Page 15 of 162 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I'm in love!

Wonder Woman would make such a wonderful animated show. From realistic threats, to horror, to high fantasy, and even mythology. Wonder Woman covers it all.
    That’s what I’d hope for an animated series too. Though I’d hope a potential one would avoid what they did on Superman: TAS with the New Gods where they have to bring in other characters because they think the existing rogue roster is lame.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Very nice!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Mighty Member

Looking at Baroness von Gunther up there in Brave and the Bold, do you guys feel that it was a proper modernization of the character? Aside from Steve calling her a "Goose Stepping Harpy" (great insult by the way) they didn't seem to allude to Nazis at all; yet she was still some sort of military leader who was trying to conquer the world. She even had a Dr. Doom suit.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Looking at Baroness von Gunther up there in Brave and the Bold, do you guys feel that it was a proper modernization of the character? Aside from Steve calling her a "Goose Stepping Harpy" (great insult by the way) they didn't seem to allude to Nazis at all; yet she was still some sort of military leader who was trying to conquer the world. She even had a Dr. Doom suit.

This is how she should be modernized. Personally, I thought Colonel Poison should have been Paula/Warmaster in the Rebirth continuity and have her be the leader of Team SEAR. Connecting Paula to Nazis limits her appeal, what stories she can be used in, and her media adaptations, especially if you set it in modern continuity.

Well, there are the WW2-era stahlhelms the henchmen are wearing.

I like Paula enough but her Golden Age counterpart is one of those things about Golden Age Wonder Woman that has aged rather poorly in my opinion.

Plus a lot of stuff that was originally her has been subsumed by other villains.

Looking at Baroness von Gunther up there in Brave and the Bold, do you guys feel that it was a proper modernization of the character? Aside from Steve calling her a "Goose Stepping Harpy" (great insult by the way) they didn't seem to allude to Nazis at all . . .
    I seemed to me like Marvel had been going out of their way to avoid "Nazis" in the first Captain America movie, trying to replace then with an earlier version of HYDRA.

Phobos/Batman, Deimos/Joker, and Eris/Ivy

Some of the many looks of Circe

Last edited by Gaius; 01-22-2021 at 10:23 PM.

Can’t decide if I like red haired Circe or purple haired Circe more. Love the tri-moon symbol for Circe though, they should let her keep that as her “logo”.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Purple or magenta for me.

I've always thought this cover was rad, but perhaps I'm a scumbag.

Wonder Woman Vol. 3, #4. Art by the Dodsons and Alex Sinclaire.

Circe.jpg

She and Giganta are probably my favorite Wonder Woman villains.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Can’t decide if I like red haired Circe or purple haired Circe more. Love the tri-moon symbol for Circe though, they should let her keep that as her “logo”.

I like the purple better. It's more unique in the DCU IMO.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Purple hair, what Dr. Poison said it makes her standout more.

Some of the many looks of Circe

Anybody remember when a different version of Circe appeared in Justice League of America #102 back in 1972?

I don't know if they've ever connected that version of Circe to the one Wonder Woman has dealt with over the years.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Who's the ^^^ thick-necked person between Medusa and Veronica???