Page 67 of 162 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2427
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Newsarama ranked WWs best villains

https://www.gamesradar.com/best-wonder-woman-villains/

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Hmm, think I recall they've posted this list before. Maybe even a few times actually.

Anyways, Max Lord at #3

Why do they go into detail about Nu52 Cheetah's origin and say the Rebirth one is "slightly revised". It's way different!
    It feels like they did make this list a while ago and just made some small edits and released it again.

Also, yeah Max being so high when he's only been in like, 5 Wonder Woman comics is bleh. (Or you know, him being on the list at all )

But honestly top 10 lists are all personal preference, so whatever floats your boat.

I think Queen Clea should have been on that NEWSARAMA list, if only because she's going to be the last rogue staring down Diana in the burning ruins, when the rest, including Ares, have fallen off their jobs.

Clea is the one, who cannot be reformed, reasoned or negotiated with. Clea is conquer, destroy, kill everyone you love and make you watch. When and if some writer establishes that Venturia is one of many empires, she's conquered, she's going to push past the clownier rogues and give the WW comic the classic archenmity, it should have established in the Silver Age.

I think it'll properly be Clea or maybe, Cyber, though neither made the Newsarama list.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 04-17-2021 at 06:06 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Mighty Member

Max being on the list is one of the main reasons why media presence is important. Who would have thought that characters like Blue Snowman, Clea, and others wouldn’t make it to a movie before Mr. Polka Dot? (Then again, I’m not sure if we want them to appear to play second fiddle to Harley...look what that did to the birds)

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hmm, think I recall they've posted this list before. Maybe even a few times actually.

Anyways, Max Lord at #3

Yeah, Newsarma(which I usually love) has posted this embarrassment several times over the years. This list is laughable at best with Strife, First Born, Apollo, and Maxwell Lord on the list. All of these "villains" have faced Diana 5 times or less. Call me biased but I think Dr. Poison should have been on this list before any of the aforementioned "villains". Queen Clea, Dr. Cyber, and Grail could also be argued at being more prominent than Max and the Olympians.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I think whoever wrote the list only really read the New 52 and Rebirth comics. Dr. Poison was even in the live action movie and wasn't put on the list...

Seriously though, Cale fits the #3 spot better than Max does, she actually has something against Wonder Woman in particular and not because Diana just happened to be the person to kill Max.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Yeah, Newsarma(which I usually love) has posted this embarrassment several times over the years. This list is laughable at best with Strife, First Born, Apollo, and Maxwell Lord on the list. All of these "villains" have faced Diana 5 times or less. Call me biased but I think Dr. Poison should have been on this list before any of the aforementioned "villains". Queen Clea, Dr. Cyber, and Grail could also be argued at being more prominent than Max and the Olympians.
    Eh, Strife is a decent entry imo. If you count Eris and Strife as just the rebooted versions of the same character (like pre-Crisis mad scientist Lex and post-crisis Businessman Lex).

Poison should definitely be on there nowadays given the movie, Rebirth, and Bloodlines have at least made her a more reliable regularly appearing villain.
    Last edited by Gaius; 04-17-2021 at 09:43 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Any villain list that has Max Lord but is missing Veronica, Medusa or even Dr. Cyber is made of fail

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I think whoever wrote the list only really read the New 52 and Rebirth comics. Dr. Poison was even in the live action movie and wasn't put on the list...

Seriously though, Cale fits the #3 spot better than Max does, she actually has something against Wonder Woman in particular and not because Diana just happened to be the person to kill Max.
    To be fair, that is seen as one of Diana's most important moments in her history. Important enough that Max is included in a six-issue in-canon story about their relationship, his inclusion in her movie, his inclusion in Earth One Volume 3, and his inclusion in two different Wonder Woman mythos promotional art.

Cale was excluded from both of those art pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    To be fair, that is seen as one of Diana's most important moments in her history. Important enough that Max is included in a six-issue in-canon story about their relationship, his inclusion in her movie, his inclusion in Earth One Volume 3, and his inclusion in two different Wonder Woman mythos promotional art.

Cale was excluded from both of those art pieces.
    Yeah, but important doesn't always equate good or a positive legacy.

Hal Jordan becoming Parallax, Barbara Gordan getting crippled by the Joker, or John Stewart blowing up a planet are arguably more important moments in those character's histories than Max getting his neck snapped and you'll find of plenty of fans of those characters who want those moments expunged from the records.

1. Cheetah
    2. Ares
    3. Circe

These three are her biggest and most iconic rogues, any DC fan, even if they don’t read any Wonder Woman comics can tell you these are her top three.

4. Giganta
    5. Dr Psycho

These two are her next biggest opponents. Giganta gets a ton of exposure outside of comics and Psycho has gotten a lot of love recently thanks to the HBO Max Harley Quinn show. Both also have a ton of history with Diana. After these 5 things get iffy and can be debated but I’ll take a crack at it.

6. Maxwell Lord
    7. Dr Poison
    8. Silver Swan
    9. Veronica Cale
    10. Grail

That’s who I’d round out the list with. Whether people like it or not movies reach a much larger audience than comics, so WW & WW84 have cemented Maxwell Lord and Dr Poison’s place on this list. The reason I put Max above Maru is because Sacrifice was a much bigger story than anything Maru has been in. Silver Swan and Veronica Cale get in due to comics history and their appearances in Bloodlines. Grail rounds out the top 10 as despite being relatively new, I always see DCEU fans clamoring for her to face Diana in a movie, plus she’s a successful dark version of Diana. A case can be made for Baroness Paula Von Gunther but I can’t see any other of Diana’s rogues making the list.

Jimenez's pseudo-Who's Who/Tear sheets for Historia make me wish DC would do another DC Info book sometime. Even though they're kind of irrelevant in the modern age of the internet and fan wikis.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    1. Cheetah
    2. Ares
    3. Circe

These three are her biggest and most iconic rogues, any DC fan, even if they don’t read any Wonder Woman comics can tell you these are her top three.

4. Giganta
    5. Dr Psycho

These two are her next biggest opponents. Giganta gets a ton of exposure outside of comics and Psycho has gotten a lot of love recently thanks to the HBO Max Harley Quinn show. Both also have a ton of history with Diana. After these 5 things get iffy and can be debated but I’ll take a crack at it.

6. Maxwell Lord
    7. Dr Poison
    8. Silver Swan
    9. Veronica Cale
    10. Grail

That’s who I’d round out the list with. Whether people like it or not movies reach a much larger audience than comics, so WW & WW84 have cemented Maxwell Lord and Dr Poison’s place on this list. The reason I put Max above Maru is because Sacrifice was a much bigger story than anything Maru has been in. Silver Swan and Veronica Cale get in due to comics history and their appearances in Bloodlines. Grail rounds out the top 10 as despite being relatively new, I always see DCEU fans clamoring for her to face Diana in a movie, plus she’s a successful dark version of Diana. A case can be made for Baroness Paula Von Gunther but I can’t see any other of Diana’s rogues making the list.
    I like your list more.

DC seems adamant on keeping Max Lord involved in Wonder Woman's storylines for some reason. The addition of Lair Lair feels like they are cementing that inclusion, because now you have a WW original character that is directly tied to Max.

Some unused Cheetah concept designs by Drew Johnson from his time on Rucka's run and for WW'77