Page 5 of 162 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Sadly that's not a viewpoint really exclusive to Johns. Some other forums I went to when the first movie came out wondered with Ares killing off the Pantheon what WW sequels would do for villains since they assumed 90% of her rogues gallery were the Greek Gods.
    That's such a weird viewpoint since none of the gods beyond Ares and some minor gods (Deimos, Hecate, et al) are actually part of her rogues gallery. I guess Hades, maybe, but he's spent far more time in the comics as an ally/neutral figure than an antagonist.

I think it was a waste, too, since I was really hoping we'd see Aphrodite.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    That's such a weird viewpoint since none of the gods beyond Ares and some minor gods (Deimos, Hecate, et al) are actually part of her rogues gallery. I guess Hades, maybe, but he's spent far more time in the comics as an ally/neutral figure than an antagonist.

I think it was a waste, too, since I was really hoping we'd see Aphrodite.
    That's what I was saying. In fairness, this was also around the time when Azz's WW was still fairly fresh in people's minds which was probably the run that used them the most.

I wish at least the goddesses were kept (or given Zeus' role in the backstory scene).

Incredible Member

That's what I was saying. In fairness, this was also around the time when Azz's WW was still fairly fresh in people's minds which was probably the run that used them the most.

I wish at least the goddesses were kept (or given Zeus' role in the backstory scene).
    Zeus has about 5 minutes of "screentime" in the original movie and he gets a single mention in 84. There's no reason to overcomplicate things with why these various Goddesses are around Diana when "Zeus is her father" is to the point. The man plays no role in Diana's life at all, so I don't begrudge the movie for going for simplicity to keep the movie moving.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Zeus has about 5 minutes of "screentime" in the original movie and he gets a single mention in 84. There's no reason to overcomplicate things with why these various Goddesses are around Diana when "Zeus is her father" is to the point. The man plays no role in Diana's life at all, so I don't begrudge the movie for going for simplicity to keep the movie moving.
    The movie has handled daddy Zeus origin better than other incarnations, yes. I'm just stating a personal preference for Athena or Aphrodite.

I imagine Ares, Cheetah and Circe have regular squabbles over which of them is more deserving of the archenemy title.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I imagine Ares, Cheetah and Circe have regular squabbles over which of them is more deserving of the archenemy title.
    Most of the time at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Does Ares think highly of Diana tho? I mean after she became the new God of War in New 52 he would have to. But before that? I always figured he just thought of her as an annoyance

from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. VII (September 1985)

My favorites will always be WW's original core rogues gallery, the ladies of Villainy Inc.:

My favorites will always be WW's original core rogues gallery, the ladies of Villainy Inc.:

Can't go wrong with the classics .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. VII (September 1985)
    I can see why the Duke wears a helmet going off his hairstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

I can see why the Duke wears a helmet going off his hairstyle.
    Are you sure the hairstyle isn't a result of wearing the helmet?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Love these ladies so much.

Them plus Veronica, Circe, Dr. Cyber and Silver Swan are the best group of villainous ladies in comics, I don't care what anyone says.