Page 150 of 162 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2427
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Damn thats tight i love cheetahs design her face looks amazing everyone looks good

Lee Bermejo

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Lee Bermejo

Sword and shield issues aside (though it at least fits the aesthetic this is going for), this image is dope AF.

I know it's not myth accurate either, but I always liked this look for Medusa since seeing it in Clash of the Titans. She looks so much more frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Sword and shield issues aside (though it at least fits the aesthetic this is going for), this image is dope AF.

I know it's not myth accurate either, but I always liked this look for Medusa since seeing it in Clash of the Titans. She looks so much more frightening.
    This is my preferred look to, my only complaint about her in Rucka's run was that I didn't care for the cheesecake designs for her and the other Gorgons. The otherwise forgettable remake of Clash of the Titans actually had an interesting concept where she still looks human in the face for the most part but then transforms into a more Gorgon-like appearance when she he uses her petrification stare.

Warrior Woman writers have been chasing and failing to top that WW vs. Medusa fight for almost 20 years by this point.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Lee Bermejo's art is absolutely stunning, but he definitely goes hard on Warrior Woman for most of his Diana drawings.

Honestly, he does this with a lot of heroes.

This is my preferred look to, my only complaint about her in Rucka's run was that I didn't care for the cheesecake designs for her and the other Gorgons. The otherwise forgettable remake of Clash of the Titans actually had an interesting concept where she still looks human in the face for the most part but then transforms into a more Gorgon-like appearance when she he uses her petrification stare.

Warrior Woman writers have been chasing and failing to top that WW vs. Medusa fight for almost 20 years by this point.
    I remember going in to see Clash of the Titans for the Medusa scene alone since that was my favorite part of the original movie.

I like both the snake lower-half and the mythologically arcuate one equally since I think the golden wings are also cool. But yeah, the Medusa cheesecake was especially funny since Diana at one point says, "Medusa was a monster, not for her looks but for her heart." or something like that. And I'm like, but she's not even that monstrous looking minus the snake hair. XD
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Lee Bermejo's art is absolutely stunning, but he definitely goes hard on Warrior Woman for most of his Diana drawings.

Honestly, he does this with a lot of heroes.

I remember going in to see Clash of the Titans for the Medusa scene alone since that was my favorite part of the original movie.

I like both the snake lower-half and the mythologically arcuate one equally since I think the golden wings are also cool. But yeah, the Medusa cheesecake was especially funny since Diana at one point says, "Medusa was a monster, not for her looks but for her heart." or something like that. And I'm like, but she's not even that monstrous looking minus the snake hair. XD
    Hmm, probably a controversial opinion but while I think Batman and Bat-related characters look great, I've also never really cared for his Superman or the times he does Wonder Woman.

Silver Swan from the first issue of Evolution

Spectacular Member

I do not like Vanessa as the Silver Swan. Didn't like it when Jimenez introduced it. Just pisses all over what George Perez set up with the character. Was glad to see Rucka give her some kind of redemption in his first run on the WW title and the short little story that Simone and Perez did in #600 where she was back to her normal self. Why is the editorial team enamored with Vanessa in the role of the Swan? It would be so easy to just go back to the original concept of the character, Helen Alexandros. Unfortunately, I guess the Vanessa Swan is here to stay.

Personally I’m a fan of Diana redeeming Vanessa as well, would rather she get redeemed over Mayfly.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The I.A.D.C. View Post
    I do not like Vanessa as the Silver Swan. Didn't like it when Jimenez introduced it. Just pisses all over what George Perez set up with the character. Was glad to see Rucka give her some kind of redemption in his first run on the WW title and the short little story that Simone and Perez did in #600 where she was back to her normal self. Why is the editorial team enamored with Vanessa in the role of the Swan? It would be so easy to just go back to the original concept of the character, Helen Alexandros. Unfortunately, I guess the Vanessa Swan is here to stay.
    I liked it when Jimenez introduced it as it was making use of a character Byrne replaced with his own OCs but Rucka was also right to have that resolved in his first arc.

But yeah, I haven't care for new turn as the Swan as it has none of the character history behind it as the original Vanessa did. Though I do like the costume, easily my favorite Swan design.

Wasn't she redeemed in #750? I'm not sure what to do with Rebirth Vanessa. Without her Post-Crisis history she's barely a footnote in Diana's life and wouldn't add much as a supporting character, but keeping a brainwashed victim a villain would make Diana look incompetent. Maybe keep her as the Swan but make her a hero like Valerie was for a hot minute?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I like the Vanessa version of the Silver Swan. She's Diana's Red Hood so to speak. That being said, I don't want Vanessa to be a straight up villain all of the time. More of an anti-hero who lashes out in anger at times, even towards her allies.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Maybe I'm in the minority here but I like the Vanessa version of the Silver Swan. She's Diana's Red Hood so to speak. That being said, I don't want Vanessa to be a straight up villain all of the time. More of an anti-hero who lashes out in anger at times, even towards her allies.
    Red Hood barely qualifies as a villain.

I'd say Artemis fills the "Red Hood" niche of Wonder Woman characters.