Page 38 of 162 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Yup. Yes she does

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Cheetah looks good with this lighting.

People say they used the dark to hide bad CGI, but she actually looks good in the light.

Attachment 105866
    I thought she looked a lot better than I was expecting. I don't really get the Cats comparisons but then again I usually roll my eyes when people complain about CGI since it usually just comes off as a effects snobbery.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I thought she looked a lot better than I was expecting. I don't really get the Cats comparisons but then again I usually roll my eyes when people complain about CGI since it usually just comes off as a effects snobbery.
    Honestly, unless they made her look nothing like she does in the comics, there was going to be a Cats comparison no mater what they did. Even if the Cats movie didn't exist, people would still be comparing her to Cats, probably not to the same degree, but the comparison would be there.

Yeah, it's popular to complain about special effects now. And it's funny because I see more and more people say an effect was CGI when it was in fact not, and more people not realize they are looking at CGI and be blown away when they find out later.

Spectacular Member

Tear lines should've been drawn downward towards her mouth not across. Black lips nose everything else is fine fur could've been more yellow tan but its just dceus night light like always.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    But the Joker is easier to market because he fits more easily into an archetype the average marketing person would understand.
    Evil Clown is a rather common archetype. The most popular superheroes/villains are the ones that can be easily broken down into a simple, visually interesting, archetypical version. Once you have that version solidified in the public mind then it gives you the freedom to experiment and create really different takes. The problem with most of Wonder woman’s villains is that they don’t really have that strong archetypal version,
    Really?
    Yes, a scary/evil clown is a rather common archetype/trope, but so are...

The Evil Queen/witch/sorceress (Circe)
    The Were-creature (Cheetah)
    The Mad Scientist (Dr. Poison)
    The sentient machine/evil robot/evil computer (Dr. Cyber)
    The 50-foot woman/the brute/the muscle/the brick (Giganta, duh)
    The evil doppleganger/dark mirror image [of the hero] (Devastation)
    The psychic predator/mentalist/mind manipulator [usually with a big head and jumpy eyes (Dr. Psycho)

I am sure that Silver Swan can also be into an archetypical image (the aerial killer? Sonic siren? She already has an arresting visual by virtue of her wings)

All that WW villains need is a writer that, A-likes them and wants to work with them, and B-is imaginative enough to push these villains into greatness. Sadly, most comic book writers who make it only want to do the usual suspects, Batman, Superman, Harley and the Batman rogues. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Honestly, unless they made her look nothing like she does in the comics, there was going to be a Cats comparison no mater what they did. Even if the Cats movie didn't exist, people would still be comparing her to Cats, probably not to the same degree, but the comparison would be there.

Yeah, it's popular to complain about special effects now. And it's funny because I see more and more people say an effect was CGI when it was in fact not, and more people not realize they are looking at CGI and be blown away when they find out later.
    Hehe like this: which parts are CGI and which aren't: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTS9n_m7TW0
    I showed a still of 1:55 to my sister and she couldn't tell it was CGI immediately.... and this is Playstation 5 graphics. Compare to 0:37

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Really?
    Yes, a scary/evil clown is a rather common archetype/trope, but so are...

The Evil Queen/witch/sorceress (Circe)
    The Were-creature (Cheetah)
    The Mad Scientist (Dr. Poison)
    The sentient machine/evil robot/evil computer (Dr. Cyber)
    The 50-foot woman/the brute/the muscle/the brick (Giganta, duh)
    The evil doppleganger/dark mirror image [of the hero] (Devastation)
    The psychic predator/mentalist/mind manipulator [usually with a big head and jumpy eyes (Dr. Psycho)

I am sure that Silver Swan can also be into an archetypical image (the aerial killer? Sonic siren? She already has an arresting visual by virtue of her wings)

All that WW villains need is a writer that, A-likes them and wants to work with them, and B-is imaginative enough to push these villains into greatness. Sadly, most comic book writers who make it only want to do the usual suspects, Batman, Superman, Harley and the Batman rogues. Meh.
    To be honest, tropes exist for practically everything. Trying to avoid them... is to not understand why they exist.

Now it is true that some are more commonly used though. But that's more a matter of how often it makes sense for in-universe reasons to have that sort of character in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hehe like this: which parts are CGI and which aren't: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTS9n_m7TW0
    I showed a still of 1:55 to my sister and she couldn't tell it was CGI immediately.... and this is Playstation 5 graphics. Compare to 0:37
    That's a terrible example. His skin looks plastic even in stills. The opening scene of the first Ant-man film where Michael Douglas is deaged is the best cgi I have ever seen.

Affably Evil Ares is best Ares.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Affably Evil Ares is best Ares.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Really?

Bird theme villain, friend turn enemy, manipulated by other villains

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    That's a terrible example. His skin looks plastic even in stills. The opening scene of the first Ant-man film where Michael Douglas is deaged is the best cgi I have ever seen.
    Is it tho? One is a Playstation game with real time graphical rendering, and the other is a supercomputer making pre-rendered video

Boy, they really did a number on Vanessa didn't they. I wonder if she's going to remain a villain going into Infinite Frontier or if she'll have a second redemption arc, since she already had one in the pages of #750.