Page 8 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah. Priscilla and Barbara existing in the same continuity can work (though I agree it's not ideal) if they both fight an immortal Diana in different periods. But I really don't like Wonder Hippolyta or making her Priscilla's enemy. When the actual comics DC published say it was Diana, so it's not really honoring that history.

I do wish Perez had just named her Dr. Priscilla Rich. It's not like the changes to her were more drastic than post-COIE Lex and he kept his name. It doesn't help with consistency. Same with Silver Swan could have still been named Helen Alexandros. And I kind wish they'd split the difference with Cyber and call her Cylvia Anderson.
    Not to mention they've had to work around the name a few times because of the other prominent Barbara in comics (Batgirl).

Yeah. Priscilla and Barbara existing in the same continuity can work (though I agree it's not ideal) if they both fight an immortal Diana in different periods. But I really don't like Wonder Hippolyta or making her Priscilla's enemy. When the actual comics DC published say it was Diana, so it's not really honoring that history.

I do wish Perez had just named her Dr. Priscilla Rich. It's not like the changes to her were more drastic than post-COIE Lex and he kept his name. It doesn't help with consistency. Same with Silver Swan could have still been named Helen Alexandros. And I kind wish they'd split the difference with Cyber and call her Cylvia Anderson.
    In Cheetah's case I don't mind the name change since Barbara Minerva is a cool name at least. But yeah, with Cyber and Silver Swan it was unnecessary.

from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. XXI (November 1986)

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Although Barbara Minerva is my favorite Cheetah, my favorite look for the character is the absolutely creepy nightmare that was Alex Ross's version of Priscilla Rich. Her wearing the skins of her pet cheetahs is truly the stuff of a horror film that I would watch repeatedly.
    c500095c2eb633a978a38d427d5a1ebc.jpg

Nah, Priscilla Rich and Barbara Minerva are completely different, at least for me. Not only in origin and powers, but also in motives and interests

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Nah, Priscilla Rich and Barbara Minerva are completely different, at least for me. Not only in origin and powers, but also in motives and interests
    I'd say its kind of like mad scientist Lex vs. businessman Lex. They could even merge the two occupations to fit together.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Although Barbara Minerva is my favorite Cheetah, my favorite look for the character is the absolutely creepy nightmare that was Alex Ross's version of Priscilla Rich. Her wearing the skins of her pet cheetahs is truly the stuff of a horror film that I would watch repeatedly.
    That's my favorite look for Cheetah as well. It's pretty unnerving and more creepy looking than a were-beast to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Even in costumed villainy there seems to be a glass ceiling. That all female Sinister Syndicate of Spider-Man was basically a modernized Villainy Inc...The fact that Wonder Woman's rogues who are primarily female don't get as much play as second stringers.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Yeah, this and the two versions of Barbara (Perez and Rucka's versions) are all tied for my favorite takes on the Cheetah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Even in costumed villainy there seems to be a glass ceiling. That all female Sinister Syndicate of Spider-Man was basically a modernized Villainy Inc...The fact that Wonder Woman's rogues who are primarily female don't get as much play as second stringers.
    And Villainy Inc deputed before even the first Sinister Six team.

Mighty Member

And Villainy Inc deputed before even the first Sinister Six team.
    Can Eviless file a lawsuit? Maybe she could at LEAST get some money from a legal battle with the Legion of Doom.

This is a really neat art piece .

Mighty Member

Has Dr. Poison been used since the first WW movie? I’ve really adored the creepy face mask they gave her. I’ve seen that look in a video game since. But I’m wondering if it has crossed into comics.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Has Dr. Poison been used since the first WW movie? I’ve really adored the creepy face mask they gave her. I’ve seen that look in a video game since. But I’m wondering if it has crossed into comics.

She had a cameo in James Robinson's run on Wonder Woman a few years ago but that's it.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is a really neat art piece .
    Only hiccup is giving Ares a visible mouth under the helmet.

They may not have done much, but this was still cool .