Page 28 of 162 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Her and Ludendorff cackling like school children was one of my favorite parts.
    OMG I LOVED THAT SCENE!!!

"But the mask won't help."

"Yes, but they don't know that."

Doctor Cyber, the Termite Queen, Bushmaster, the First Born and the Adjudicator...even in their rawest, unrefined form are all great villain concepts for the WW comic. In X-Men, Avengers, Star Wars, Fantastic Four or Superman comics, they would be MAJOR antagonists. If you can't take these supervillains and make them a-listers, you shouldn't call yourself a comic book writer or an editor.

I'm tired of hearing what a pee-poor rogues gallery the WW comic has! Tired of hearing myself say that, when there isn't one editor in the stable, who is actively corraling talent - celeb writers, whoever - to use these villains in stories. Not one. Where's the Stan Lee, who's busting his hump to make the Wonderverse, as fantastic and appealing, as Superman's and Batman's?

I've said the rest, before. Make of it, what you will. Wondabunga, kangaboos! https://wondabunga.blogspot.com/2021...-villains.html
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-30-2021 at 10:15 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Mighty Member

I think one of the problems Wonder Woman writers have when it comes to rogues is that they try to write the best story for the new rogue they introduce. Other writers will drop that villain for the new villain they want to introduce... and so on and so forth.

That wasn't a bad Circe design.

Love the creepy eyes for that version.

Wonder Woman just needs a good writer who will stay on for 50 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Elizabeth Hurley probably would have killed it as a Perez-style Barbara Minerva instead that godawful take on Veronica we got.
    All this did was give me a mental image of Elizabeth Hurley in Cheetah make up running bra less like she did in that one British Award show. Let's face it, that's how Cheetah would look like if she ran naked in her fur form.
    Last edited by John Venus; 01-31-2021 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Elizabeth Hurley probably would have killed it as a Perez-style Barbara Minerva instead that godawful take on Veronica we got.
    What was wrong with her Veronica?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What was wrong with her Veronica?
    Less anything she was doing and more the awful execution of the entire pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Love the creepy eyes for that version.
    I dig the pale skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I think one of the problems Wonder Woman writers have when it comes to rogues is that they try to write the best story for the new rogue they introduce. Other writers will drop that villain for the new villain they want to introduce... and so on and so forth.
    Think you make a drinking game of when writers introduce new villains for WW that are then mostly abandoned following their run. I think the only character who falls under this who is worth keeping around is Cale imo.

I dig the pale skin.

Think you make a drinking game of when writers introduce new villains for WW that are then mostly abandoned following their run. I think the only character who falls under this who is worth keeping around is Cale imo.
    I agree, and that's only with her second use. Before Rebirth, Cale was among the many one-hit wonders that I didn't care to see again. It's possible some of the over villains on the list could be given the same treatment as her, but I won't hold my breath for someone to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I agree, and that's only with her second use. Before Rebirth, Cale was among the many one-hit wonders that I didn't care to see again. It's possible some of the over villains on the list could be given the same treatment as her, but I won't hold my breath for someone to use them.
    Yeah, Cale in Rucka's first run was weird. If I didn't know Rucka created her, I'd of assumed it was a character he inherited he didn't like given how out of her depth she was when she was rubbing shoulders with Diana's other rogues in that run.

I really like when the gods show up in different forms - classical depictions, modern dress, their sacred animals, etc. They shouldn’t be limited and have existed for millennia, they’d change looks and transform from time to time just like in the myths.

I’ve enjoyed Rucka’s take on Barbara Ann Minerva, but I’m ready to get back to the Perez version too. One of my favorite things about Barbara Minerva is Barbara Minerva. Perez gave her faults and weaknesses, but she was also ruthless and Machiavellian. If someone is going to sit around with Lex Luthor and Ra’s al Ghul plotting the destruction of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman and the Justice League it should be Barbara. Her knowledge in skills in archeology, anthropology, and mythology, etc. in the DCU should be a powerful, remarkable, and equal counterpoint to Luthor’s specialization in tech and super-science - creators and editors have just dropped the ball on creating and allowing that dynamic to happen. It’s sad really, that Barbara typically just becomes and gets limited to being “that crazy cat lady.” It could be different if any really invested in the Wonder foes. There’s definitely not been enough creative thinking done in portraying the relationships between the Trinity’s greatest foes and not-so-great foes.

Much like several other posters have said, I think the Silver Swan needs to revert to something closer to the Helen Alexandros version for more staying power as a reoccurring adversary.

Other villains I’ve been working on lately are: Osira, the Gentleman Killer, Anton Unreal, and the Skrill.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I really like when the gods show up in different forms - classical depictions, modern dress, their sacred animals, etc. They shouldn’t be limited and have existed for millennia, they’d change looks and transform from time to time just like in the myths.

I’ve enjoyed Rucka’s take on Barbara Ann Minerva, but I’m ready to get back to the Perez version too. One of my favorite things about Barbara Minerva is Barbara Minerva. Perez gave her faults and weaknesses, but she was also ruthless and Machiavellian. If someone is going to sit around with Lex Luthor and Ra’s al Ghul plotting the destruction of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman and the Justice League it should be Barbara. Her knowledge in skills in archeology, anthropology, and mythology, etc. in the DCU should be a powerful, remarkable, and equal counterpoint to Luthor’s specialization in tech and super-science - creators and editors have just dropped the ball on creating and allowing that dynamic to happen. It’s sad really, that Barbara typically just becomes and gets limited to being “that crazy cat lady.” It could be different if any really invested in the Wonder foes. There’s definitely not been enough creative thinking done in portraying the relationships between the Trinity’s greatest foes and not-so-great foes.

Much like several other posters have said, I think the Silver Swan needs to revert to something closer to the Helen Alexandros version for more staying power as a reoccurring adversary.

Other villains I’ve been working on lately are: Osira, the Gentleman Killer, Anton Unreal, and the Skrill.
    I've thought with the Egyptian connections, Osira would make a decent enemy for Artemis and Bana-Mighdall tribe.