Page 4 of 162 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Cyber was probably the best part of Bloodlines.
    Just a shame she never got to fight Diana (then again, neither did Poison) or really do anything...

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm re-reading Wilson's run and got to the stupid "Grail, Queen of Themyscira" story and... we have got to get some new stories featuring classic (non-Cheetah/Circe/Ares) villains. No Max, no Liar Liar, no Grail. That said, I do have confidence in Cloonan and Conrad that we'll get some post-Future State.

The last story we had was the Giganta one where she wasn't even the villain of it.
    What's weird is that Robinson may have been good at that if he wasn't tasked by editorial to use Grail and Jason. I feel like that was a deadly combo of things, because he of course implemented them (especially Jason) poorly. But left on his own, he may have done more stuff like rebuilding Godwatch by populating it with Villainy Inc. members.

Then again, there is how he handled Vanessa, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Just a shame she never got to fight Diana (then again, neither did Poison) or really do anything...
    I'm sure in the sequel they have something planned for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    What's weird is that Robinson may have been good at that if he wasn't tasked by editorial to use Grail and Jason. I feel like that was a deadly combo of things, because he of course implemented them (especially Jason) poorly. But left on his own, he may have done more stuff like rebuilding Godwatch by populating it with Villainy Inc. members.

I thought he did a decent Blue Snowman update all things considered.

There's also how inept he made the Female Furies. I mean, getting defeated by half a dozen human soldiers? Ugh.

I thought he did a decent Blue Snowman update all things considered.
    That was his only saving grace, bringing back Blue Snowman and Zara. Then again, he created the dumbass Anglette instead of just bringing back Hypnota, so there's that.

Extraordinary Member

I prefer Saturna or Saturnettte. Eviless as a name is just too on the nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    There's also how inept he made the Female Furies. I mean, getting defeated by half a dozen human soldiers? Ugh.

That was his only saving grace, bringing back Blue Snowman and Zara. Then again, he created the dumbass Anglette instead of just bringing back Hypnota, so there's that.
    Forgot about the Furies thing. Lol, never mind I take back what I said.

And yeah, I don't get not going with the pattern and using Hypnota or even just Angle Man himself.

from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. VII (September 1985)

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I prefer Saturna or Saturnettte. Eviless as a name is just too on the nose.
    I mean sure but this is also a genre with “Dr. Doom”, “Darkseid”, “Sinestro”, “Mr. Sinister”, and “Atrocitus”.

I mean sure but this is also a genre with “Dr. Doom”, “Darkseid”, “Sinestro”, “Mr. Sinister”, and “Atrocitus”.
    And Mr. Sinister only became bearable when they leaned into the camp instead of playing it super straight. Maybe he veers a little too much into camp these days at times, but overall I'd say it's an improvement.

Eviless plus camp doesn't seem like a hard sell. She's a devil themed dominatrix from Saturn, this is what comics are all about lol.

And Mr. Sinister only became bearable when they leaned into the camp instead of playing it super straight. Maybe he veers a little too much into camp these days at times, but overall I'd say it's an improvement.

Eviless plus camp doesn't seem like a hard sell. She's a devil themed dominatrix from Saturn, this is what comics are all about lol.
    Yeah, I enjoyed the brief revamp of her from the Steve Trevor special

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

The more I read WW comics, the more I understand how wrong Johns was in that one scene where Wondy says she doesn't have a lot of villains because she "deals" with them. She has a lot and they are easily ignored

Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 01-04-2021 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    The more I read WW comics, the more I understand how wrong Johns was in that one scene where Wondy says she doesn't have a lot of villains because she "deals" with them. She has a lot and they are easily ignored
    Sadly that's not a viewpoint really exclusive to Johns. Some other forums I went to when the first movie came out wondered with Ares killing off the Pantheon what WW sequels would do for villains since they assumed 90% of her rogues gallery were the Greek Gods.

Yeah, I enjoyed the brief revamp of her from the Steve Trevor special
    Tim Seeley + Jim Lee Villainy Inc 12 part story, when dammit?!

Sadly that's not a viewpoint really exclusive to Johns. Some other forums I went to when the first movie came out wondered with Ares killing off the Pantheon what WW sequels would do for villains since they assumed 90% of her rogues gallery were the Greek Gods.
    I mean, I think killing off the Gods is a waste, but yeah there is still more than enough to fill at least a trilogy without them.

I mean, I think killing off the Gods is a waste, but yeah there is still more than enough to fill at least a trilogy without them.
    I wish at least Athena and Aphrodite were allowed to live (or at least be the ones who originally defeat Ares in the backstory), the other ones I don't think were a particular heavy loss for a film trilogy.

Incredible Member

I think it was one of the best decisions Jenkins made.