Page 160 of 162 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162 LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 2427
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess now that you mention it...Cheetah's Cheetah form, Circe's default look...
    Silver Swan, Veronica Cale, Gigantia...all short hair.

Have I become that obvious ?
    Not judging, we all have our posting habits.

I like this look even it's after Perez and Dodson for my preferred Circe looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Not judging, we all have our posting habits.

I like this look even it's after Perez and Dodson for my preferred Circe looks.
    I've probably said this before but I feel like I'd accept it more if it wasn't treated as Circe's default because it feels too casual for a "game face" or "I'm going to fight Wonder Woman" look.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I prefer Circe to be over the top, always wanting to one up Diana in the looks department, seeing mortals as beneth her.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer;5856372[B
    ]I prefer Circe to be over the top, [/B]always wanting to one up Diana in the looks department, seeing mortals as beneth her.
    I agree! The soccer mom in line at Starbucks is so boring. This is a visual medium and budget is no option with how you draw Circe - unlike a tv show or movie. Why they are choosing to show an all-powerful, immortal witch as someone working in middle management in a PR office is just confounding.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I agree! The soccer mom in line at Starbucks is so boring. This is a visual medium and budget is no option with how you draw Circe - unlike a tv show or movie. Why they are choosing to show an all-powerful, immortal witch as someone working in middle management in a PR office is just confounding.
    If we do get Circe in WW3, I hope they go as big and flamboyant with her as possible.

I've probably said this before but I feel like I'd accept it more if it wasn't treated as Circe's default because it feels too casual for a "game face" or "I'm going to fight Wonder Woman" look.
    I’ve that also and the only consistent I’d have between the looks is the purple hair.

I am so over this Circe design.
    All the wickedly fabulous looks she's had in the past, and they decided to give her a thoroughly boring look as the current default Circe appearance. I hope that this is not what they plan for WW3.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Maybe they consider her other looks “too sexy” or whatever. C’mon DC you can do more interesting than street clothes, I hate how they’re going to put Conner Kent in t-shirt and jeans again. I only like that look for Year One Superman lol, otherwise it’s just boring. An immortal sorceress-goddess should have a more iconic look!
    As a design by itself, it's perfectly fine for when she wants to be on the dl and interact with mortals. Like her first scene in Cale's office? It works great there.

But it would have been better if she shifted to something like her Dodson look when she went to confront Diana.

Mighty Member

What is it with comic books not wanting to embrace the absurd outfits, even when it doesn't make sense (do any of you care if your pet thinks you look silly because you aren't naked? Someone like Circe should be as over the top as possible)? It takes me back to the Nolan Batman movie era, where even something as simple as Penguin (chubby man wearing a tuxedo, top hat, monocle with a concealed gun in an umbrella) was seen as too silly.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    As a design by itself, it's perfectly fine for when she wants to be on the dl and interact with mortals. Like her first scene in Cale's office? It works great there.

But it would have been better if she shifted to something like her Dodson look when she went to confront Diana.
    Yeah, I think the big mistake in her issue during the Godwatch arc is that they didn't show her transforming into a "true form" state to intimidate everyone or at least show us what her real Supervillalin look is.

She did it later in the witching hour saga

Last edited by Sebastianne; 12-17-2021 at 01:55 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    She did it later in the witching hour saga

For me, my issue is that I think the normal look should only be for Circe's manipulative tactics. In the Witching Hour, Circe is manipulating the team the entire time. As the Pippy Longstalkings Goth, she is clearly villainous and would be impossible to trust. As the soccer mom who blends in and is almost forgettable, she can place herself in the perfect position to manipulate the people around her.

I want it clear that this is a disguise not to be DL or interact with mortals but to manipulate and trick people into lowering their guards. The latter seems truer to Circe and gives more purpose for why Circe would choose such a boring and forgettable look instead of one more glamourous and ostentatious, i.e. bigger hair, more bold clothing, more attractive, etc.

I like the one where you can actually see Ares better, you can tell by the sinister pose he's corrupting her and his gift may be a curse.

ARES WG 2.jpg