Page 7 of 162 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Not that I dislike Barbara Minerva, but I don't think she stands out as much.
    Last edited by Alpha; 01-06-2021 at 04:34 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Am I the only one who would like an updated version of Priscilla Rich? I think it's more complex and stylish than the Barbara Minerva version and I love the idea that she is obsessed with pelts and would love that she wears a cheetah suit instead of actually turning into a suit.

Kinda like Cruella de Vil except she hunts mythical creatures and creates clothes out of them which she then sells to excentric buyers with curses on them from abusive magic she learned through the chaotic gods of various mythologies.
    I love Minerva, but I'm very fond of Priscilla as well. I tend to go back and forth on which one I prefer. They both have interesting themes to explore.

My favorite modern versions of the Cheetah are Rucka/Sharp's Barbara and Alex Ross's Priscilla.

I figured if DC ever settles on of Diana debuted in WW2 then its possible both Priscilla and Barbara could exist just at different points in Diana’s career/life.

Wouldn’t be any dumber than three Jokers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I figured if DC ever settles on of Diana debuted in WW2 . . .
    Then maybe that run of Wonder Woman around 1977 (issues #228 - #243 and World's Finest Comics #244 - #250) could sort of be back in her backstory?

Wonder_Woman_Vol_1_228 GCD.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Then maybe that run of Wonder Woman around 1977 (issues #228 - #243 and World's Finest Comics #244 - #250) could sort of be back in her backstory?

Wonder_Woman_Vol_1_228 GCD.jpg
    Well, if it means two Cheetahs sure why not?

If Diana debuts during WWII then I'd prefer to have Priscilla and Barbara combined into one character rather than having two Cheetahs who have nothing to do with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    If Diana debuts during WWII then I'd prefer to have Priscilla and Barbara combined into one character rather than having two Cheetahs who have nothing to do with each other.
    But Priscilla could be the 1940s Cheetah and Barbara the 21st century Cheetah. (Unless you're making Priscilla immortal or something, because in the 21st century she'd be over 100 years old around now.)

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

But Priscilla could be the 1940s Cheetah and Barbara the 21st century Cheetah. (Unless you're making Priscilla immortal or something, because in the 21st century she'd be over 100 years old around now.)

Around the time that DC announced that Diana was once again active in World War II, they also confirmed that the Priscilla Rich version of the Cheetah was one of her adversaries so Priscilla is cannon again.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Yeah, I'd make her immortal. I just don't like making Barbara a legacy character.

Yeah, I'd make her immortal. I just don't like making Barbara a legacy character.
    What do you mean "make her"? There have been 3 or 4 cheetah's already

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What do you mean "make her"? There have been 3 or 4 cheetah's already
    But Barbara wasn't created as a legacy character. She was just a new version of Cheetah in the rebooted continuity. That is until Byrne came in and made both her and Diana legacies of Hippolyta and Priscilla in his run. I didn't like it back then and I wouldn't like it now.

Mighty Member

But Barbara wasn't created as a legacy character. She was just a new version of Cheetah in the rebooted continuity. That is until Byrne came in and made both her and Diana legacies of Hippolyta and Priscilla in his run. I didn't like it back then and I wouldn't like it now.
    It would have helped if they kept her name as Pricilla Rich. It probably didn't help that there already was a second Cheetah, so it wasn't out of the realm of possibility to make a third. It's funny as Dr Cyber had her name changed and stayed as the reimagining rather than a legacy...

To tell you the truth...a lot of the civilian name changes didn't make all that much sense...Pricilla Rich isn't as comic book sounding as the alliterative Cylvia Cyber or the assonance of Adrianna Anderson.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Yeah. Priscilla and Barbara existing in the same continuity can work (though I agree it's not ideal) if they both fight an immortal Diana in different periods. But I really don't like Wonder Hippolyta or making her Priscilla's enemy. When the actual comics DC published say it was Diana, so it's not really honoring that history.

I do wish Perez had just named her Dr. Priscilla Rich. It's not like the changes to her were more drastic than post-COIE Lex and he kept his name. It doesn't help with consistency. Same with Silver Swan could have still been named Helen Alexandros. And I kind wish they'd split the difference with Cyber and call her Cylvia Anderson.