Page 23 of 162 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I know she didn't get to do much in the movie, but I like that Giganta costume.

(The character designs were the least of the movies problems).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I'd port over the Cyber, Giganta, and Poison designs for their comics counterparts.

Incredible Member

I'd port over the Cyber, Giganta, and Poison designs for their comics counterparts.
    I would add Silver Swan, too.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I’ve seen that image before, what movie is it from?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    I’ve seen that image before, what movie is it from?
    Wonder Woman: Bloodlines

Ares concept art from the movies. Artists include Bryan Fiallos, Peter McKinstry, Joshua Min. I wish I could find any for Dr. Poison but sadly I couldn't.

Ares by Bryan Faillos, the final design for the version Diana faces in the movie.

Unused Ares design by Peter McKinstry. You can actually see this in toy designs (and this might be the version that appears in the Snyder cut)

Unused Ares by Joshua Min.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Unused Ares design by Peter McKinstry. You can actually see this in toy designs (and this might be the version that appears in the Snyder cut)

This was the Ares I wanted to see! I saw him in a "Build-A-Figure" set of WW toys released before the first film came out. I loved everything about this: the nods to Perez's original Ares design, the red-hot fiery sword, the animal skull-like helmet. It was just majestic and scary, WTF were they thinking when they decided to do an armor made of shrapnel and an Ares with the face of a man who looks to be in his 70s? Just blah...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Maybe they can just have Ares wear a helmet and nothing else, like Arch. Then we all win.
    LOL
    I can see that working...

Ares concept art from the movies. Artists include Bryan Fiallos, Peter McKinstry, Joshua Min. I wish I could find any for Dr. Poison but sadly I couldn't.

Ares by Bryan Faillos, the final design for the version Diana faces in the movie.

Unused Ares by Joshua Min.

The middle reminds me of Hades from God of War.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    This was the Ares I wanted to see! I saw him in a "Build-A-Figure" set of WW toys released before the first film came out. I loved everything about this: the nods to Perez's original Ares design, the red-hot fiery sword, the animal skull-like helmet. It was just majestic and scary, WTF were they thinking when they decided to do an armor made of shrapnel and an Ares with the face of a man who looks to be in his 70s? Just blah...
    From what I hear, Ares wasn't even meant to turn into his "big buff armored" form, he was meant to stay as and older man in a trench coat and the fight was meant to be much shorter. But at the last second the studio made Patty drag out the fight and turn into the armored form we see in the movie.

That's why the special effects were so terrible, because it was probably finished days before the premier.

I'm not sure why they didn't use that design where he has a skull helmet. It's possible the design was too complicated for them to complete in the little time they had. Or it's possible that design was meant for Justice League. Who knows, what goes on behind the scenes at movies is complicated.

BANNED

From what I hear, Ares wasn't even meant to turn into his "big buff armored" form, he was meant to stay as and older man in a trench coat and the fight was meant to be much shorter. But at the last second the studio made Patty drag out the fight and turn into the armored form we see in the movie.

That's why the special effects were so terrible, because it was probably finished days before the premier.

I'm not sure why they didn't use that design where he has a skull helmet. It's possible the design was too complicated for them to complete in the little time they had. Or it's possible that design was meant for Justice League. Who knows, what goes on behind the scenes at movies is complicated.
    Wow. I had no clue about that.
    But you have a good point: the special effects in the actual physical confrontation between Diana and Ares were just awful.

On the other hand, if they really were going to have Ares fight Diana as that dude who played him in a trenchcoat, I am sorry but that would have been horrible. I can definitely understand why the studio balked at the idea. I wonder whose idea that was: Patty's or Allan Heinberg's.

I wouldn’t have wanted it as the final design but I liked this concept art:

I wouldn’t have wanted it as the final design but I liked this concept art:

oooooo, I haven't seen that one. Cool!

This is the concept art for the original Ares fight by Adam Burn. He wasn't going to use a sword or fists, but stick to energy attacks and eventually transform into the giant energy being Gaius posted above. So I can see why Patty felt his armored for wasn't necessary in that regard until the studio made her change it.

adam-burn-wonder-woman-2017-ares-battle-2.jpg
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 01-28-2021 at 03:17 PM.

Ares original final form for the 2017 Wonder Woman film. Art by Adam Burn. A quote from Adam regarding the artwork and transformation, "Here are some detailed concept illustrations showing how Ares was originally going to appear in the final act of the film, by this point his powers had grown to a point where he was gaining control of the elements around him, creating a body out of tanks, planes, and metal.
    Work was done in 2015 whilst working at Aaron Sims Creative. Loved every second of it."

adam-burn-ares-9.jpg