Page 78 of 162 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2427

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Like Osira too, would thought with the Egyptian connections she'd make a good enemy for the Bana tribe. Maybe them being the ones who imprisoned her originally.

Though with the Hawks, Black Adam, and Dr. Fate, DC's Ancient Egypt is pretty crowded.
    Just to point this out, if you look at the timeline for things theres supposed to be a fair amount of time between each of those things being active.

Doctor Mist was from northern Africa 11000 years ago
    Black Adam was from Egypt 5000 years ago
    Ibis the Invincible was from Egypt 4000 years ago
    The Bana separated from the Island Amazons 3000 years ago

I can't find specific years for Doctor Fate, the Hawks, or Osira, but theres alot of history there to work with. Could probably have the Bana cross paths with Osira without stepping on any other meta toes.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Like Osira too, would thought with the Egyptian connections she'd make a good enemy for the Bana tribe. Maybe them being the ones who imprisoned her originally.

Though with the Hawks, Black Adam, and Dr. Fate, DC's Ancient Egypt is pretty crowded.
    Diana has three Egyptian themed villains in her franchise: Osira, Aknaten (Golden Age) and Mikra (Silver Age).

It'd be neat for someone to do something will all three, and maybe connect them to the Bana

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Not necessarily overcrowded, just expanded. Maybe the ancient "JSA" of Black Adam, Dr. Fate(Nabu), the Hawks, and Hippolyta are the ones who imprisoned Osira?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah, I don't see why Hypnota stands out as needing "fixing" when a lot of her Golden Age villains

It was basically doing She-Ra before She-Ra was around (Catra, Scorpia, Perfuma, Mermista, Frosta, Castaspella, etc.)

So many of Marston’s ideas fit this description: Basically doing X before X was a thing!
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Just to point this out, if you look at the timeline for things theres supposed to be a fair amount of time between each of those things being active.

Doctor Mist was from northern Africa 11000 years ago
    Black Adam was from Egypt 5000 years ago
    Ibis the Invincible was from Egypt 4000 years ago
    The Bana separated from the Island Amazons 3000 years ago

I can't find specific years for Doctor Fate, the Hawks, or Osira, but theres alot of history there to work with. Could probably have the Bana cross paths with Osira without stepping on any other meta toes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Not necessarily overcrowded, just expanded. Maybe the ancient "JSA" of Black Adam, Dr. Fate(Nabu), the Hawks, and Hippolyta are the ones who imprisoned Osira?
    Not really complaining, just kind of amusing how common Egypt is for when writers want to have something that evokes being ancient and vaguely mysterious/ominous.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Diana has three Egyptian themed villains in her franchise: Osira, Aknaten (Golden Age) and Mikra (Silver Age).

It'd be neat for someone to do something will all three, and maybe connect them to the Bana
    Maybe make them all the same species of alien who tried to rule Egypt before the Bana and Egyptians kicked them out and sent them on their way.

Someone is reading my mind. It’d make a great Time’s Past and current storyline to explore and create.

^^^^ what a revamp, man.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Now that I think of it, they could have used him instead of Max Lord in the WW84 movie.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Now that I think of it, they could have used him instead of Max Lord in the WW84 movie.
    They didn't want to use a god in the WW84 movie though.

Unless you mean making him a normal man who gets godlike powers like Max in the movie.

There’s a list of characters I’d have taken in WW84 over Max Lord; Veronica Cale, Duke of Deception, Dr. Pyscho...

I’d have even taken Sebastian.

There’s a list of characters I’d have taken in WW84 over Max Lord; Veronica Cale, Duke of Deception, Dr. Pyscho...

I’d have even taken Sebastian.

I'd have even taken Mouse Man.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The Circle was a good addition to Dianas origins. Some slight tweaks like them being banished or leaving the Island would be good to keep them around as constant foes to Diana.