka’s Rebirth revamp wasn’t an improvement. Look at her, Poison looks cool and fucking terrifying. Roll with her being an absolute sociopath who is only interested in creating better and better bioweapons. All Poison cares about is continuing her research into toxins, plagues, and all kinds of sicknesses. There’s no one she won’t work with, no job she won’t take, no man, woman, or child she won’t experiment on to finish her life’s work. Her dream is to create the ultimate poison, one utterly incurable, and who better to be a test subject upon which to test her creations than the immortal Princess of Themyscira? God help us all if Poison succeeds in achieving her goal, for the probability of her simply storing such a creation on a shelf is.. unlikely.

Isn't that description pretty much who she was in the first Wonder Woman film, minus testing her poisons on Diana who was immune.

They should strip Red Panzer of the Nazi symbols - as that limits who can respond to the character on platforms like Youtube. The designs for the character are killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post

Not sure, I think if I were incharge of a Panzer revamp. I'd have him constantly trying to upgrade his look to compete with WW. Sort of like an evil fascist version of Iron Man.

I believe there are as many Red Panzers as there are Cheetahs at this point. Quite an enduring mantle for such an obscure villain.
    Last edited by Psy-lock; 11-06-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Isn't that description pretty much who she was in the first Wonder Woman film, minus testing her poisons on Diana who was immune.

They should strip Red Panzer of the Nazi symbols - as that limits who can respond to the character on platforms like Youtube. The designs for the character are killer.

Kind of but I'm hoping that DC makes her like that in main DCU/Wonder Woman solo book.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Yeah I saw that Red Panzer look and grabbed it, but I can’t remember where I saved it from lol. It’s so cool looking, Red Panzer has a bunch of really awesome outfits yet hasn’t caught on. That’s so weird given 90% of what makes a villain stick is the look (see: Venom for proof).

If I’m given WW and I want to “make my mark”, I’m going to try to write the definitive Red Panzer and Minister Blizzard stories. Nobody has done anything with those two yet, Geoff Johns of all people had the most interesting pitch for them in Myrina’s offhand comment about stopping Blizzard and his religious fanatics and Panzer and his fascist legions in Darkseid War. Wish someone would write stories about Diana taking those two on.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah I saw that Red Panzer look and grabbed it, but I can’t remember where I saved it from lol. It’s so cool looking, Red Panzer has a bunch of really awesome outfits yet hasn’t caught on. That’s so weird given 90% of what makes a villain stick is the look (see: Venom for proof).

If I’m given WW and I want to “make my mark”, I’m going to try to write the definitive Red Panzer and Minister Blizzard stories. Nobody has done anything with those two yet, Geoff Johns of all people had the most interesting pitch for them in Myrina’s offhand comment about stopping Blizzard and his religious fanatics and Panzer and his fascist legions in Darkseid War. Wish someone would write stories about Diana taking those two on.
    I thought the LoWW short story was on to something by connecting him and Paula (both Nazis) even though he was pretty much a James Bond henchman there. I guess if I were to bring him into the main continuity, I'd have him takeover the remnants of Paula's organization from Orlando's run.
    Last edited by Gaius; 11-06-2021 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I thought the LoWW short story was on to something but connecting him and Paula (both Nazis) even though he was pretty much a James Bond henchman there. I guess if I were to bring him into the main continuity, I'd have him takeover the remnants of Paula's organization from Orlando's run.
    Him and Paula teaming up makes all the sense in the world to me. He should be the Darth Vader to her Emperor, the enforcer who strikes fear into Paula’s enemies. Pairing the two of them together is such an obvious idea I’m shocked nobody has done it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Is JLQ an all-queer superhero team? That is awesome!

And Minister Blizzard is sooooooo cool (pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Is JLQ an all-queer superhero team? That is awesome!

And Minister Blizzard is sooooooo cool (pun intended).
    Yup
    its roster consists of
    Apollo and Midnighter (gay couple)
    Tazmanian Devil and Extrano (gay couple)
    Natasha Irons Steel and Traci 13 (gay couple)
    Aerie and Shining Knight (non binary)
    Wink (not actually sure? though shes dating Aerie)
    Aqualad, Batwoman, Crush, Bunker, and Ray (gay)
    Tremor (ace)
    and a new character for the book named Syl whose the guy with the plant powers (gay)

Sadly theres no Wonder character on the team though as packed as the group is already...