Page 39 of 162 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Boy, they really did a number on Vanessa didn't they. I wonder if she's going to remain a villain going into Infinite Frontier or if she'll have a second redemption arc, since she already had one in the pages of #750.
    I enjoyed Vanessa's turn as the the Swan the most but Rucka made the right decision that Diana prioritized trying to redeem/heal her within the first arc or so of his first run. I'd hope they'd try to redeem her following Infinite Frontier special, trying to do it again without the actual real history of being a long time supporting character was one of the many reasons making her the Swan again didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I enjoyed Vanessa's turn as the the Swan the most but Rucka made the right decision that Diana prioritized trying to redeem/heal her within the first arc or so of his first run. I'd hope they'd try to redeem her following Infinite Frontier special, trying to do it again without the actual real history of being a long time supporting character was one of the many reasons making her the Swan again didn't work.
    Yes, especially with Barbara now being the more popular friend-turned-enemy character. It kind of makes Diana look bad if two of her friends are villains in her already small roster of enemies

I don't mind Venessa being Silver Swan post-crisis. It was an interesting way of bringing her and Julia back into the story. But in Rebirth it kind of felt tacked on, especially since she turned after just one issue and Rucka had just done it with Barbara and to a better effect.
    But in Rebirth it was also implied that Psycho was heavily involved in her transformation, which would explain both of their teased appearances on the Infinite Legends poster.

It would be cool if she joined the Wonder family again in some way. Weather it be as Silver Swan or just a regular person with knowledge that could help Diana.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Vanessa is probably the strongest Silver Swan character, but her arc worked best in a specific continuity and had a limited shelf life. It doesn't work as well in Rebirth especially as Barbara is now treading similar ground. A talented writer could establish parallels between their situations and have them interact, but I think Nessie's Rebirth arc was so flawed it's best to move on from it.

Alexandros is better as an ongoing regular rogue. Valerie meanwhile I'm kind of "meh" about.

I like the spots on that statue.

It's a cool statue, though I got raise an eyebrow at Priscilla's decision to wear heels in what looks to be the jungle.

Spectacular Member

E1A57255-82B5-4269-BA45-2A7EAFBC7EDC.jpg

There’s a Debbie Domaine version of that statue as well.

It's a cool statue, though I got raise an eyebrow at Priscilla's decision to wear heels in what looks to be the jungle.
    Glamor trumps practicality .

Spectacular Member

Me too but a cheetah with tear lines would complete me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    Me too but a cheetah with tear lines would complete me.
    The fact that it wasn't mainstream to draw Cheetah with the tear lines until the Liam Sharp redesign in 2016 all ways confused me. Also the fact they didn't make her a official speedster until Rucka first run.

Cheetahs are known for 2 things, tear line's and gotta-going-fast.

The fact that it wasn't mainstream to draw Cheetah with the tear lines until the Liam Sharp redesign in 2016 all ways confused me. Also the fact they didn't make her a official speedster until Rucka first run.

Cheetahs are known for 2 things, tear line's and gotta-going-fast.

Probably because even when Perez made her a were-Cheetah, she was still drawn with a human looking face for the most part. Sharp is I think the first comic artist to make her look like an upright walking Cheetah as her standard design.

Though Ross added to them to Priscilla in his Justice revamp.

Probably because even when Perez made her a were-Cheetah, she was still drawn with a human looking face for the most part. Sharp is I think the first comic artist to make her look like an upright walking Cheetah as her standard design.

Though Ross added to them to Priscilla in his Justice revamp.

Yeah, Ross added them in his Pricilla redesign (so cool) and Juan Ferreyra also had them in New Suicide Squad. Can't think of anyone else who had them for her design in comics.