Page 25 of 162 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

I actually think it's a good thing they switched Barbara to Vanessa. Imagine giving Cheetah a starring role in Bloodlines just for her to get killed by bullets in the next movie. That would be even more disappointing.

Mighty Member

Shoot even in animated things like Superhero Girls and Harley Quinn some of Wonder Woman’s rogues should be front and center (we get the super friends duo, but you know what I mean). I was just thinking about about how the former had a team of villains to oppose the girls that were also all female (but had 3 Bat villainesses in the roster) and the latter show making a point of making the Legion of Doom a “boys club” and thought “Oh my goodness it is TOO EASY have Villainy Inc. in both these properties” (also in said comedy shows you can embrace some goofier things like Hypnota being the bearded lady).

Also, a question I must ask if Wonder Woman having several legacy villains (Cheetah, Dr. Poison, etc) hurt her rogues gallery at all?
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 01-28-2021 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Shoot even in animated things like Superhero Girls and Harley Quinn some of Wonder Woman’s rogues should be front and center (we get the super friends duo, but you know what I mean). I was just thinking about about how the former had a team of villains to oppose the girls that were also all female (but had 3 Bat villainesses in the roster) and the latter show making a point of making the Legion of Doom a “boys club” and thought “Oh my goodness it is TOO EASY have Villainy Inc. in both these properties” (also in said comedy shows you can embrace some goofier things like Hypnota being the bearded lady).

Also, a question I must ask if Wonder Woman having several legacy villains (Cheetah, Dr. Poison, etc) hurt her rogues gallery at all?
    I don’t think most outside of WW fans are even aware that they’re have been multiple Cheetahs, Poisons, or Silver Swans for it to benefit or hurt her.

I think it only hurts Silver Swan since the original was a vastly superior villain compared to the two that came afterwards.

I think she was the only female villain on the Legion of Doom and Lex was all "We have a woman. Her name escapes me at the moment." feels bad man, but that was kinda the point...

They didn't show her getting killed off so maybe she will go on to start Villainy Inc. If the writers know enough about WW lore to have Dr. Psycho they should know about Villainy Inc.

Also, I hope they give her a new design if she shows up again. I hate her design on that show, she's got bird feet.

The sad thing is that even though at least 3 of her villains are legacy characters, they are never treated as such.

Priscilla Rich is far more interesting, and in my opinion iconic looking than Barbara Minerva. She just needs a good redesign. She is this sick debutante who embraces a life of glamour but is tortured by this fake creature called the cheetah that she is convinced that takes over her body ans mocks her in the mirror. Then she dresses up in the body of a cheetah, she wears the skin of another creature around her.

This is actually really cool to me. She could be like a cross between Cruella de Vil and Jadis the White Witch (from Narnia) and William Defoe's Green Goblin.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I think it only hurts Silver Swan since the original was a vastly superior villain compared to the two that came afterwards.
    I enjoyed Vanessa's turn as the Swan the most but I mostly agree. Helen works best as a long-term foe.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I actually think it's a good thing they switched Barbara to Vanessa. Imagine giving Cheetah a starring role in Bloodlines just for her to get killed by bullets in the next movie. That would be even more disappointing.
    That might not have happened at all if Cheetah had been reformed at the end of Bloodlines.

Between the underwhelming screenplay of Bloodlines and its treatment of Cheetah and Hippolyta in particular, Cheetah's treatment in the next movie and her Tweets about Hal Jordan and his treatment in the movie, I'm developing a (perhaps unfair) bias against Mairghread Scott's writing.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I enjoyed Vanessa's turn as the Swan the most but I mostly agree. Helen works best as a long-term foe.
    I am not too familiar with the first Silver Swan (the one that existed pre-George Perez's WW). What was her deal?

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    I am not too familiar with the first Silver Swan (the one that existed pre-George Perez's WW). What was her deal?
    She was an unattractive ballet dancer who kept getting passed over for starring roles despite her talent. So she threw her arms up and pledged loyalty to Ares, who bestowed her with great beauty and power that rivaled Diana's. She could go from ugly duckling to beautiful swan at a whim (mirroring the Wonder Spin), and in her "ugly" form became roommates with Diana and Etta (and eventually learned that Diana was WW). She was rad as hell.

One of the most memorable moments was when she and Dr. Psycho (who was posing as the handsome Captain Wonder, I believe) saw each other's true forms and kept walking because they were so turned off by each other.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    What Nyssane said. If I were to bring the character back, I’d just add in some elements from the other Swan title holders.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    She was an unattractive ballet dancer who kept getting passed over for starring roles despite her talent. So she threw her arms up and pledged loyalty to Ares, who bestowed her with great beauty and power that rivaled Diana's. She could go from ugly duckling to beautiful swan at a whim (mirroring the Wonder Spin), and in her "ugly" form became roommates with Diana and Etta (and eventually learned that Diana was WW). She was rad as hell.

One of the most memorable moments was when she and Dr. Psycho (who was posing as the handsome Captain Wonder, I believe) saw each other's true forms and kept walking because they were so turned off by each other.

I'd like to see DC bring this version of the Silver Swan back and maybe have her team-up with other Ares-connected villains such as the Duke of Deception and Eris. Maybe even a misguided or manipulated Nubia as well.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

So it was the first one that was an "ugly duckling" and why I thought Kristen Wiig's Cheetah was combination of Cheetah's powers with Swan's "backstory"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    The sad thing is that even though at least 3 of her villains are legacy characters, they are never treated as such.

Priscilla Rich is far more interesting, and in my opinion iconic looking than Barbara Minerva. She just needs a good redesign. She is this sick debutante who embraces a life of glamour but is tortured by this fake creature called the cheetah that she is convinced that takes over her body ans mocks her in the mirror. Then she dresses up in the body of a cheetah, she wears the skin of another creature around her.

This is actually really cool to me. She could be like a cross between Cruella de Vil and Jadis the White Witch (from Narnia) and William Defoe's Green Goblin.
    Pricilla just needs her Alex Ross design and done! One thing I will say about Pricilla, is that it is kind of easier to make her sympathetic in that you think there's a possibility of saving this crazy woman from herself. By crazy I don't mean Joker or Harley crazy, I mean there is something actually legitimately wrong with her (and it's consistent over the lolsorandom style of craziness).

To me the idea of a woman dressed in the body of a dead beast is far more intense than someone who half transforms into one.

Tell me if I'm wrong, what Alex Ross added to the classic suit was stitches and the body paint right? I like it but I think we could go further than that.