Page 47 of 162 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    spoilers:
    I say give'em both Poison and Cheetah. If Batman gets Deathstroke and Joker than Wonder Woman can get two baddies also. That way Poison and Cheetah can hold hands as their characters get ruined together, Cheetah won't have to go it alone no more.

I'm curious though, how do you guys think Snyder would handle Dr. Poison, Cheetah and Circe if he had full control? We kinda know his Ares would be treated as a force of nature from what he said about his version of Wonder Woman, or like how he was treated in Justice League which is a big muscle jock.

I think his Dr. Poison might actually come out okay. She's so obscure and underused, there just isn't much about her to get wrong.

I think Cheetah would either get turned into just another lady with cat powers not capable of going toe-to-toe with Wonder Woman, or a mindless animal who poses no mental challenge for Diana. And I've seen the first one so many times I would actually prefer the second at this point.

I think Circe would probably be some copy/paste fem-fetal we've seen a thousand times. Which might not be bad depending on the actress. But if he wanted to completely ruin her he'd make her an evil cloud like Parallax and Galactus. Obviously he didn't make those movies but for some reason I can see him doing that.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I imagine a Snyder Circe would be like a mix of Faora from Man of Steel and, even though he didn't direct it Eva Green's character from the 300 sequel.

Probably would really play up the misandry man-hater angle.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    spoilers:
    I quite like the idea of Dr. Poison in the Legion of Doom for the DCEU. I loved her in the first film but she was kind of underutilized. Sure, I'd prefer Cheetah, but Dr. Poison, especially if it's the same Isabel Maru from the first film (maybe this version actually DID find the secret to eternal life).
    end of spoilers
    Why are we spoiling this...these seem to be plans that never came to fruition...eh whatever.

spoilers:
    I'd agree with Poison being on the Legion of Doom would be quite interesting. While I don't see her on the front lines like the more physical villains, Poison has quite the skills that can incapacitate people, especially regaring the fact that she would be given more resources to experiment with. Can you imagine Dr. Poison developing a chemical or gas that affects the various aliens in the DC universe? Something that affects someone like Martian Manhunter specifically would be quite the challenge for the many humans on the Justice League, Poison would learn of SO many diseases in the LOD...methinks she would be a supporting villain, but her work would definitely be more complex than throwing a rock at Superman
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Why are we spoiling this...these seem to be plans that never came to fruition...eh whatever.

spoilers:
    I'd agree with Poison being on the Legion of Doom would be quite interesting. While I don't see her on the front lines like the more physical villains, Poison has quite the skills that can incapacitate people, especially regaring the fact that she would be given more resources to experiment with. Can you imagine Dr. Poison developing a chemical or gas that affects the various aliens in the DC universe? Something that affects someone like Martian Manhunter specifically would be quite the challenge for the many humans on the Justice League, Poison would learn of SO many diseases in the LOD...methinks she would be a supporting villain, but her work would definitely be more complex than throwing a rock at Superman
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    oooooo, maybe she would have found a way to make synthetic kryptonite.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Some of it may still end up being in the upcoming release and this isn't the sort of thread where people would expect spoilers for it when they don't want to be spoiled, so I wanted to be safe.

Poison becoming a bio-terrorist for hire wouldn't actually be bad way to turn the current merc version into something closer to her traditional depiction.

Mighty Member

You know...when I was thinking of strength levels in regarding the Wonder villains...What do we think about Giganta being the strongest when it comes to pure physical strength? Diana's equivalent to Doomsday or Bane...only more interesting (and not a one trick pony).

You know...when I was thinking of strength levels in regarding the Wonder villains...What do we think about Giganta being the strongest when it comes to pure physical strength? Diana's equivalent to Doomsday or Bane...only more interesting (and not a one trick pony).
    I guess it makes sense even though I guess you're right she's never been portrayed particularly strong even though you'd assume that'd come with the territory of growing big.

I remember there was a revamp in one of the threads here I believe that suggested making Giganta revealed to be a descendent, or one of the last survivors, of the Giants from Greek mythology.

I definitely think Giganta should be portrayed as one of the stronger villains in terms of brute force. And it's not like she's never been depicted this way... she did take on a Titan in GWW's run.

Out of her core rogues, Giganta should definitely be the heaviest-hitting. While on the topic, I loathe when artists depict Giganta as thin or even just a tiny bit athletic. She's not here to fulfill fantasies of giant pinups, she's a big bruiser and should be depicted with a bodybuilder's physique.

I definitely think Giganta should be portrayed as one of the stronger villains in terms of brute force. And it's not like she's never been depicted this way... she did take on a Titan in GWW's run.

Out of her core rogues, Giganta should definitely be the heaviest-hitting. While on the topic, I loathe when artists depict Giganta as thin or even just a tiny bit athletic. She's not here to fulfill fantasies of giant pinups, she's a big bruiser and should be depicted with a bodybuilder's physique.
    I kind of liked the look they seemed to go for in the sketches for LOWW vol. 2

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I kind of liked the look they seemed to go for in the sketches for LOWW vol. 2

Are there more sketches?
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Are there more sketches?
    Yeah, there's a few more on the Wonder Woman fan wikia

Here's some of Blue Snowman.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Thank you! Even on Challenge of the Super Friends, Giganta was depicted as a bulky, muscular woman. When Luthor introduced her and the rest of the Legion of Doom in the first episode, he referred to her as the "feminine yet ferocious Giganta" and Giganta just gave him this look like "Damn right you better say something like that or I would have kicked you in the junk!"

I remember during Infinite Crisis, she was depicted as being strong enough to hold Power Girl from escaping. That should be her usual power-level. Nothing less will suffice.

Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Mighty Member

Or worse, her being drawn as a dainty woman who just becomes a giant. When did small Giganta start to become common by the way? I normally just assume that artists don't know how to draw a muscular woman's physique, as even characters like BIG Barda suffer from this...

Heck look at the two variations of Giganta in the children's show Superhero Girls.

Hell of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, there's a few more on the Wonder Woman fan wikia

Here's some of Blue Snowman.

Thanks.

Oh boy, thinking about what might have been...it hurts my heart.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Or worse, her being drawn as a dainty woman who just becomes a giant. When did small Giganta start to become common by the way? I normally just assume that artists don't know how to draw a muscular woman's physique, as even characters like BIG Barda suffer from this...
    I think it might have started with Justice League? I think Who is Wonder Woman? is where Giganta came back as a regular WW villain, and she was definitely not muscular in that, sadly.

I remember a Villains Special a year or two ago that had a Giganta story, and the way she was drawn was just unforgiveable.