Page 51 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

I love Perfection!

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I’ve also been working on the one-off Wonder Girl villain, Perfection, in my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee.

Donna Troy (and Cassie Sandsmark) needs more villains developed specifically for her.

Attachment 107259

What is this? A thumbnail for ants?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I love Perfection!
    I’m definitely having fun deciding on her characterization and motives and powers.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    What is this? A thumbnail for ants?
    It’s for the Myrmidons amongst us.

Interesting article on Wonder Woman's villains (the Golden Age ones) from a blog retrospective overlooking Wonder Woman's history.

Not sure how much I agree with their analogies but some interesting stuff to read about.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Interesting article on Wonder Woman's villains (the Golden Age ones) from a blog retrospective overlooking Wonder Woman's history.

Not sure how much I agree with their analogies but some interesting stuff to read about.
    I've read that before, it's a very interesting read.

It also makes me continue to think that Diana's Golden Age rogues had more going for them than Superman or Batman's initially did, it sucks that other writers have rarely did much for them.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I've read that before, it's a very interesting read.

It also makes me continue to think that Diana's Golden Age rogues had more going for them than Superman or Batman's initially did, it sucks that other writers have rarely did much for them.
    Yeah, I was a bit surprised when I came across it that Villainy Inc was (one of) the first "throw all the villains together" teams. I think only Captain Marvel did that before and he also has a sadly neglected rogues gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, I was a bit surprised when I came across it that Villainy Inc was (one of) the first "throw all the villains together" teams. I think only Captain Marvel did that before and he also has a sadly neglected rogues gallery.
    Monster Society from Captain Marvel was the first, The Injustice Society was second, Villainy Inc. was third.

So Villainy Inc in the third villain team in comics as a whole, the second villain team in DC comics, and the first all-female villain team in comics.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Monster Society from Captain Marvel was the first, The Injustice Society was second, Villainy Inc. was third.

So Villainy Inc in the third villain team in comics as a whole, the second villain team in DC comics, and the first all-female villain team in comics.
    Have there ever been any others besides Godwatch? I only read Batman and Wonder Woman, but do any other hero besides Wonder Woman have enough female villains for an all-female villain team-up?

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Have there ever been any others besides Godwatch? I only read Batman and Wonder Woman, but do any other hero besides Wonder Woman have enough female villains for an all-female villain team-up?
    The Female Furies are probably the most famous all-female villain team.

Marvel has a bunch of female villain teams like the Grapplers (which is ironically based on the Female Furies), the Femizons, the Femme Fatales, Hell's Belles, Beetle's Syndicate, and the Doom Maidens.

Batman maybe but once you get past Catwoman, Talia, Poison Ivy, and Harley I kind of struggle to think of female Bat-villains. And at least three of the aforementioned are pretty much anti-heroes these days.

I think there was female version of the Sinister Six for Spider-Man.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    The Female Furies are probably the most famous all-female villain team.

Marvel has a bunch of female villain teams like the Grapplers (which is ironically based on the Female Furies), the Femizons, the Femme Fatales, Hell's Belles, Beetle's Syndicate, and the Doom Maidens.
    I can't believe I didn't think of the Female Furies, and I love that team. I guess partly it's because I only think of them as a team, and not as individual characters (like Godwatch or Villainy Inc.), but they would definitely rank as my favorite until someone does something more with Villainy Inc. or Godwatch. I've honestly never heard of any of the others, but I'll Google them.

Gaius - Thank you. I'll also Google the female Sinister Six

I can't believe I didn't think of the Female Furies, and I love that team. I guess partly it's because I only think of them as a team, and not as individual characters (like Godwatch or Villainy Inc.), but they would definitely rank as my favorite until someone does something more with Villainy Inc. or Godwatch. I've honestly never heard of any of the others, but I'll Google them.

Gaius - Thank you. I'll also Google the female Sinister Six
    It has always bugged me that nobody has really put effort into establishing the Furies as individuals. There are some rare instances (Ostrander's Suicide Squad in particular), but the Furies are so damn awesome that it sucks that so few writers use them. And when they do, they're either written inconsistently (Stompa being dumb just because she's a big gal, for example) or used interchangeably. The Furies mini-series that came out a couple years ago was the biggest missed opportunity for this.

As for individuals-banding-together like Villainy Inc., the Femizons is Marvel's biggest one because it had virtually every female villain who had appeared before 1990 (with a few exceptions, like Calypso and Lorelei). The story they appear in is cheesy as hell but damned if I don't love it. Likewise, the Doom Maidens were all established female villains banded together, but it was a very short-lived team.

The female Sinister Six is Beetle's Syndicate, btw. Beetle, Lady Octopus, White Rabbit, Scorpia, Electro, and Trapstr are the members, and it's a pretty fun group in general (though I'd ditch Electro and Trapstr for other characters like Stunner or Joystick).