Page 60 of 162 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast

Im reminded how one of Wonder Womans golden age villains was a guy named Vulture king who would implant a computer into peoples brains so they would obey his will, and gave them prosthetics to turn them into jet propelled harpys.
    I dare say one could get alot of horror mileage out of such a concept nowadays.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Alex Ross' interpretations of both Giganta and Cheetah have been my favorites so far. I wish DC would have had them crossover into the main universe after one of the various Crises. Both characters are tragic and horror-esque.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Alex Ross' interpretations of both Giganta and Cheetah have been my favorites so far. I wish DC would have had them crossover into the main universe after one of the various Crises. Both characters are tragic and horror-esque.
    Yeah, I dug a lot of Ross' versions of the Legion of Doom characters reading through Justice about a year ago.

if I could change anything about Rucka's second run I'd swap out the Poison he did for a Giganta revamp based off this.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I liked the mercenary/big game hunter civilian look Ross gave her. Makes me wish this is what Rucka would have done with Giganta in his second run than making Poison the mercenary.

I've never read Justice, and when people refer to the Wondy villain in it, I've only seen them mention Cheetah. This is my first time seeing this Giganta, and you've made me a convert. This Giganta and Circe could definitely be the last villains in Wonder Woman 3. This body horror interpretation is tragic and terrifying. I hope someone at WB/DC has shown this to Jenkins and Gadot. This version should definitely be in a movie with a $200 million budget to do it justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Im reminded how one of Wonder Womans golden age villains was a guy named Vulture king who would implant a computer into peoples brains so they would obey his will, and gave them prosthetics to turn them into jet propelled harpys.
    I dare say one could get alot of horror mileage out of such a concept nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I've never read Justice, and when people refer to the Wondy villain in it, I've only seen them mention Cheetah. This is my first time seeing this Giganta, and you've made me a convert. This Giganta and Circe could definitely be the last villains in Wonder Woman 3. This body horror interpretation is tragic and terrifying. I hope someone at WB/DC has shown this to Jenkins and Gadot. This version should definitely be in a movie with a $200 million budget to do it justice.
    That image is her partial transformation btw (just incase anyone thought that's what she looks like when she's fully transformed).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    That image is her partial transformation btw (just incase anyone thought that's what she looks like when she's fully transformed).

Hopefully for the movie they could do a happy medium. I imagine they would still want to sell dolls of Giganta, so some body horror elements could still be done, I hope. I also like Giganta as a mercenary. I never thought of her filling that roll before.

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of the Justice League stuff outside of cool poster shots but it's a pretty good story imo.

Hopefully for the movie they could do a happy medium. I imagine they would still want to sell dolls of Giganta, so some body horror elements could still be done, I hope. I also like Giganta as a mercenary. I never thought of her filling that roll before.
    They can do the body horror in the form of her transformation like how Ross had it. (But yeah, gotta sell that WW merch lol).

I was hoping they where going to show Cheetah transforming in WW84 and have it in the style of American Werewolf in London as a callback. But it was not meant to be.

Honestly though this got me to realize a lot of WW villains could be retooled with horror elements. Dr. Poison is already really creepy, body horror for Giganta and Cheetah could be further explored, Circe as well since she transforms people and has magic (that's actually already been explored in JL Dark).

Not sure if this should go in this thread or the Giganta thread but here is Giganta's Superfriends origin:

Not bad for a 70's Hannah-Barbera cartoon even though it skews too close post-Crisis Barbara Minerva origin (wealthy white woman steals her power from an indigenous tribe).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    They can do the body horror in the form of her transformation like how Ross had it. (But yeah, gotta sell that WW merch lol).

I was hoping they where going to show Cheetah transforming in WW84 and have it in the style of American Werewolf in London as a callback. But it was not meant to be.

Honestly though this got me to realize a lot of WW villains could be retooled with horror elements. Dr. Poison is already really creepy, body horror for Giganta and Cheetah could be further explored, Circe as well since she transforms people and has magic (that's actually already been explored in JL Dark).
    You could also easily add horror elements to Dr. Psycho and Silver Swan. The Duke of Deception illustration they showed in WW84 looked liked something out of a James Wan Conjuring film. Ares could also be given a more monstrous form.

Maybe Wonder Woman could get an elseworld film like Joker that's more in a psychological horror genre.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Not sure if this should go in this thread or the Giganta thread but here is Giganta's Superfriends origin:

Not bad for a 70's Hannah-Barbera cartoon even though it skews too close post-Crisis Barbara Minerva origin (wealthy white woman steals her power from an indigenous tribe).
    Magic powder, eh?

Yeah, I had some magic powder that made me high...but not the same way it made Giganta high...
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-06-2021 at 10:56 AM.

Alex Ross's Giganta is totally Belinda Carlisle...totally!

COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The headdress thing is a little weird but I could see the rest of this costume working in a movie or show.