Page 2 of 162 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The Dodson cover for the Heinberg run that has all the villains is still one of my favorite WW images. The Heinberg story sucked, but I credit that run and the art for making me a fan of her rogues gallery.

That gathering of villains is close to what I want for her "core" rogues gallery. Maybe minus Osira and Kung, and swapping in the rest of Villainy Inc and Veronica Cale in their place.
    Yeah, the Heinberg story is kind of like Hush to me where the artwork is probably doing most of the heavy lifting.

Dodsons had a good Circe "battle" outfit too, imo. Shame it was rather short-lived as Circe was off the table rather shortly with Amazons Attack.

The Dodson cover for the Heinberg run that has all the villains is still one of my favorite WW images. The Heinberg story sucked, but I credit that run and the art for making me a fan of her rogues gallery.

That gathering of villains is close to what I want for her "core" rogues gallery. Maybe minus Osira and Kung, and swapping in the rest of Villainy Inc and Veronica Cale in their place.
    You're not a fan of Osira?

Definitely agree seeing those villains all working together was a highlight, and that cover is gorgeous. A little sad that the Villainy Inc. gals weren't there, but that's back when continuity mattered at least somewhat, and they were already established as 40's enemies.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, the Heinberg story is kind of like Hush to me where the artwork is probably doing most of the heavy lifting.

Dodsons had a good Circe "battle" outfit too, imo. Shame it was rather short-lived as Circe was off the table rather shortly with Amazons Attack.
    Yeah that's my favorite design for Circe and wish it could get used more. I loved how she was used in Rucka's second run, but she should have worn this when actually confronting Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    You're not a fan of Osira?

Definitely agree seeing those villains all working together was a highlight, and that cover is gorgeous. A little sad that the Villainy Inc. gals weren't there, but that's back when continuity mattered at least somewhat, and they were already established as 40's enemies.
    I like Osira well enough, it's just that she and Kung are probably at the bottom of the list compared to everyone else there and I view them as less "essential" compared to Veronica and the Villainy Inc ladies.

In general, I view WW's Rogues Gallery as being pretty much "complete" in the Golden Age so I'm not especially attached to any villains after that era save Veronica, Silver Swan, Dr. Cyber and Medusa (and the former is now pretty much the equivalent to Paula von Gunther). She and Captain Marvel (Billy) pretty much have the best rogues galleries in the Golden Age. Superman and Batman had the seeds for their galleries in the Golden Age, but they didn't really start to get good until Silver and beyond.

Yeah that's my favorite design for Circe and wish it could get used more. I loved how she was used in Rucka's second run, but she should have worn this when actually confronting Diana.
    Yeah, I wish it were kept around as it fits Circe to have different outfits for different occasions.

Anybody remember . . . Aegeus?

from Wonder Woman #297 (November 1982)

from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. I (March 1985)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Other superheroines WISHED they had a rogues gallery as large and diverse as Diana’s but none of them do.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Other superheroines WISHED they had a rogues gallery as large and diverse as Diana’s but none of them do.
    Swap out Dark Angel with a member of Villainy Inc or Strife/Eris and that’d be my ideal WW rogues gallery.

Aegeus had a fabulous reintroduction into Rebirth (after that dreadful use of him in New 52) where he was a merchant who sold stolen, mythical goods. I loved that direction for him and hope he comes back at some point.

Also yeah, never got Dark Angel. Leave her in limbo and replace her with Zara.

In general, I view WW's Rogues Gallery as being pretty much "complete" in the Golden Age so I'm not especially attached to any villains after that era save Veronica, Silver Swan, Dr. Cyber and Medusa (and the former is now pretty much the equivalent to Paula von Gunther). She and Captain Marvel (Billy) pretty much have the best rogues galleries in the Golden Age. Superman and Batman had the seeds for their galleries in the Golden Age, but they didn't really start to get good until Silver and beyond.
    I'm with ya on that. But I'm a sucker for Osira's pink pyramid powers.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm with ya on that. But I'm a sucker for Osira's pink pyramid powers.
    yeah those are pretty nifty.

Yes Dark Angel has the double whammy of being a boring John Byrne villain and connected to more Donna Troy nonsense which neither Donna nor the WW mythos need.

Let us never speak of her again, I say.

I thought given the Egyptian connections, Osira could make a good shared enemy with Artemis and the Bana tribe. Maybe the Bana being the ones who originally imprisoned Osira in the ancient past.

Aegeus had a fabulous reintroduction into Rebirth (after that dreadful use of him in New 52) where he was a merchant who sold stolen, mythical goods. I loved that direction for him and hope he comes back at some point.

That is a neat revamp. Would make sense for something like Wonder Woman and make use for more of the Argus organization.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I"m also a big fan of Osira(those translucent pink pyramids are so cool!) and Aegeus. I was thrilled when Orlando made Aegeus a JLA villain. Having another Wonder-rogue besides Cheetah or Circe be JLA worthy was long overdue.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

I enjoy the green and yellow suit look but I liked Jimenez's revamp of the character.