Page 56 of 162 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Giganta probably, doesn't help most outside of Simone explore Giganta much more than just being the giant woman in villain group shots.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Giganta. Girl started out as a gorilla. Most people don't even know she's a doctor.
    I honestly miss the gorilla origin.
    Doris seems kind of pointless because nobody uses her brain anyway. And Golden Age Giganta was still pretty crafty despite being a brute

I definitely prefer Giganta as a brute rather than a scientist.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I do as well... kind of like Diana's personal Doomsday...only with more of a personality (and they choose to give Doomsday more action in media despite being a plot device)

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I do as well... kind of like Diana's personal Doomsday...only with more of a personality (and they choose to give Doomsday more action in media despite being a plot device)
    Yeah, Doomsday was really meant to be a one-and-done villain. They keep bringing him back though, and he always comes back weaker.

I don't know if I'd have Giaganta be that powerful. Stogner than Diana physically, yeah, a villain has to be stronger than the hero in some aspect or they aren't a threat. But 9 times out of 10 Diana should be able to beat her.

Yeah, Doomsday was really meant to be a one-and-done villain. They keep bringing him back though, and he always comes back weaker.

I don't know if I'd have Giaganta be that powerful. Stogner than Diana physically, yeah, a villain has to be stronger than the hero in some aspect or they aren't a threat. But 9 times out of 10 Diana should be able to beat her.
    Yeah, he and Bane both have the "You're never gonna top your debut" problem.

Mighty Member

Yeah, I don't think she should be a world ender (not because she can't, but because she simply has no interest in mass destruction), but I do think that on the basis of pure physical strength Giganta should be top tier (in that Diana would have to find more creative ways to beat her than punching her out).

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I disagree on the grounds that her as a dumb brute pretty much makes her loss a foregone conclusion. Also it gets a bit dull. But having Doris make plans? That makes her scary.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I disagree on the grounds that her as a dumb brute pretty much makes her loss a foregone conclusion. Also it gets a bit dull. But having Doris make plans? That makes her scary.
    I think a mix of both would be ideal. The original Giganta was a brute who lived by a "survival of the fittest, the strong should prey on the weak" mentality but she was also pretty cunning.

Giganta should be a brute but far from a stupid one. But the human scientist origin hasn't yielded any interesting results or made her a better character

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think a mix of both would be ideal. The original Giganta was a brute who lived by a "survival of the fittest, the strong should prey on the weak" mentality but she was also pretty cunning.

Giganta should be a brute but far from a stupid one. But the human scientist origin hasn't yielded any interesting results or made her a better character
    I agree. Brute doesn't equal stupid. Giganta would be probably more "street smart" and have more situational awareness. Think more like Hulk from Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes (animated series) and less Hulk MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

How often do people even USE the scientist angle when writing her? It seems to get relegated to a background plot detail most of the time.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I think Giganta should be someone who is put on the Suicide Squad time from time. Who isnt a fan of WW or the Amazons or Greek Gods. Connect her to the Titans or Cyclops of the old world and attempt to find ways to restore them.