Page 53 of 162 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

I also freaking miss classic Minerva's insults.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Sometimes I miss the early days of Minerva when she was weak in her human form and an animalistic beast in her Cheetah form (Cheetah was an intelligent animal, but an animal none-the-less).

It was interesting because the curse made her weaker than the average human, so she really had to rely on her mind and it also showed how crafty she could be in how she used Cheetah. I get why they merged her two halves to make her outwardly more threatening, but they could have just gotten away with making her turn into Cheetah when she gets too made or something. They said she could only turn on the full moon but there were defiantly times when she turned into Cheetah multiple days in a row.

(I also kinda miss Chuma, I know there where problematic elements to him but my goodness was he a badass).
    Yeah, I think my ideal Cheetah would be a mix of the best parts of Perez and Rucka's Rebirth, where Cheetah and Barbara Minerva are a threat to Diana in both forms.

God I love that design so much. In a rebooted movieverse, I hope we get something like that instead of werecheetah. I loved Kristen Wiig's version but I'm tired of seeing the Cats comparison or having the character mocked as Furry-bait.

Always gave me vibes of a female version of Hercules with the Nemean lion cloak.

Also interesting with the Two-Face comparison.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    God I love that design so much. In a rebooted movieverse, I hope we get something like that instead of werecheetah. I loved Kristen Wiig's version but I'm tired of seeing the Cats comparison or having the character mocked as Furry-bait.
    You and me both. Plus with the artists zig zagging designs of woman with spots and cheetah attributes to a literal anthropomorphic cheetah doesn't help Barbara's design all that much. I find this version of the classic Pricilla outfit is brilliant in that it's a modernization of the costume and adds an eeriness to it in that she is wearing a dead animal.

I love the design too, but if they used it in live action people would probably start making Catwoman comparisons. At least the were-cheetah angle keeps her unique in DC.

Also, it could easily come across a bit silly in live action. With comic books, every picture is very purposeful, with live action it's less so and easier to get awkward angles. So despite Ross's very realistic art style it could easily come off as goofy in live action. Actually I think this version of Cheetah is one of the least silly designs Ross has done (I don't find it silly at all to be honest). I love the guys artwork, but sometimes its so realistic you're reminded how silly all the characters would look if they were taken directly off the page. I think leaning into the tragedy of Pricilla's character helps, because she doesn't come across as a crazy lady in a cat suit, but a victim of her own mental health (also showing her kill cheetahs, my goodness).

Edit: Keep in mind, even WW84 had to make major alterations to the Golden Eagle armor to keep it looking realistic, and less goofy in a letteral goofy 80's movie.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 03-30-2021 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Always gave me vibes of a female version of Hercules with the Nemean lion cloak.

Also interesting with the Two-Face comparison.
    I wonder if that's where Rucka got it from.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Yeah, it's weird that Priscilla is dismissed as the sillier of the two main Cheetahs, but I think she'd translate to live action a little more easily than Barbara's werecat form. I feel like that one has an uphill climb no matter what.

At least if they used this particular version as inspiration, Cheetah would look menacing and creepy.

Think both Priscilla and Barbara have something of an uphill battle in their own way (Priscilla could just be seen as discount Catwoman and Barbara requires convincing makeup/cgi).

I wonder if that's where Rucka got it from.
    Maybe, though I guess going back to the Golden Age there's the split personality Priscilla had so comparisons between the two aren't invalid. And Barbara now is presented as a friend (or posing as one) to Diana similar to Harvey and Bruce.

Maybe, though I guess going back to the Golden Age there's the split personality Priscilla had so comparisons between the two aren't invalid. And Barbara now is presented as a friend (or posing as one) to Diana similar to Harvey and Bruce.
    Yeah that's true.

Mighty Member

Think both Priscilla and Barbara have something of an uphill battle in their own way (Priscilla could just be seen as discount Catwoman and Barbara requires convincing makeup/cgi).

It's funny as Batman Returns' Catwoman was crazier than Catwoman has EVER been...

One thing I think both Ross's Pricilla and WW84 does right with their Cheetah designs is make they eyes hard to see.

The skinned cheetah skull on Pricilla's head lacks eyes and he angles her head down a lot so you can't see her eyes either. WW84 uses lighting and gives Cheetah heavy eyeshadow so it just straight up looks like she has no eyes sometimes.

Both help with the creep factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    It's funny as Batman Returns' Catwoman was crazier than Catwoman has EVER been...
    And has ever been since, lol.

But yeah, sadly Batman Returns kinda got to it first in movies so I think it would be hard for Pricilla Rich cheetah to step outside of Batman Returns Catwoman's shadow. But who knows, Pricilla Rich would certainly be cheaper in a live action tv-show.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

This is my favorite version of the Cheetah. She's a true force of nature.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.